/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Sacrilege Angers Muslims, Christians

Layla454
03-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Israeli Sacrilege Angers Muslims, Christians

By Khalid Amayreh, IOL Correspondent

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM — Muslim and Christian leaders across the occupied Palestinian lands are shocked with repeated Israeli insults of the prophets and religious sanctities.

"I don't really know when Jews will start to respect the religious sensitivities of non-Jews," the Chief religious judge of Palestine, Dr. Taysir Tamimi, told IslamOnline.net on Saturday, February 28.

"It is very shocking and very telling that Jewish religious leaders in Israel and abroad have not condemned these blasphemous acts."

Israeli media shocked millions of Muslims and Christians last week by mocking Jesus, his mother Mary and Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him).

A TV comedy skit, hosted by Israeli comedian Lior Shlein, last week depicted Jesus as being "too fat" to have walked on water and that May was not virgin.

The insult came after the host angered million of Muslims when he pointed to one of his shoes, saying "This is Muhammad."

"Muslims throughout the world have been shocked by the evil campaign waged against Islam and the Prophet (PBUH) and abuse of this shameful campaign against the sanctities with insults addressed against the Prophet and a religion followed by more than 1.5 billion Muslims," said Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, secretary general of the Organization of the Islamic Conference.

"This shameful conduct came a few days after broadcasting insulting rhetoric against Prophet Jesus and his virgin mother, Mary, peace be upon them."

Wicked, blasphemous

Salim Kubti, a lawyer representing Christian courts in Israel, said he was considering a libel suit against Channel-10, which hosted the comedy show.

"Such remarks go beyond satire and dark humor," he told IOL.

"These are serious utterances insulting the sensibilities of every Christian and anyone who possesses values and mutual respect for other religions.

"It's clear that Shlein is a failure and as a result is looking for any way to improve his ratings, and he is jumping on a sensitive issue."

The Vatican labeled the Israeli show "a vulgar and offensive act of intolerance toward the religious sentiments of the believers in Christ."

Some Christian leaders and clergymen even Pope Benedict XVI to postpone or cancel his planned visit to Israel, scheduled to take place in May.

The outcry forced outgoing Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to apologize for Pope Benedict XVI, saying the comedy segment didn't represent Israel's views.

IOL has contacted some Jewish leaders for comment, but they refused to talk.

Muslim leaders also denounced the Israeli TV show, calling it "wicked and blasphemous."

"We believe in freedom of expression, but we don't believe in freedom of vulgarity and blasphemy," Ikrema Sabri, head of the Supreme Muslim Council in Al-Quds (occupied East Jerusalem), said in the weekly Friday sermon.

"You can't insult and offend people under the pretext of freedom of expression."

He said the "apparent acquiescence" of the Israeli government to these vulgarities reflected "malice and ill-will" toward Muslims, calling on Muslims worldwide to send an "unmistakable warning" to Israel to refrain from insulting religious symbols.

Israel has a long history of showing disrespect to Muslim and Christian faiths.

In 1948, the Israeli army and paramilitary Jewish groups systematically destroyed hundreds of mosques in Palestine in an effort to obliterate the country's Arab-Islamic identity.

Mosques left intact, such as the Beir al Saba'a Mosque, were converted into bars or brothels. Others were simply left to fall into disrepair.

Shortly after the 1967 Middle East war, the chief rabbi of the Israeli army, Shlomo Gorin, urged the military to blow up Al-Aqsa Mosque, Islam's third holiest shrine, "once and for all".

In January 1984, armed Jewish extremists, led by Rabbi Moshe Levinger, one of the leaders of Gush Emunim, the Jewish settler movement, attempted to dynamite and destroy Al-Aqsa mosque.

Jewish insults of Muslim and Christian symbols became more common and audacious in recent years.

Nearly ten years ago, a Jewish immigrant from the former Soviet Union drew an offensive image depicting Prophet Muhammad as a pig writing the Qur'an.

In 2006, a Jewish couple walked into the Basilica of Annunciation Church in the Arab town of Nazareth in Israel, carrying 19 gas canisters, bottles of turpentine and kerosene, 64 firecrackers and 25 rocket-shaped fireworks.

The couple placed the fireworks and the gas canisters in a corner then poured kerosene on them, causing a fire.

Moreover, Yeshiva (Talmudic school) students have been spitting on Christian clergymen in Al-Quds and breaking their crucifixes.

