PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian women become judges in Islamic court

Uthman
02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Linkage

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
02-26-2009, 07:41 PM
I dont suppose there is anything Islamically wrong with this?

Al-Zaara
02-26-2009, 07:53 PM
YAY! MashaAllah.

Pomak
03-02-2009, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
I dont suppose there is anything Islamically wrong with this?
Can i ask why is the question even being asked?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
03-02-2009, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pomak
Can i ask why is the question even being asked?
Just checking really, since men and women do obviously have clearly defined roles in Islam. That's the secondary reason.

The primary reason was to bump the thread. :)

Muezzin
03-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Just checking really, since men and women do obviously have clearly defined roles in Islam. That's the secondary reason.

The primary reason was to bump the thread. :)
You can just type 'Bump'.

I only get shirty about off-topic stuff that derails the thread, starts a fight or otherwise stirs the pot. :)

KAding
03-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Soooo...is it wrong Islamically?

doorster
03-04-2009, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Soooo...is it wrong Islamically?
No, not according to my version http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ml#post1076731
I don't suppose there is anything Islamically wrong with this?
"yes" there is, according to a fatwa posted on islamqa http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ml#post1075936

but in stark contrast there is nothing wrong with it according to Islamonline.net http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ml#post1076731

Whatsthepoint
03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Women seem to be rather well off in Palestine compared to some other Muslim countries. I wonder if it has anything to do with the presence of Israel, which is a secular liberal democracy.

crayon
03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with Israel, no.
And women are well off in other places as well, this for example, I came across it a while ago.

Pomak
03-04-2009, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Women seem to be rather well off in Palestine compared to some other Muslim countries. I wonder if it has anything to do with the presence of Israel, which is a secular liberal democracy.
How is it secular, how does "Jewish(both religious and ethno-sensationalist term) state" become "secular liberal democracy".

PS. its not even that liberal, since all the parties in Israel have the demeanor of BNP. (actually thats an insult to BNP)

Whatsthepoint
03-04-2009, 11:34 PM
How is it secular, how does "Jewish(both religious and ethno-sensationalist term) state" become "secular liberal democracy".

PS. its not even that liberal, since all the parties in Israel have the demeanor of BNP. (actually thats an insult to BNP)
Jewish as in homeland for Jews, but secular in all other ways except certain legal procedures.
Not at all.

Amadeus85
03-05-2009, 12:14 AM

You have right Pomak, Jews in Israel often say - Israel for the jews.

Pomak
03-05-2009, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Jewish as in homeland for Jews, but secular in all other ways except certain legal procedures.
Not at all.
Fail, i know some Jewish Muslims have tend to have massive problems with getting into Israel. Anyways Jews don't make a distinction between race and religion so its still not secular.

On top of that under my definition of secular, the state can't subsidize religious movements. (see American constitution)

north_malaysian
03-05-2009, 02:36 AM
[pie] Majlis Fatwa Kebangsaan memutuskan harus wanita Islam menjadi hakim di Mahkamah Syariah dengan syarat memiliki kebolehan, kewibawaan, kelayakan dan pengalaman luas dan tidak pula mengadili kes-kes hudud dan qisas (keputusan Majlis Fatwa Kebangsaan 6 April 2006).
[/pie]

Translation: (Malaysian) National Fatwa Council had decided that it is permissable for a Muslim woman to be a judge in the Shariah Court with conditions that (she) has the ability, the integrity, the qualification and vast experience (in Islamic laws) and can't give judgment on hudood and qisas matters (Decision made by National Fatwa Council on 6th April 2006)

http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/berit...ie_wanita.html

Pomak
03-05-2009, 08:15 AM
and can't give judgment on hudood and qisas matters
Why?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.