/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Grand Mosque

Hassan'76ers
02-23-2009, 12:57 AM
:sl:

I'm a little confused.

In the quran or hadith(i forget)
It says that Allah will protect the Grand mosque also known as Masjidul Haram in Mecca from harm

But what about the flood in mecca in 1941 where water levels reached really high.

for pictures of the flood go here : http://www.chillnite.com/gallery-194...tures-of-kaaba

Also there are other floods that I won't go to..

Secoundly
What about the 1979 take over/seizure of the masjid by extreamist. They brought grenades,SMG's,rifles and all sorts of stuff inside it and they shoot and killed people INSIDE THE MASJId and armed forces from France and Pakistan were called to deal with them.

For more info on it go here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_Seizure

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hassan'76ers
02-23-2009, 09:09 PM
any comments? i like to hear what the pious of the forum have to say..

:)

Hassan'76ers
02-24-2009, 03:27 AM
??nyone

alcurad
02-24-2009, 03:31 AM
the ayah declares it as safe, as in it should be kept safe, it is considered as a safe place where no innocent blood is supposed to be shed, but it could happen that events occur such as with the overtaking of it by the extremists who shed innocent blood back in the eighties-i wrote nineties bofore:blind:-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlackMamba
02-26-2009, 05:53 AM
Cmon hassan the 76ers shoulda never traded AI. Elton Brand was a FLOP haha

What ayah says Allah will protect Masjid Al Haram from. I know an ayah like in Al-Baqarah where Allah prohibits fighting there. And in At-Tawba Allah says for no Mushriks to enter the Masjid. I dont know which exact ayah you are referring to. Maybe someone that knows can answer the question.

Soulja Girl
02-26-2009, 10:30 AM

O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. (Surah Taubah: Verse 28)

And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-al-Haram (the sanctuary at Makkah), unless they (first) fight you there. But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers. (Surah Baqarah: Verse 191)

:w:

doorster
02-26-2009, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. (Surah Taubah: Verse 28)

And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-al-Haram (the sanctuary at Makkah), unless they (first) fight you there. But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers. (Surah Baqarah: Verse 191)

edit

and which ayat of the Qur'an are you going to use to justify at least a couple of Frenchmen taking part in the slaughter?

BlackMamba
02-26-2009, 09:49 PM
what ru talking about

doorster
02-26-2009, 09:52 PM
^^would an explanation make any difference here? :(

alcurad
02-27-2009, 04:36 AM
^not really:), brother doorster, I think you shouldn't jump to conclusions this quickly. French involvement is debated though,,
I said extremist since it doesn't do to commit such actions in the haram, and shed the blood of their muslim brothers for their own misguided beliefs that the mahdi was one of them, even the person who claimed it didn't fit most of the description in the ahadeeth.
not that I disagree with the intention, but the way it was acted out wasn't exactly the best way to go about such things..

north_malaysian
02-27-2009, 04:51 AM
Ifrom the pics linked, in my country that's very usual thing.. it's not dangerous kind of flood... unless it's like 5 ft or higher... that's dangerous and destroying

Soulja Girl
02-27-2009, 09:42 AM

Erm floods in Makkah are liike a blessing in disguise cuz they'd be a means of sustenance... :)

doorster
02-27-2009, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
^not really:), brother doorster, I think you shouldn't jump to conclusions this quickly. French involvement is debated though,,
I said extremist since it doesn't do to commit such actions in the haram, and shed the blood of their muslim brothers for their own misguided beliefs that the mahdi was one of them, even the person who claimed it didn't fit most of the description in the ahadeeth.
not that I disagree with the intention, but the way it was acted out wasn't exactly the best way to go about such things..
did some one video him saying it?

alcurad
02-27-2009, 10:54 AM
^how relevant is that, i wonder,,

north_malaysian
02-27-2009, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Erm floods in Makkah are liike a blessing in disguise cuz they'd be a means of sustenance... :)

Agree :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.