/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wife Swap programme..............

Zahida
02-28-2009, 10:51 PM
:sl: Was just wondering if any of you saw the wife swap programme where a Muslim family took part and your views on it.................Thankyou.:w::thankyou:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
02-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Wife ...swap?

so someone else is hanging around with your wife and you are hanging around with someone else's wife ?

Hmm what should I think about that ? :rolleyes:

Ar-RaYYan
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: Was just wondering if any of you saw the wife swap programme where a Muslim family took part and your views on it.................Thankyou.:w::thankyou:
when was it sis?

Snowflake
03-01-2009, 01:24 AM
:uuh: tawbah!

i hate that prog!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zanjabeela
03-01-2009, 02:01 AM
:sl:

^ That program has the ugliest name in civilization. They could have called it Mommy Swap or something, but no. They had to get "catchy." Guven, they take the females of two households, and make them swap places. It's, of course, purely platonic...but the idea is still be pretty disturbing to the Muslim sensibility. I wonder how a Muslim family actually participated in it!

No, sis Zahida, I did not watch it. Probably will not either. What are your thoughts on whatever you saw (if you watched, that is)?

:w:

alcurad
03-01-2009, 02:03 AM
I don't even have TV, but there was some buzz about that program, it's all part of the deviation from the morals and values of the traditional/nuclear family, any idiot watching should stop, any idiot participating is spreading the idea,,
typical herd mentality, what next..

IslamicRevival
03-01-2009, 02:08 AM
"Wife Swap"

It makes me sick just saying it!

As for the disgraceful program..I wouldnt dare watch it as it would not serve me any purpose other then corrupt me

I would advise "Muslims" To stay clear and not watch such FILTH !

In fact TV is the root of all evil! (Except for legit 'Sunni' Islamic Channels)

You turn over a channel, you see a woman, you turn the channel over again and you see the same blooming thing !

You cant even watch the NEWS (Except PRESSTV) as there are "women" presenters ALL the time! :raging:

Zahida
03-01-2009, 11:08 AM
:sl: Lol!!! Yes. Let me just tell you guys that it IS NOT something i would normally watch, and as i was sitting doing some schoolwork my phone bleeped and a friend told me it was on. Can't remember what channel it was........

Curiosty got the better of me so i watched it. Basically a Muslim family swapped with Athiest family, and it was so embarrassing to watch. The Muslim lady slept in a hotel actually i think the gauri did too.............

The gauri wanted to drink alcohol.............the muslim lady wanted to get rid of it...............

The gaura did the housework, and the Muslim lady came home and did all the housework.............

It was such a hypocritical thing for this family to do. Being Muslim, it shouldn't even have crossed their minds let alone agree to do the programme.............

What really got me was the Muslim family had three children two girls eldest was 18, and one boy, the programme went on to concentrate about the girls not being allowed out. The boy was shown but didn't speak and was background, the girls and their freedom became the focus of the programme................... What were this muslim family thinking of!!!!!!!!!!!!:peace::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
"Wife Swap"

It makes me sick just saying it!

As for the disgraceful program..I wouldnt dare watch it as it would not serve me any purpose other then corrupt me

I would advise "Muslims" To stay clear and not watch such FILTH !

In fact TV is the root of all evil! (Except for legit 'Sunni' Islamic Channels)

You turn over a channel, you see a woman, you turn the channel over again and you see the same blooming thing !

You cant even watch the NEWS (Except PRESSTV) as there are "women" presenters ALL the time! :raging:

Hamayun
03-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I think once again the Muslims were portrayed as villains. Nice Muslim family. I feel their pain.

As the others said this program does not mean they literally swap wives. It means they swap responsibilities in the house.

crayon
03-01-2009, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
I think once again the Muslims were portrayed as villains. Nice Muslim family. I feel their pain.
They signed up for it, what were they expecting?

I didn't watch this episode with the muslim family, but I have seen an episode of this show.. Imo, muslims should definitely not participate in this kind of exhange.. I mean, what the heck, wife swap? :uuh:

Zahida
03-01-2009, 02:03 PM
:sl: Agreed, I also thought of why the family agreed to participate in the programme. Generally the family seem quite a nice respectable family, but i feel there was no need for them to have gone to this extreme...............

