/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Loans with interest for a college education

AnonymousPoster
02-23-2009, 02:14 AM
:sl:

Background:
My parents are only practicing Muslims to a certain extent. They have worked very hard and dedicated their lives to their jobs to raise my family. While they were not able to spend much time with me growing up, they did everything they could to guarantee I had a good education. That's exactly what has happened. I had great Islamic teachers and was able to learn a lot about Islam. My faith has grown stronger from the knowledge. My parents are unable to dedicate their time to Islamic education. They are hard workers and aren't bad people. But they do not sacrifice enough time for their own spiritual growth, out of the constant work they do to raise my family. They remain ignorant of many things in Islam and have not had found the spiritual enlightenment that Islam gives people, which prevents Muslims from sinning.

The short version:
I've come to believe my parent use interest. I will be going to college next year. I am completely financially independent on my parents. I neither have a car, which is ultimately necessary for a job where I live since places are far apart from each other. I believe my college tuiton and fees will be paid using a loan with interest.

What shall I do? I feel my career and everything that comes from the education will be tainted.

:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.