/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question!

*Yasmin*
02-22-2009, 02:47 PM
yesterday a friend of my brother visit us to help me in applying to the uni he is attending, to give me some tips and advices ....etc
instead he came 2 hours( a lecture^o)) to give me advices and reasons to not go to uni !!(typical reasons we all know)
i understand his point of view but i didn't know how to convince him in my point?
what do u brothers and sisters say for people carrying like those thoughts?!
uni not good for girls....
uni is danger
uni not that important ....
better for girls to stay at home...
girls must be a good wife and a good mother. a degree not that important better for a girl to study Islam.(i agree better for a girl to study the deen but can't i study my deen and get a degree in something i love too and can help people through it!!)

in general.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorahmad
02-22-2009, 08:59 PM
http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...slam/DIELayout
inshAllah that might help you

*Yasmin*
02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noorahmad
Indeed, the Prophet allowed women to engage in suitable work for earning an income like men, so long as such jobs did not infringe on their dignity. He permitted them even to participate in battles: specifically to nurse the wounded soldiers and to fight alongside men.
Jazaka Allahu khayran brother
i read the article it's so good
i printed it i'll give it for the brother In shaa' Allah

i think the brother is thinking in the way i described, cause he sees a alot of muslims sisters when they started attending uni they strayed from the right road for different reasons.

The Ruler
03-01-2009, 12:19 PM
It's thoughts like this that makes us Muslims seem 'backward'.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dawud_uk
03-01-2009, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
yesterday a friend of my brother visit us to help me in applying to the uni he is attending, to give me some tips and advices ....etc
instead he came 2 hours( a lecture^o)) to give me advices and reasons to not go to uni !!(typical reasons we all know)
i understand his point of view but i didn't know how to convince him in my point?
what do u brothers and sisters say for people carrying like those thoughts?!
uni not good for girls....
uni is danger
uni not that important ....
better for girls to stay at home...
girls must be a good wife and a good mother. a degree not that important better for a girl to study Islam.(i agree better for a girl to study the deen but can't i study my deen and get a degree in something i love too and can help people through it!!)

in general.
uni not good for girls but he goes himself?

the ruling is free mixing is forbidden except for certain reasons like da'wah, jihad, serious health concerns, deeni education so are you studying islamic studies?

if not you shouldnt go as all universities except for a few in the muslim lands involve free mixing between the genders (same applies to the guy who came to talk you as well of-course)

*Yasmin*
03-05-2009, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
uni not good for girls but he goes himself?

the ruling is free mixing is forbidden except for certain reasons like da'wah, jihad, serious health concerns, deeni education so are you studying islamic studies?

if not you shouldnt go as all universities except for a few in the muslim lands involve free mixing between the genders )
no . i didn't apply for studying Islamic studies.
brother Dawud i didn't get your point clearly
r u sayin i can't study for ex- pharmacy cuz there is free mixing between the genders?
all the uni(s) here involve free mixing i don't live in muslim country so what do i have to do in this case?

(same applies to the guy who came to talk you as well of-course)
and what did you mean in this sentence
is that with the "exception" or not?

Dawud_uk
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
no . i didn't apply for studying Islamic studies.
brother Dawud i didn't get your point clearly
r u sayin i can't study for ex- pharmacy cuz there is free mixing between the genders?
all the uni(s) here involve free mixing i don't live in muslim country so what do i have to do in this case?

and what did you mean in this sentence
is that with the "exception" or not?
:sl: sister,

all mixed dunya based education is not strictly speaking allowed in islam, and yes this includes studying for a pharmacy degree or any secular studies.

if you cannot do the course you want to do without this free-mixing, i.e you cannot find a single gender course then you cannot do the course, it is forbidden.

but the same applies for the brother telling you not to go, it is just as forbidden for him to study in a mixed environment as it is for you.

it is really quite frustrating, as almost all of the ulema if you pin them down to it will say yes it is haram to go to a mixed school or university but they dont forbid it as to do so would mean losing credit in the community as being too strict, as well as probably losing their jobs.

the irony is people are way too strict when it comes to learning about the deen, so for example it is difficult for sisters to find help studying arabic so they can understand the Quran as their families wont allow them to have a male teacher, but the same families send their same daughters to study in mixed environments at school and uni, totally wacko.

God-is-great
03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
the irony is people are way too strict when it comes to learning about the deen, so for example it is difficult for sisters to find help studying arabic so they can understand the Quran as their families wont allow them to have a male teacher, but the same families send their same daughters to study in mixed environments at school and uni, totally wacko.
that's so true

limitless
03-19-2009, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by God-is-great
that's so true
:sl:

Well certain male teachers have known to cause sexual harassment. There was a case in U.S.A or Canada where an imaam had literally destroyed many families. He had gathered many married muslim women, and got them astrayed from their home and even disobey their husband and do illict acts of worship. Not that I am generalizing that everyone is bad and all. But I am just saying, that is a possibility they won't allow it. And at university the muslimah are "safer" because of their school friends being present and the security and all. That is another perspective.

Anyway, sis, if you can keep your gaze lowered and your imaam is strong. I encourage you to study in whatever you wish to, as long as you follow the islamic dress code and how not to free-mix because that is so common for many muslim women and men. But women generally tend to astray easily because of the pressure from non-muslim women and how they behave. Not to offend anybody.
:)
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.