Thankyou to everyone for their views........:smile::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
They signed up for it, what were they expecting?

I didn't watch this episode with the muslim family, but I have seen an episode of this show.. Imo, muslims should definitely not participate in this kind of exhange.. I mean, what the heck, wife swap? :uuh:

IslamicRevival
03-01-2009, 03:39 PM
:sl: Lol!!! Yes. Let me just tell you guys that it IS NOT something i would normally watch, and as i was sitting doing some schoolwork my phone bleeped and a friend told me it was on. Can't remember what channel it was........

Curiosty got the better of me so i watched it. Basically a Muslim family swapped with Athiest family, and it was so embarrassing to watch. The Muslim lady slept in a hotel actually i think the gauri did too.............

The gauri wanted to drink alcohol.............the muslim lady wanted to get rid of it...............

The gaura did the housework, and the Muslim lady came home and did all the housework.............

It was such a hypocritical thing for this family to do. Being Muslim, it shouldn't even have crossed their minds let alone agree to do the programme.............

What really got me was the Muslim family had three children two girls eldest was 18, and one boy, the programme went on to concentrate about the girls not being allowed out. The boy was shown but didn't speak and was background, the girls and their freedom became the focus of the programme................... What were this muslim family thinking of!!!!!!!!!!!!:peace::w:

lol! These types of programmes are satanic

The muslims who went on the show should be ashamed of themselves!

I apologise if any of my comments sound a little strong

JazakAllah Khair

Zahida
03-01-2009, 04:42 PM
:sl: ^^^ Troubled Soul none of your comments were strong for me and i do not hold grudges with anyone. We are all human. I had just watched this programme and was really disappointed that this family, who appear to be very respectable had agreed to be on the show. I thought it was humiliating. I also agree that the family should be ashamed because of the way the English people would portray this. EG....... The lady entered the home without mehram present but would not shake his hand?????????? Tut-tut.
I don't know i just found the whole thing unbelievable as i watched it it just got worse and worse..........

Then at the end of the programme the lady was complaining that her daughters were pushing their luck on the whole freedom thing about going out etc etc. What did she expect. Why do something silly like this anyway?????:peace::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul

lol! These types of programmes are satanic

The muslims who went on the show should be ashamed of themselves!

I apologise if any of my comments sound a little strong

JazakAllah Khair

kjra
03-01-2009, 04:51 PM
:sl: ^^^ Troubled Soul none of your comments were strong for me and i do not hold grudges with anyone. We are all human. I had just watched this programme and was really disappointed that this family, who appear to be very respectable had agreed to be on the show. I thought it was humiliating. I also agree that the family should be ashamed because of the way the English people would portray this. EG....... The lady entered the home without mehram present but would not shake his hand?????????? Tut-tut.
I don't know i just found the whole thing unbelievable as i watched it it just got worse and worse..........

Then at the end of the programme the lady was complaining that her daughters were pushing their luck on the whole freedom thing about going out etc etc. What did she expect. Why do something silly like this anyway?????:peace::w:

yes you are right......do you remember where at the end of the programme when they were summing up their whole experience, the mother said the girls have changed and have become more cheekier......Im assuming its to do with the whole going out concerts and shows. I don't understand the point in doing something like that.....it doesn't make sense....espicially because they looked like a respectable family........hmmm I'm sure they are probably regretting it now.

Zahida
03-01-2009, 04:57 PM
:sl:Hmmm thats exactly what i meant. Why do that in the first place and then complain that the children were getting cheeky or pushing their luck.......... Lol!!! What kind of example did the parents set by agreeing to do the show in the first place??

Anyway enough. May Allah guide us All and have Mercy on us. I just was interested to see what other people had thought of the show.....

Can we pllease close this thread now. Thankyou:thankyou::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by kjra
yes you are right......do you remember where at the end of the programme when they were summing up their whole experience, the mother said the girls have changed and have become more cheekier......Im assuming its to do with the whole going out concerts and shows. I don't understand the point in doing something like that.....it doesn't make sense....espicially because they looked like a respectable family........hmmm I'm sure they are probably regretting it now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.