/* */

PDA

View Full Version : back from madinah.....puzzled abt salatul janazah

mazhar_majhu
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Asak brothers and sisters.
By the grace of All mighty Allah I had been to Madinah munawwarah this weekend..it was great .....performed my Salat Ul Jumah in nabawi mosque............
After satul Fajr we had saltul Janaza....
the procedure was as follws
1) we have 4 takbeer (ALLAH HU AKBAR) First three with less duration and the last after a sound duration..
2) Then Salaam

now i wonder when we are praying behind Imam what do we have to pray durung salatul Janaza
aur say what is the procedure to perform behind Imam and while praying alone?????
jazakallah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mazhar_majhu
02-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I have no clue where this question was suppose to be posted???I hope its fine in this category

doorster
02-27-2009, 10:33 PM
this>> Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4: Funeral Prayers (Salatul Janazah) may or may not be useful to you, check it out anyway.

wa salam

mazhar_majhu
03-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks it was helpfulll but i am not sure yet....i hope sum 1 can put more light in this regard

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
as for the funeral prayer i have seen some people do not pray like this but:
after the first takbir you pray Surah al fatihah and a short surah or some ayahs how we would normally pray
second takbir durood as we would normally pray when we sit at end of a salah
third takbir make the dua for the person who has passed away. there is more than one dua that can be prayed, which i will search for as i can
fourth takbir theres a pause then salam on the right side only

mazhar_majhu
03-02-2009, 05:30 PM
thanks a load.............
1 one thing what abt raising hand on each takbir..........raising hand on the first takbir is a must but what abt the rest........

S_87
03-02-2009, 05:51 PM
yes u raise ur hands for all 4 takbirs

and here is a link to the dua which also explains in more detail:

i forgot to add the link sorry:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/12363

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.