/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have a huge dilemma.

innocent
02-26-2009, 12:27 PM
My husband knows someone who drinks and gives whisky to his 8 month old baby regularly. I have been very worried since he told me today. The father of this baby is a muslim and he also beats his wife. I have asked my husband to give me his details so that I can report him but my husband says just leave them be. I know I can get him to give me the details eventually but what I'm worried about is the repercussions on my family. From what my husband has told me this guy is the sort who takes revenge. My husband is the only one who knows he gives the baby alcohol so if we report him he will know its us. I know I cant just sit back and relax knowing what is going on but how shoul go about it. Any advice will be appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
:sl:
Report his ass to the police. Do anything but nothing - there's a child's life at stake.

crayon
02-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Try talking to him first of all.
If that doesn't work, you can at least say you tried.

Then if he still doesn't stop, tell the police, but tell them you want to remain anonymous.

Oh, and I don't think the police will care about him giving the baby alcohol, I've heard of several people who do that. Do still mention it if you like, though. What the police should be concerned about is his violence towards his wife, that'll be his biggest problem.

nadia85
02-26-2009, 03:00 PM
I dont think well i am almost sure he cant give alchol 2 his baby and cant hit his wife what if u speack 2 his wife I am sure she would mayb open up 2 u u can support her help her 2 go 2 the police inshallah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
youngsister
02-26-2009, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Try talking to him first of all.
If that doesn't work, you can at least say you tried.

Then if he still doesn't stop, tell the police, but tell them you want to remain anonymous.

Oh, and I don't think the police will care about him giving the baby alcohol, I've heard of several people who do that. Do still mention it if you like, though. What the police should be concerned about is his violence towards his wife, that'll be his biggest problem.
I dont know what country you live in but in the UK social workers will take the baby away and rightly so.

To the topic maker, well what did you husband expect you to do? Any human being with a heart will be disgusted and report it to the police, simple

IbnAbdulHakim
02-26-2009, 04:48 PM
report him

theres no need for cowardice here

i have no doubt i wouldnt think twice about it

If i was in your situation sister,

i would feel constantly under the wrath of Allah for knowing this and doing nothing about it,and after reporting - i would feel under the protection of Allaah...

there is no need to fear a man. Allaah is the only one to be feared

crayon
02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
I dont know what country you live in but in the UK social workers will take the baby away and rightly so.
Ooh really? I didn't know, wow.. I've heard of people giving their babies some alcohol to get them to stop crying, or go to sleep... Not that it's a good thing, of course, I just didn't know it was against the law.

Muezzin
02-26-2009, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Ooh really? I didn't know, wow.. I've heard of people giving their babies some alcohol to get them to stop crying, or go to sleep... Not that it's a good thing, of course, I just didn't know it was against the law.
There's alcohol in certain types of gripe water, and there's flippin' whiskey.

Innocent, report this guy, he's going to hurt his kid, and he shouldn't be allowed to hurt his wife any longer.

nadia85
02-26-2009, 05:09 PM
whisky and a baby dont go together sorry

Muezzin
02-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Darn tootin'.

Also, innocent, which country do you live in? If it's somewhere such as the UK or US, for example, you shouldn't worry about the guy taking revenge.

Zahida
02-26-2009, 05:16 PM
:sl: OMG!!! You say the baby is only eight months old............. don't go to the police straight away but contact the local hospital who have health visitors who can visit the address he is living at and investigate subtley, this way you are also protecting yourself without any repercussions. BUT ACT NOW!!!
It is not uncommon for Health visitors to visit a newborn baby at the home so this will be the first step for them to visit and see what they find............