Some other fanatical Jews don't hesitate to refer to Jesus as "Hitler of Bethlehem."

http://www.islamonline.net

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Izyan
03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Layla454
Israeli Sacrilege Angers Muslims, Christians

By Khalid Amayreh, IOL Correspondent

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM — Muslim and Christian leaders across the occupied Palestinian lands are shocked with repeated Israeli insults of the prophets and religious sanctities.

"I don't really know when Jews will start to respect the religious sensitivities of non-Jews," the Chief religious judge of Palestine, Dr. Taysir Tamimi, told IslamOnline.net on Saturday, February 28.

"It is very shocking and very telling that Jewish religious leaders in Israel and abroad have not condemned these blasphemous acts."

Israeli media shocked millions of Muslims and Christians last week by mocking Jesus, his mother Mary and Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him).

A TV comedy skit, hosted by Israeli comedian Lior Shlein, last week depicted Jesus as being "too fat" to have walked on water and that May was not virgin.

The insult came after the host angered million of Muslims when he pointed to one of his shoes, saying "This is Muhammad."

"Muslims throughout the world have been shocked by the evil campaign waged against Islam and the Prophet (PBUH) and abuse of this shameful campaign against the sanctities with insults addressed against the Prophet and a religion followed by more than 1.5 billion Muslims," said Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, secretary general of the Organization of the Islamic Conference.

"This shameful conduct came a few days after broadcasting insulting rhetoric against Prophet Jesus and his virgin mother, Mary, peace be upon them."

Wicked, blasphemous

Salim Kubti, a lawyer representing Christian courts in Israel, said he was considering a libel suit against Channel-10, which hosted the comedy show.

"Such remarks go beyond satire and dark humor," he told IOL.

"These are serious utterances insulting the sensibilities of every Christian and anyone who possesses values and mutual respect for other religions.

"It's clear that Shlein is a failure and as a result is looking for any way to improve his ratings, and he is jumping on a sensitive issue."

The Vatican labeled the Israeli show "a vulgar and offensive act of intolerance toward the religious sentiments of the believers in Christ."

Some Christian leaders and clergymen even Pope Benedict XVI to postpone or cancel his planned visit to Israel, scheduled to take place in May.

The outcry forced outgoing Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to apologize for Pope Benedict XVI, saying the comedy segment didn't represent Israel's views.

IOL has contacted some Jewish leaders for comment, but they refused to talk.

Muslim leaders also denounced the Israeli TV show, calling it "wicked and blasphemous."

"We believe in freedom of expression, but we don't believe in freedom of vulgarity and blasphemy," Ikrema Sabri, head of the Supreme Muslim Council in Al-Quds (occupied East Jerusalem), said in the weekly Friday sermon.

"You can't insult and offend people under the pretext of freedom of expression."

He said the "apparent acquiescence" of the Israeli government to these vulgarities reflected "malice and ill-will" toward Muslims, calling on Muslims worldwide to send an "unmistakable warning" to Israel to refrain from insulting religious symbols.

Israel has a long history of showing disrespect to Muslim and Christian faiths.

In 1948, the Israeli army and paramilitary Jewish groups systematically destroyed hundreds of mosques in Palestine in an effort to obliterate the country's Arab-Islamic identity.

Mosques left intact, such as the Beir al Saba'a Mosque, were converted into bars or brothels. Others were simply left to fall into disrepair.

Shortly after the 1967 Middle East war, the chief rabbi of the Israeli army, Shlomo Gorin, urged the military to blow up Al-Aqsa Mosque, Islam's third holiest shrine, "once and for all".

In January 1984, armed Jewish extremists, led by Rabbi Moshe Levinger, one of the leaders of Gush Emunim, the Jewish settler movement, attempted to dynamite and destroy Al-Aqsa mosque.

Jewish insults of Muslim and Christian symbols became more common and audacious in recent years.

Nearly ten years ago, a Jewish immigrant from the former Soviet Union drew an offensive image depicting Prophet Muhammad as a pig writing the Qur'an.

In 2006, a Jewish couple walked into the Basilica of Annunciation Church in the Arab town of Nazareth in Israel, carrying 19 gas canisters, bottles of turpentine and kerosene, 64 firecrackers and 25 rocket-shaped fireworks.

The couple placed the fireworks and the gas canisters in a corner then poured kerosene on them, causing a fire.

Moreover, Yeshiva (Talmudic school) students have been spitting on Christian clergymen in Al-Quds and breaking their crucifixes.

