/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have a dog!

Ronaldo
02-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Salam aleikum!

I am very happy because I have begun practicing Islam for some weeks now. I'm like a new (whole) person! But I have a question. I have a dog at home. Would you say I should get rid of it? I don't know if you can understand this, but I have had my dog for some years now ... :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
frindlymuslim
02-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Wa'laykumus salaam,

you welcome to Islam, after internet search found info about dog in the house:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...AskAboutIslamE

Pomak
02-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Just keep it out of your prayer room and you have to wash if it licks you.

Ronaldo
02-22-2009, 10:56 AM
thx for your answers, i appreciate it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KashifB
02-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Narrated Salim's father: Once gabriel promised to visit the Prophet but he delayed and the Prophet got worried about that. At last he came out and found gabriel and complained to him of his grief (for his delay). gabriel said to him, "We do not enter a place in which there is a picture or a dog."

(Bukhari Book #72, Hadith #843)

layla is here
02-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Just prayer in a room where you know the dog will not enter. The saliva of the dog is impure so you can not let it lick you or bite you.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-22-2009, 08:53 PM
the dogs a huge nuisance to stay clean bro

if i was you i'd weigh my love for the dog - with my love for staying clean lol

for real, a huuuuge nuisance :ooh:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!