May Allah protect this child and his mother from this poor excuse for a man.................Ameen.imsad:w: Sorry guys.

innocent
02-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Yes I am in UK. I have contacted social services anonymously by email and asked their advice. I need to give them names and addresses which I will try and get from hubby.

nadia85
02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
Yes I am in UK. I have contacted social services anonymously by email and asked their advice. I need to give them names and addresses which I will try and get from hubby.
good luck may allah make things better for the baby and the mum ameen

nadia85
02-26-2009, 05:34 PM
sorry can i just ask how does he give the baby the drink in his bottle omg cant belive it

Mikayeel
02-26-2009, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nadia85
sorry can i just ask how does he give the baby the drink in his bottle omg cant belive it
yep exactly very unbelievble...

Seeing this from a muslim, a religion that does not allow alcohol consumption at ALL..... to an innocent baby... oh dearimsad

God-is-great
02-26-2009, 06:39 PM
La hawla walaa quwata illa billah
this guy is sick im telling you
plz sister report him IMMEDIATELY!!
not only is he beating his wife, he’s also giving the baby whisky?!! ASTAGHRIFULLAH

God-is-great
02-26-2009, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by God-is-great
not only is he beating his wife, he’s also giving the baby whisky?!! ASTAGHRIFULLAH

typo.. ASTAGHFIRULLAH

nadia85
02-26-2009, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by God-is-great
true hes got 2 b sick 2 do that this can really damage the babys healthimsad

Zahida
02-26-2009, 09:52 PM
:sl: Sis Nadia ^^^^^ unfortunaetly this world is full of sick and strange people. May Allah have Mercy on us Ameen...............:w:imsad

nms
02-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Report him

Ummu Sufyaan
02-27-2009, 08:36 AM
My husband knows someone who drinks and gives whisky to his 8 month old baby regularly. I have been very worried since he told me today. The father of this baby is a muslim and he also beats his wife. I have asked my husband to give me his details so that I can report him but my husband says just leave them be. I know I can get him to give me the details eventually but what I'm worried about is the repercussions on my family. From what my husband has told me this guy is the sort who takes revenge. My husband is the only one who knows he gives the baby alcohol so if we report him he will know its us. I know I cant just sit back and relax knowing what is going on but how shoul go about it. Any advice will be appreciated.
wow...you HAVE to do something sis.
but i advise to try see a muslin social worker about this first...cos that way they understand how to deal with a family break up alot better...i would think so anyway...

God-is-great
02-27-2009, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: ... unfortunaetly this world is full of sick and strange people. May Allah have Mercy on us Ameen...............:w:imsad
Ameen ya Rubb :muddlehea

Zahida
02-27-2009, 09:35 PM
:sl: To the poster. Please let us know what happened??? What did you do and do you know what the outcome was......................:w:

Green_shoes
02-27-2009, 09:45 PM
if you live in the UK there are many services out there which are confidential and it's just a call away, i'm sure thats not the only problem that family seems to have so the chances of him knowing its your husband that reported these issue is very little, and with the services available today your family will get help too if you have any worries about the consequences that might happen.
call these services and ask for advice available to in incase your family gets into trouble.

also think fo this child, you could help to save their life and the mothers, if you sit and watch it's selfish of you and you should help in anyway you can but make sure you know all the information you need.

mazhar_majhu
02-27-2009, 10:13 PM
May Allah show his mercy and greatness...ameen

Zahida
03-01-2009, 04:53 PM
:sl: I agree with green shoes as a Muslim and member of the community it is your responsibility to make sure that this baby and mother are ok.....

If you get in touch with social services they are at discretion and will not say who called you can also phone anonymously.....

Also Heath Visitors are known to regularly visit a newborn child, so this would not be anything abnormal for them to do. However if they are tipped off and made aware that there might be a problem, they can enter the house unsuspiciously and investigate................:w::peace:
format_quote Originally Posted by Green_shoes
if you live in the UK there are many services out there which are confidential and it's just a call away, i'm sure thats not the only problem that family seems to have so the chances of him knowing its your husband that reported these issue is very little, and with the services available today your family will get help too if you have any worries about the consequences that might happen.
call these services and ask for advice available to in incase your family gets into trouble.

also think fo this child, you could help to save their life and the mothers, if you sit and watch it's selfish of you and you should help in anyway you can but make sure you know all the information you need.