Some other fanatical Jews don't hesitate to refer to Jesus as "Hitler of Bethlehem."

http://www.islamonline.net
Is this any different that muslims saying Jesus is not the son of God? This doesn't anger me in the least. What they do don't affect my relationship with God.

AntiKarateKid
03-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Is that a serious question?

Muslims saying Jesus pbuh was one of the greatest and most righteous HUMANS who ever lived.

So please think twice before posting.

Anyways, what do we expect from people who kill the prophets?

The_Prince
03-02-2009, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
Is this any different that muslims saying Jesus is not the son of God? This doesn't anger me in the least. What they do don't affect my relationship with God.
wow, are you trying to purposely make bad points? Muslims dont go calling Jesus fat, or too fat to walk on water, etc etc, perhaps you failed to see that part in the article, the Israeli was mocking and purposely making fun of Jesus, but offcourse, you missed that part and went on to create a straw man and compare two very different things.

respectfully disagreeing with another faith is completely different than simply mocking and making fun of it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Layla454
03-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Yes it is completely different. If you love Jesus (peace be upon him), then it should concern you.

aadil77
03-02-2009, 05:26 PM
No because these are our beliefs and we hold the Prophet Isa in high respect, we are not insulting any faith by practising our beliefs

You're having real difficulty coming up with a single point

aadil77
03-02-2009, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Layla454
[B]Israel has a long history of showing disrespect to Muslim and Christian faiths.

They come into our land then destroy our mosques. Then try to destroy Al Aqsa, the day that happens it'll be the next world war and they have won't any excuses to justify it like: hamas was hiding in there, or whatever crap they come out with

Izyan
03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
How is it different? In my religion it is blasphemy to say Jesus wasn't the son of God. Skye repeatedly calls my religion pagan. How is this different?

AntiKarateKid
03-02-2009, 05:46 PM
How is it different? In my religion it is blasphemy to say Jesus wasn't the son of God. Skye repeatedly calls my religion pagan. How is this different?
Because pagan isnt inherently an insult? It is a type of religion. And the comment is backed up by proofs which you can debate if you so choose?

Try and debate with someone calling you idiot and ask for their proof LOLOL:rolleyes:

AntiKarateKid
03-02-2009, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
They come into our land then destroy our mosques. Then try to destroy Al Aqsa, the day that happens it'll be the next world war and they have won't any excuses to justify it like: hamas was hiding in there, or whatever crap they come out with
Wrong. Right from the beginning we have to be careful not to act like those greedy fools.

That land belongs to all of us. Aqsa to us. The Wall to them. The Sepulcher to the christians.

Vito
03-02-2009, 06:00 PM
www.izyan.com When you get a chance Izyan, click on the link and check it out.

I understand that it would be hard for you to oppose what Israel does, God forbid!, but you have to see how anger can be generated from such statements as those in the article. Comparing a religious belief to someones idea of a joke is in fact different, believe it or not.

Izyan
03-02-2009, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
www.izyan.com When you get a chance Izyan, click on the link and check it out.

I understand that it would be hard for you to oppose what Israel does, God forbid!, but you have to see how anger can be generated from such statements as those in the article. Comparing a religious belief to someones idea of a joke is in fact different, believe it or not.
It's not Israel it's some idiots on tv. It's like me condemning the British for The Life of Brian or anything that comes on Little Britian (I love british comedy by the way). It doesn't change my relationship with Jesus or what he means. What does getting upset accomplish?

Vito
03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
This goes beyond just this one person though. This happens so frequently over there and Israel itself doesn't seem to have a problem with it, not that I was expecting them to. I wouldn't suspect this to change any of our relationships towards our religion, thats not the point I was trying to make.

Whatsthepoint
03-02-2009, 08:10 PM
The only problem I have with the show is that it only made fun out of Jesus and Muhammad, making it look like evil Jews mocking non-Jews, which I guess wasn't what they meant. If they had thrown in Abraham or Moses, things would have appeared somehow more neutral.
Still, I think the purpose of the show was humor rather than inciting religious hatred and therefore should not be prosecuted in any way.
I do have problem with ultra orthodox Jews calling Jesus Hitler or setting churches/mosques on fire.

