/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Identify Your Career Type with this test....very beneficial one indeed

Danah
02-21-2009, 09:03 AM
This test is used in some organizations to see whether you are fitting a specific job or not:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

its long test but very detailed and it worth trying
do it and feel free to share your results

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
02-21-2009, 09:16 AM
I liked that link and its links. JazakiAllah kheyr!

crayon
02-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Ahh yes, I've done this test before.. I'm an ESTP.
The description is so exactly me it's scary.

Danah
02-21-2009, 09:55 AM
^ yeah its very detailed test, and the results are very accurate.....will read ur type my dear :)
I took it twice to make sure of the result and it was ENTJ in both times

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...c=fieldmarshal

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saba muslimah
02-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey that's nice...test
well I m in ESFP

saba muslimah
02-21-2009, 10:49 AM
^ yeah its very detailed test, and the results are very accurate.....will read ur type my dear
I took it twice to make sure of the result and it was ENTJ in both times
Very accurate result..hmmm Gr8

Danah
02-21-2009, 10:52 AM
I cant click on a link on ESFP type

cant u post the link plz....if u dont mind....I want to know more about types of people :)

Al-Zaara
02-21-2009, 11:15 AM
ENFJ

and

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...ab=3&c=teacher

crayon
02-21-2009, 11:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
You're like Oprah! Lol, that's cool.

I'm like Donald Trump...<_<
Oh well, at least I don't have his hair.

Danah
02-21-2009, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon

Oh well, at least I don't have his hair.
lol..... but the description I read there is really suit u honey :)

I am like Bill Gates and Napoleon..... but I hate those two people :mmokay:

NazariteofEhyah
02-21-2009, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
This test is used in some organizations to see whether you are fitting a specific job or not:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

its long test but very detailed and it worth trying
do it and feel free to share your results
I'm a ISFP.

saba muslimah
02-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh... m like elizibeth taylor.. wow
I cant click on a link on ESFP type

cant u post the link plz....if u dont mind....I want to know more about types of people
hey here r the link ESFP
http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...=4&c=performer

Al-Zaara
02-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Haha, nice crayon... Means you're gonna get lots of cash. :p
What did it state in yours you could become? (career paths)

I really liked my results, I see myself and recognize the weaknesses and strengths.

crayon
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Haha, nice crayon... Means you're gonna get lots of cash. :p
What did it state in yours you could become? (career paths)

I really liked my results, I see myself and recognize the weaknesses and strengths.
Well yes, I must admit, I wouldn't mind the cash...:p

"The Promoter is drawn to action careers such as paramedic, military personnel, police officer, and pilot. Some have a fascination with finance and can become financial advisors or stockbrokers (ew, no thanks). They are also good in sales positions and love the competition for prizes. Some may become news reporters, sportscasters, auctioneers, fitness instructors, or skilled tradesmen. "

Yeah, it's so cool having all my weaknesses listed lol, every single one rings true..

• May not always follow through
  • Impatient with detail and long explanations
  • Have little time and interest in underlying theory
  • May offend people’s feeling by being too blunt
  • May not take to long view in your rush to action
  • Can be unreliable in relation to deadlines
  • Can get bored and frustrated if there is not enough going on

http://www.how-to-change-careers.com/estp.html

Musaafirah
02-21-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm ISFP
Is that a good or bad thing? I'm finding it hard to figure out..

Musaafirah
02-21-2009, 02:49 PM
^ Now I'm worried :ermm:

Al-Zaara
02-21-2009, 02:58 PM
^ You should be. :hmm:

Danah
02-21-2009, 03:06 PM

same here...
Actually I figured that are some weakness I need to fix in ENTJ

Al-Zaara
02-21-2009, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Well yes, I must admit, I wouldn't mind the cash...:p
:p

A lot of administrative and physical fit work seems to be your match! How cool is that!! :thumbs_up

Mine are:

Of all the Idealists, the Teacher (ENFJ) is the most likely to seek leadership positions in the private or public sector. The Teacher is drawn to careers in education or social services, such as college professor, high school teacher, social worker, or non-profit director. In business they are often trainers, sales managers, recruiters, or executives. Since they are good at building relationships, they may be fund raisers or recruiters. They also are found in jobs such as a health advisor, clergy, facilitator, or counselor.

Possible Career Paths for the ENFJ:
  • Facilitator
  • Consultant
  • Psychologist
  • Social Worker / Counselor
  • Teacher
  • Clergy
  • Sales Representative
  • Human Resources
  • Manager
  • Events Coordinator
  • Sales Representative
  • Politicians / Diplomats
  • Writers
Yeah, it's so cool having all my weaknesses listed lol, every single one rings true..
It is! Makes me more aware when I can read it right there. Here are mine, from the same site:

http://www.how-to-change-careers.com/enfj.html

• May want to make decisions and move on too quickly
  • May be over-loyal and blind to difficulties because of this
  • Tendency to avoid conflict
  • May overlook practical details due to focus on people
  • Need a supportive and warm environment
  • Can be hurt by criticism
  • Can be oversensitive to discord in the team or organisation

crayon
02-21-2009, 03:38 PM
:p

A lot of administrative and physical fit work seems to be your match! How cool is that!! :thumbs_up

Possible Career Paths for the ENFJ:
  • Facilitator
  • Consultant
  • Psychologist
  • Teacher
  • Clergy
  • Sales Representative
  • Human Resources
  • Manager
  • Events Coordinator
  • Sales Representative
  • Politicians / Diplomats
  • Writers

Haha yes.. It would be cool to be a paramedic, or pilot, or news reporter... But fitness instructor?!! Haha, I'll pass..:omg:

And I could so see you as a lawyer working pro bono at some sort of non profit organization..:thumbs_up

bewildred
02-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Well, apparently, I'm an INFJ.

