/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help- My computer is ignoring me

crayon
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
MSN usually signs when I turn on my computer, today it didn't.
I tried opening it from the start menu. I click on it, and nothing happens.
Tried restarting the computer, same thing happens.
I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it. Now it opens, but whenever I try to sign it I get:

"We can't sign you into msn right now, error code: 8007007e"

I've tried searching online for an answer, but it's all in computer gibberish..

Anyone know what I could do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*Yasmin*
02-25-2009, 10:26 AM
the same problem in the computer of ma brother
i just try again and again till it sign..
but sometimes it does not work ..

crayon
02-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Yay, more gibberish!..:><:
Thanks bro. I tried doing what that link said, but I couldn't get past the first step. The scan keeps stopping and telling me to insert the CD, which I'm pretty sure I don't have...

edit- ignoring the first step doesn't work, i tried..

MO783
02-25-2009, 12:57 PM
remove msn and re add it again

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
02-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Brother Mo- Tried that, still not working..

Alpha- These two don't work
"MSN Error Code 81000605 Fix - regsvr32 softpub.dll"
and
"MSN Error Code 81000605 Fix - regsvr32 Dssenh.dll Gpkcsp.dll Slbcsp.dll Sccbase.dll"

I get an error message that says "windows can not find "MSN"".

crayon
02-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Oh, oops, lol. I did try the others though, this is what comes up for each one:

crayon
02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Yup, I still get the same message.

doorster
02-25-2009, 01:59 PM
if you are using xp re-install
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000

if still no luck, then post back if using vista then I do not know what to do

IbnAbdulHakim
02-25-2009, 02:03 PM
it mightb e temporary as with many online services

give it time, see if it cahnges

crayon
02-25-2009, 02:29 PM
doorster- Tried that, still not working. :(

Fighting4Iman- Pretty sure there's something wrong on my end, don't think it's to do with the internet.

Thanks for all the help everyone, btw, I really appreciate it. :)

Vito
02-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Try uninstalling the one you have and try using an older version. Try msn messenger 7.5 if you can and see what happens. When you install it, it will probably say there is a newer version. Just hit no and continue using it and see if it works.

Here is the link: http://files3.download3000.com/downl..._Messenger.exe

OR

You could do a system restore.

1. Go to Start, click Run. Type "msconfig" and hit enter. (type it without the quotes)
2. On the General tab, click the "Launch System Restore" button at the bottom.
3. A new window pops up. Make sure "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is selected, and hit next.
4. In this window, you will see a calender. You will also see some numbers that are darker than others. Those are the restore points that you can use. Try to remember the date this started happening and then find a date that has a restore point thats closest to the date the problem started. For example, if this started on the 10th, try to look for a restore point that closest to the 10th. Once you figure out which date you want to use, click it and then click next.
5. At this point, make sure everything is saved because your PC will restart after you hit next again.

Thats it. Hopefully that should do it. By the way, here is an example of what I mean in step number 4: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...em_Restore.png. See how 17, 18, and 19 are dark? Those are the restore points that I'm talking about.

Zahida
02-25-2009, 09:33 PM
:sl: Thump it one!!!!!:w:;D

-Elle-
02-25-2009, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
MSN usually signs when I turn on my computer, today it didn't.
I tried opening it from the start menu. I click on it, and nothing happens.
Tried restarting the computer, same thing happens.
I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it. Now it opens, but whenever I try to sign it I get:

"We can't sign you into msn right now, error code: 8007007e"

I've tried searching online for an answer, but it's all in computer gibberish..

Anyone know what I could do?
I think I got the exact same message before,since it looks familiar...what I had to do was log into hotmail,then change the region from the random country i had put to the one I was actually in.

I doubted it would work,but when I tried it, it actually did. So yeah,I know it sounds really random,lol,but if you had put a random country(not the one you're actually in),switch it to where you really are...see if it works...

worse to worse, you can always contact hotmail:S

Good luck!!

$tranger
02-25-2009, 10:38 PM
:sl:

Still not solved? :-\

this is my sincere advice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZRh6sZZyz0 :thumbs_up

Please let us know if it helped, it has for MANY other people :D

crayon
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Zahida- I have! Lol, it makes these loud whirring noises every so often and I thump it and it stops. I'm waiting till the end of the school year to buy a new laptop, I'll have to manage with this one until then.

Stranger- Oh man, how I wish I could do that, it would be so relieving. :D

Houda- Yeah, I had that problem a while back as well, and I changed the country, and it ended up working.. Think this time it's different though.

Kai- Great ideas, I'm going to try them right now, thanks. Link doesn't work though, but I'll look for it somewhere else.

crayon
02-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Alright, so I tried downloading the older version. When I came to sign in, it said I wouldn't be able to until I downloaded the newer version. So I did. After it finished downloading and was about to complete installation, I got this

Catastrophic failure. Woohoo.:><:

I'm going to try a system restore now, and if that doesn't work, I give up, I'll just use ebuddy or something..

Cabdullahi
02-26-2009, 02:51 PM
what a noob^

uninstall it then install from this link
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/wlm85.asp

crayon
02-26-2009, 04:55 PM
System restore worked!!:D
Thank you Kai!

And thanks everyone else as well, I reeeeally appreciate it, may Allah reward you all.:thumbs_up

edit- Oh, thread can be closed now, thanks. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.