/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Addict?

AnonymousPoster
03-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Sallam.

My friend is doing weed, and admitted to me that she has smoked the drug many times when we were having a convo about salat and why she has trouble with it.

She is a 17 year old Muslimah and she does weed when she gets stressed out or something bad happens which is very frequent because she is really stressed out about school and getting into uni.

She gets the weed from her 22 year old aunt who is addicted and has young children. I really dont want her to end up like her aunt.I want to know how I can get her to stop or help her out?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
03-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Is it possible for her to get into a rehabilitation programme? I don't know how they work or what they do there, but according to people, they exist and are helpful.

Also, keeping in good company will help her keep away from it. Though, of course, the withdrawal symptoms are going to persist.

symori
03-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Someone like her needs a lot of time to change but make sure she has the intention to stop the weed thingy. Somehow, she needs your guidance,attention and support.

Al Qalam
03-02-2009, 08:04 AM
An addiction is a difficult thing for a friend to handle. You risk losing your friendship if you get tough with your friend about her addiciton, and you risk losing your friend if you do nothing; and she dies from her addiction. Really, the only thing you can do is remember her in your prayers to Allah, because she is really in His hands now. It's time to let go and let Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pomak
03-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Does she want to get off the drug?
And is she a user or an actual addict?(There is a difference)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.