UmmahViews
03-01-2009, 07:29 PM
salaam

I am no scholar no a professional councillor, but my sincere advice is this:

Firstly, this person may have been exaggerating when he said these things to your husband. If your husband actually saw him giving alcohol to a baby, then I would encourage you to report him to the police.
Do not worry about the repercussions. Maybe report him to the police anonymous line on 0800 555 111.
If it turns out the guy was just making up the story for some random reason, may be not get the police involved?
Instead look at these points below (carry on reading even if it is the case that you do report him)

Secondly, make dua for him and the family. The over looked solution to every problem.

Thirdly, because you are a sister, help his wife. Don't try and force her into not loving her husband, but talk to her, give her support and by the way, don't try to seem daunting, like "What does he do?" but say something like "I thought my husband was going to hit me last night, don't you hate that feeling" let it be a leading question, get her to open up.
Also, if she doesn't tell you, do not worry! Give the sister a book or a talk "how to win the heart of your husband". Also, this lady may not pray, if it turns out that he was actually not giving alcohol to the baby and he was trying to act hard or something, you might want to not report this to the police, and instead help his wife come closer to Allah and through Allah win the heart of her husband and guidance.

Fourthly, get your local mosque to help. Now this does depend on what kind of mosque you have near you...some are useless. If you do have a good one, it doesn't matter which sect they belong to, seek help and advise.

Fifthly, if the issue becomes SERIOUS and they take the baby away from them, try to foster the child yourself, or ask somebody good to do that.

Hope that helps,

Muslim - from UmmahViews.com

Al-Zaara
03-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Did you give them the needed details? What did they say or what has happened so far?

'Abd-al Latif
03-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Enjoin the good and forbid the evil, help this family in their time of need and do not abandon them, and Allah will help you in a time when you are most in need.

The Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

"Whosoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter. Whosoever alleviates the difficulties of a needy person who cannot pay his debt, Allah will alleviate his difficulties in both this world and the Hereafter. Whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the Hereafter. Allah will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother. Whosoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, except that tranquility descends upon them, mercy covers them, the angels surround them, and Allah makes mention of them amongst those who are in His presence. Whosoever is slowed down by his deeds will not be hastened forward by his lineage."

[Sahih Muslim]

Yanal
03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
:salamext:
Ya Allah.How much suffering the poor baby is enduring through. All I can say is to tell that women to run away with the baby somewhere other then this while I think of something else.

Yanal
03-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Ya Allah.How much suffering the poor baby is enduring through. All I can say is to tell that women to run away with the baby somewhere other then this while I think of something else.

Zahida
03-01-2009, 09:37 PM
:sl: Bless you little one. I imagine that it would be quite difficult for the mother to run away with a small child...........

We do not know the full context of the story, this is why i have suggessted that the Health Visitors are alerted anonymously, so that they can pay a visit and investigate without any suspicious cause or upset to any party involved. This is a very serious and delicate matter and must be handled carefully as the welfare of both the child and it's mother are at stake...............

:cry: very sad situation...........:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

kjra
03-01-2009, 09:43 PM
wow...im just lost for words!!! this is just awful.....I would report him! Its not worth thinking what cud happen to this innocent child if this continues......you will have to do someting.....the longer you leave it the worse it will get.

symori
03-01-2009, 10:43 PM
seriously, get the police NOW!!

mediadave
03-01-2009, 11:07 PM
While I'm not in any way going to defend this guy - wife beating? Sheer scum. - I doubt he's actually making the baby drink whisky. I don't think that would be possible and would very quickly make the baby seriously sick. What I think is more likely is that he perhaps puts whisky on the baby's dummy to make it sleep - still not exactly good parenting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.