Bittersteel
02-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
Qualitative analysis of your type formula
You are:
  • very expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • slightly expressed judging personality

Careers:
Computer Programming, Natural Science , Natural Science Education , Engineering , Management
Entrepreneurship, Social Service , Law, Librarian .

Famous people of your particular type :Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, Marie Curie, Guy Kawasaki, Igor Sikorsky, Hillary Clinton

Liked my results,they were most perfect :D.
Except for the last I would seriously consider all the careers mentioned above.

Güven
02-21-2009, 06:31 PM
INFJ, I dunno what it means but coool :shade:

Career:
Social Work
Education
Librarian
Law
Health Care
Early Childhood Education
Psychology/Psychotherapist
Counseling
Art/Science
Design
Science

some are true and some are ...lol

Idealist Portrait of the Counselor (INFJ)

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.
Mohandas Gandhi, Sidney Poitier, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte, Sir Alec Guiness, Carl Jung, Mary Baker Eddy, Queen Noor are examples of the Counselor Idealist (INFJ).
cool I see famous names :shade:

Yanal
02-21-2009, 06:32 PM
My type is EnJT I'm going in managnent,politics or some science department.

Danah
02-21-2009, 07:45 PM
whats wrong??

Am I the only one from type ENTJ??

I need someone like me to discuss something with.

Possible Career Paths for the ENTJ(Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging):

• Corporate Executive Officer; Organization Builder
  • Entrepreneur
  • Computer Consultant
  • Lawyer
  • Judge
  • Business Administrators and Managers
  • University Professors and Administrators

abdullah_001
02-21-2009, 08:37 PM
:sl:

There has to be at least one other INTJ on the forums!

This is funny cos growing up my gramps always called me a scientist, he always thought I would become one but didn't exactly no why, oh how I miss him...
:w:

Chuck
02-21-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm ISFP
Possible Career Paths for the ISFP:

• Artist
  • Musician / Composer
  • Designer
  • Child Care / Early Childhood Development
  • Teacher
  • Psychologist
  • Veterinarian
  • Forest Ranger
  • Pediatrician

Musaafirah
02-21-2009, 09:18 PM
^^Snap. I want to be a Mad Scientist though...
* Artist - I can't draw...
* Musician / Composer- I'm useless at these..
* Designer- You've gotta be kidding me...
* Child Care / Early Childhood Development- Umm...
* Social Worker / Counselor <_<
* Teacher- Have you seen the kids these days?:skeleton:
* Psychologist- I think I'm considered a headcase myself.. :D
* Veterinarian- :X
* Forest Ranger- :BeRightBack:
* Pediatrician- Umm..no way.
I personally think this is not an accurate test. Maybe I should take it again..

Chuck
02-21-2009, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
^^Snap. I want to be a Mad Scientist though...
* Artist - I can't draw...
* Musician / Composer- I'm useless at these..
* Designer- You've gotta be kidding me...
* Child Care / Early Childhood Development- Umm...
* Social Worker / Counselor <_<
* Teacher- Have you seen the kids these days?:skeleton:
* Psychologist- I think I'm considered a headcase myself.. :D
* Veterinarian- :X
* Forest Ranger- :BeRightBack:
* Pediatrician- Umm..no way.
I personally think this is not an accurate test. Maybe I should take it again..
lol

transition?
02-21-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm an INTJ.

ummm,.,,

-Elle-
02-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Cool!

Im...ENTJ(Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging ):D

Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals.
freaaakishly true!

youngsister
02-21-2009, 11:36 PM

Cool I am ISFJ

Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.
I read the whole article and is very accurate:thumbs_up

alcurad
02-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Enfj :)
http://typelogic.com/enfj.html

hmmm

AntiKarateKid
02-21-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm an ISJF or a PROTECTOR!!!

I'll save you all!

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...=2&c=protector

(though a bit of it isnt 100% true)

Güven
02-21-2009, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
I'm an ISJF or a PROTECTOR!!!

I'll save you all!

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...=2&c=protector

(though a bit of it isnt 100% true)

"Mother Teresa, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Stewart, and Tsar Nicholas II are examples of Protector Guardian style. "

LOL

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-21-2009, 11:57 PM

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

You are:
  • slightly expressed introvert
  • slightly expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality
Idealist Portrait of the Counselor (INFJ)

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

Mohandas Gandhi, Sidney Poitier, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte, Sir Alec Guiness, Carl Jung, Mary Baker Eddy, Queen Noor are examples of the Counselor Idealist (INFJ).
http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...=3&c=counselor
Interesting to say the least..

