/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you think such clips help?

Zein El Nour
02-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Do you think such clips help the Palestinians cause?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1xN_ZSB898

The Never Before Campaign for Palestine

Never before has a people suffered such injustice, and yet displayed resilience and resistance like never before.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alcurad
02-28-2009, 12:26 PM
perhaps, the western media is so heavily censored & biased while putting forth claims oft times to the contrary, I'd say they would help.

جوري
02-28-2009, 11:36 PM
^^ agreed.. might not get the same mainstream attention but it is really one medium that the corporate goons can't control, that is independent news outlets and live events captured put in various mediums such as youtube... plus it has staying power that the other outlets try to enforce but can't since there are so many times you can play the same clip without folks getting suspicious .. and for that I am glad

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Zein El Nour
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
^^ agreed.. might not get the same mainstream attention but it is really one medium that the corporate goons can't control, that is independent news outlets and live events captured put in various mediums such as youtube... plus it has staying power that the other outlets try to enforce but can't since there are so many times you can play the same clip without folks getting suspicious .. and for that I am glad

and Allah swt knows best

agreed, but what kind of effect do you think that such clips might have on public opinion?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I am not sure.. to be quite honest, my way of thought tends to lean toward end of world prophecies as everything happening so far tells us so much..
They will gang up on us and gather around to plot as if predators to their prey but Allah swt is the best of planners, has decreed that Muslims will win out in the end, even if it is a hallow victory (i.e) after much blood shed and lives lost.. but the secret really to war is preparation for it, and we are not prepared, least of which on that sort of outlet.. The media is in complete control of the masses and I doubt that there is more than a handful that are free thinkers..

so I don't know, I'd like to be proven wrong.. that isn't to say of course that we should sit idle and do nothing.. I believe if everyone does the little bit they can, then maybe we'll then stand again as an umma as a whole.. Given that Allah swt doesn't change people until they change themselves..so every little change counts in my book

and Allah swt knows best..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.