/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wudu, clothes and windy food!

Revert to Peace
02-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Brothers and sisters,

Now, this could be a complex question but I'll try, insha'Allah to make it as clear as possible. It's concerning wudu:-

Example one: I go to the bathroom to make wudu. I take clean clothes with me. I do wudu, put on clean clothes.

First question: Should I put on clean clothes inside bathroom, or outside. If I take off old clothes but can't put on clean clothes until out of bathroom then I'll have no clothes on!

Second question: Once wudu is done, can we touch old clothes?

Third question: Ah hem, :embarrass at what stage of wudu, if any, can we stop emitting gas? Until we have washed our feet, right at the end?

Example two: I have made one salat, waiting for the next, in my clean clothes. Nature calls, I then go into bathroom with clean clothes on, make wudu. However, does this then make my 'clean clothes' impure?

Example three: I go to work, make wudu, perform salat, all day with my old clothes on... Is this ok?

Any advice, insha'Allah would be very welcome!

JazakAllah khayran

Stephanie

:muslimah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sshussain
02-26-2009, 03:32 PM
As Salaam Alikum,
First question: Should I put on clean clothes inside bathroom, or outside. If I take off old clothes but can't put on clean clothes until out of bathroom then I'll have no clothes on!

You can put on clothes in the bathroom itself if there is no filth and your clothes will stay clean

sshussain
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Second question: Once wudu is done, can we touch old clothes?

Yes, you can touch the old clothes and remove them form the bathroom to the laundry etc, even if the clothes are impure. you just need to wash your hands after doing so, and don not need to make the wudu again.

Third question: Ah hem, at what stage of wudu, if any, can we stop emitting gas? Until we have washed our feet, right at the end?

If any one emits gas during or after wudu then the wudu is invalid he/she has to do it again.

Example two: I have made one salat, waiting for the next, in my clean clothes. Nature calls, I then go into bathroom with clean clothes on, make wudu. However, does this then make my 'clean clothes' impure?

this does not make you r clothes impure unless some impurity gets on to your clothes, here impurity means urine, stool, blood, pork etc.
If this type of impurity gets on your clothes you have to wash that part on your cloth 3 times, rest will be fine In Sha Allah.

Example three: I go to work, make wudu, perform salat, all day with my old clothes on... Is this ok?

This is ok you can offer your prayers in your old clothes only if you DO NOT have the impurities mentioned above

Revert to Peace
02-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Assalamu alaikum and jazakAllah for the replies... really very useful and informative and I can perform wudu now with peace of mind, alhamdulillah! Was getting me very worked up not knowing if i was doing the right thing.. wudu yes, but clothes, was not sure.

Again, JazakAllah brother

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Green_shoes
02-27-2009, 12:20 AM
bless you for asking this question, you made me laugh Lol
anyways here is my answer

you can wear clean cloths after you've washed and no the toilet doesnt make your cloths or you impure, touching dirt doesn't break your wudu, if a part of your cloths get dirty( by any means) you can wash them with your hand and still maintain your wudu as long as you havent broken your wudu by touching of private parts, passing wind etc.

again may i remind you touching dirt does not break your wudu, you only need to wash the off your hands and you still have your wudu, and going to the toilet doesnt make you "impure"

hope that clears things for you.

sshussain
02-27-2009, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Green_shoes
bless you for asking this question, you made me laugh Lol
anyways here is my answer

if a part of your cloths get dirty( by any means) you can wash them with your hand and still maintain your wudu as long as you havent broken your wudu by touching of private parts, passing wind etc.

hope that clears things for you.

As Salaam Alikum, I don't think that touching your private part invalidates the wudu. It is only invalidated when using the restroom, passing of wind, sleeping, vomiting, i dont remember the rest of them

Green_shoes
02-27-2009, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sshussain
As Salaam Alikum, I don't think that touching your private part invalidates the wudu. It is only invalidated when using the restroom, passing of wind, sleeping, vomiting, i dont remember the rest of them
I read it does

There are seventeen things which break wudu'. They are divided into three categories.

1) Ritual impurities, of which there are eight:

1. Breaking wind

2. Faeces

3. Urine

4. Madhy

5. Wady

6. Semen (when it emerges with unexpected pleasure)

7. Hadi

8. Bleeding from false menstruation

The first six are general to both men and women and the last two are specific to women.

2) Asbab, which are those things which are considered to lead to the emergence of ritual impurities. There are seven:

9. Sleep

10. Intoxication

11. Unconsciousness

12. Insanity

13. Touching a person of the opposite sex

14. Kissing

15. Touching the penis

3) Those things which do not fall into either of the above-mentioned categories of which there are two:

16. Doubt

17. Apostasy. May Allah protect us from it!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.