On a side note, there was this 'Jung Marriage Test' link there..so I try to click it and discover that it costs around $6 to take <_<

Güven
02-22-2009, 12:07 AM
^You got the same type as me bro ......the best type ofcourse :shade:

AntiKarateKid
02-22-2009, 12:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
"Mother Teresa, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Stewart, and Tsar Nicholas II are examples of Protector Guardian style. "

LOL
Now now.... Mother Teresa balances him out right?

alcurad
02-22-2009, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
^You got the same type as me bro ......the best type ofcourse :shade:
^u guys are my cousins:)

but seriously, these are just approximations at best, everyone goes through phases and mood swings..

Yanal
02-22-2009, 12:38 AM
This isn't logic Guven. Oh this is the best type. You really think a nature freak will be a counseller it just depends on your personaility when you gradute.

Güven
02-22-2009, 12:41 AM
^Now now Yanal ..dont get jealous :shade:

Güven
02-22-2009, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Now now.... Mother Teresa balances him out right?
no i dont think so :D

zanjabeela
02-22-2009, 02:28 AM
This is the third time in a year I'm taking this test...and once again, I'm an INFP, although I seem to be swinging more toward INFJ than before. No other INFPs here? Awwww shucks...we're a rare breed :coolious:
You are:
  • moderately expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed feeling personality
  • slightly expressed perceiving personality
Your strengths at work
* Adaptable and flexible
* Can be good at persuading others about things you believe passionately in
* Concerned for helping and including others
* Sensitive to the needs of others
* Look for work that has a purpose
* Curious and creative
* Constantly looking for new ideas and possibilities
* Good at seeing the big picture
* Very loyal to people or organisations that you believe in
* Excellent written communication skills

Your preferred work environment
* Need an organisation that is aligned with your own deeply held values
* Supportive and co-operative atmosphere
* Focuses on values that meet the needs of others
* Allows time and space for privacy and reflection
* Calm and quiet
* Loosely structured and unbureaucratic
* Colleagues who share your values and sense of purpose
* Rewards personal development

Your leadership style
* Can be good team builder around a common vision
* Facilitative rather than directive in style
* Will lead in your own unique and individual way
* Will be encouraging and supportive of your team
* Good at helping others develop their potential
* Low key and relaxed leadership style
* Will prefer to work one-to-one with team members

INFP weaknesses to watch out for
* May spend too long thinking and planning and be slow to move to action
* Weak at getting the detail right
* Resist working within a tightly structured system
* May find it hard to be tough when this is needed
* May prevaricate and struggle to meet deadlines
* Can find routine work meaningless and frustrating and so ignore it
* May overlook practical details when caught up with a vision that inspires you
* Can find competitive environments a challenge
* Need time alone and may find too much team work difficult
Idealist Portrait of the Healer (INFP)Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.
Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity (around one percent of the population), Healers can feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.
Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.
At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.
Princess Diana, Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow", and Isabel Meyers are examples of a Healer Idealists.
Most of it's quite true. This will change as we evolve :)

Danah
02-22-2009, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
Cool!

Im...ENTJ(Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging ):D

freaaakishly true!
^Finally I found my twin :D....lets stick together :D
Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals.
^and thats is 100% true for me
we are like Hillary Clinton, Napoleon, Margret Thatcher, Carl Sagan, Bill Gates.
well, at least there is a similarity between me and Bill Gates since both of us in the same field

alcurad
02-22-2009, 05:50 AM
this seems to me more about spreading 'feel good' & 'motivate to work' memes rather than accurate descriptions of our personalities
some of it resonates though,,

Faseeha
02-22-2009, 10:15 AM

I'm an ENFP

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...b=3&c=champion
http://typelogic.com/enfp.html

Some of it is true and the rest is not like me at all, so i guess this test isn't 100% accurate.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation...&TF=-25&JP=-11

As for the career options, those are a bit more accurate.

*Yasmin*
02-22-2009, 02:01 PM
cool test thanx sis
i'm ISFJ

You are:
very expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality
hmm !!:><:
very expressed introvert< sometimes but not all the time it depends in my feeling !!

-Elle-
02-23-2009, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
^Finally I found my twin :D....lets stick together :D

^and thats is 100% true for me
we are like Hillary Clinton, Napoleon, Margret Thatcher, Carl Sagan, Bill Gates.
well, at least there is a similarity between me and Bill Gates since both of us in the same field
waaa!:D My very own LI twin!!(lol!)

Well, since both of us are ENTJ...I think we now know officially what the coolest category is.:shade:

Danah
02-25-2009, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
waaa!:D My very own LI twin!!(lol!)

Well, since both of us are ENTJ...I think we now know officially what the coolest category is.:shade:
lol, yeah lets stick together lol....but still there is something need to be done with Leaders type......maybe we can share our experience with each other through PMs, Usually in Uni, I find myself become the leader of groups naturally, but I found somethings in me need to be fixed in leading groups

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.