/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim leaders urge united fight against terrorism

Uthman
03-02-2009, 07:51 AM
BHUBANESWAR: Muslims from different corners of the country and outside assembled in a congregation organised to build a movement against terrorism and pledged themselves to fighting divisive forces here on Sunday.

At the conference on anti-terrorism and global peace, organised by Jamaiat-Ulama-I-Hind, Muslim intellectuals and religious heads condemned the act of terrorism or violence in any form whether by an individual or an organisation.

“The whole country should strive to bring misled section of youth of the country to right path. We should stop them by all means,” they said.

“It is mandatory for us to help each other in maintaining peace and harmony in society,” said Hazrat Maulan Syed Mehemood Asad Madani, head of Jamaiat-Ulama-I-Hind.

He said, “for us India is safest country in the world. We are stakeholders in the country’s development. Our predecessors had made sacrifice to free India from colonialism. Now the foremost duty before us is to fight divisive forces to take the country on path of development.”

The conference of Jamaiat-Ulama-I-Hind appealed to media organizations to refrain from presenting terrorism synonymous to any religion and called them not to interpret events with bias.

Maulana Abdul Mouyeedd Quasmi read out fatwa issued by Darul-Uloom, Deoband, against terrorism. The fatwa said there was no place for terrorism in Islam.

Passing a resolution, Jamaiat-Ulama-I-Hind demanded that a law against communal violence be formulated as early as possible. Hazrat Maulana Quari Syed Md. Usman, president of Jamaiat-Ulama-I-Hind administered oath to delegates on fighting terrorism.

Addressing the massive rally in the evening, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said his Government was committed to protecting life and property of every citizen. Any form of terrorism should be condemned in strongest possible terms, he said.

Swami Agnivesh, a social activist, said efforts should be made to keep communal forces at bay. They were the biggest threat to nations stability, he said. Another Hindu religious leader Baba Balia also spoke at the occasion.

Source (The Hindu)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Thinker
03-02-2009, 11:27 AM
BHUBANESWAR: The Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind has come down strongly on the term Islamic terrorism now being used frequently to describe attacks in India. Terrorism is an act of inhumanity and has no religion. Islam does not permit terrorism and has always spread the message of peace and brotherhood. By using the term, the whole Muslim community is being labelled criminal.

Absolutely but how do Muslims divorce themselves from these acts when some Muslims believe the concept of umaah includes defending them or at the least not criticising them (because they are Muslim).

Uthman
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Greetings Thinker,

I hope you're well. :)
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
BHUBANESWAR: The Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind has come down strongly on the term Islamic terrorism now being used frequently to describe attacks in India. Terrorism is an act of inhumanity and has no religion. Islam does not permit terrorism and has always spread the message of peace and brotherhood. By using the term, the whole Muslim community is being labelled criminal.

Absolutely but how do Muslims divorce themselves from these acts when some Muslims believe the concept of umaah includes defending them or at the least not criticising them (because they are Muslim).
By simply declaring that acts of terrorism are haraam (forbidden), regardless of who is or is not doing it.

Regards

Thinker
03-02-2009, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Greetings Thinker,

I hope you're well. :)

Regards
And I hope you are well - thanks for the smiley greeting, that’s very kind of you..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pomak
03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
By simply declaring that acts of terrorism are haraam (forbidden), regardless of who is or is not doing it.
Nah it won't do anything. Those people will just say that the scholars who call it haram are just RIM(aka Rand muslims) and then they will carry on spilling blood.

To use an analogy, suicide is not doubted by anyone for its haramness yet people still take their lives.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.