Amadeus85
03-02-2009, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
The only problem I have with the show is that it only made fun out of Jesus and Muhammad, making it look like evil Jews mocking non-Jews, which I guess wasn't what they meant. If they had thrown in Abraham or Moses, things would have appeared somehow more neutral.
Still, I think the purpose of the show was humor rather than inciting religious hatred and therefore should not be prosecuted in any way.
I do have problem with ultra orthodox Jews calling Jesus Hitler or setting churches/mosques on fire.
Jak się masz :D

I have read an interview with an Israeli man, and he said that the guy who made this programme is making fun of everything, including judaism, Moses and Abraham.

aamirsaab
03-02-2009, 10:35 PM
It's not Israel it's some idiots on tv. It's like me condemning the British for The Life of Brian or anything that comes on Little Britian (I love british comedy by the way). It doesn't change my relationship with Jesus or what he means. What does getting upset accomplish?
So you're perfectly fine with that guy calling Jesus too fat to walk on water and Mary not a virgin....

You know, there's this little thing in Islam called respect. I suspect both Judaism and Christianity teach that too, but it seems from your posts you seem to lack that attribute. Perhaps you should reconsider your apostacy from Islam - clearly, your current path isn't doing you any favours.

Hamayun
03-02-2009, 10:44 PM
What religion is that? I don't know of a single verse in any religious scripture where Jesus claimed to be God!!!

What blasphemy!!!^o)

Izyan
03-03-2009, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
What religion is that? I don't know of a single verse in any religious scripture where Jesus claimed to be God!!!

What blasphemy!!!^o)
John 3:16 probably the most famous scripture in the world.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Izyan
03-03-2009, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
So you're perfectly fine with that guy calling Jesus too fat to walk on water and Mary not a virgin....

You know, there's this little thing in Islam called respect. I suspect both Judaism and Christianity teach that too, but it seems from your posts you seem to lack that attribute. Perhaps you should reconsider your apostacy from Islam - clearly, your current path isn't doing you any favours.
I've reconsidered it and decided to stay an apostate. I have great respect for the Lord Jesus Christ, that's why you won't see me saying he's too fat to walk on water. What other people do don't concern me. When I stand before God I stand alone.

doorster
03-03-2009, 01:56 PM

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
are you NOT making them look like 2 separate gods now?

anhoo do you think that there is any truth in >> http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/l...h1.2.3.10.html

god incarnate in human form? >> http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/l...h1.2.3.11.html

Izyan
03-03-2009, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
are you NOT making them look like 2 separate gods now?

anhoo do you think that there is any truth in >> http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/l...h1.2.3.10.html
That's not what you asked. If you want to get into a theological debate on if christians are monothesis or not open another thread. You said you know of no religious scripture saying Jesus was God. I showed you one. Do you want another?

In Exodus God says to Moses:
"I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

This is the same Reply Jesus gives to the Jews at the temple:

48The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"

49"I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

52At this the Jews exclaimed, "Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that if anyone keeps your word, he will never taste death.

53Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?"

54Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.

55Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word.

56Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

57"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

59At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

Woodrow
03-03-2009, 02:38 PM

Except that is not Jesus(as) claiming to be God(swt) it is one of the Authers who used the name John. Most biblical Scholars agree that the book of John was written by several people using the same name.

The_Prince
03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

this is why Christianity is dead and buried in the west, they have allowed atheists and seculars to mock and make fun of their faith to the point where most people dont take it seriously, what do you expect, when you allow someone to walk all over you time and time again, no one will take you seriously. and then Christians wonder why Christianity is falling out! duhhhhh have some more honour and respect for your faith and then maybe it would be as dominant as it used to be.

The_Prince
03-03-2009, 02:50 PM

this verse is John speaking, secondly, how do you interpret son of God to mean God? you just made that up, i suggest you go learn a little about this term son of God and how it was used by most Jews and Jesus, son of God meant servant of God, not God himself.

and what is this term you made up begotten?????? this is precisely what Islam attacks, this literal interpretation you have in your Bible, calling Jesus the BEGOTTEN son of God, begotten isnt a word that is used for spirituality, its all in the physical sense, i suggest you go learn about the greek word that is used for begotten, and you will see that this word is a sexual act between man and woman when they make a baby.

The_Prince
03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
not only do most scholars agree that the gospel of John wasnt written by no disciple John, they also agree that the gospel of John is not a historical account at all, rather it is an interpretive book based on the opinions of the author!!!!!!! so whe you see Jesus talking in the Gospel of John, thats not him at all, thats an authors interpretation of how he thought Jesus was talking about.

so sorry folks, the Gospel of John is not a historical account AT ALL.

MO783
03-03-2009, 02:54 PM
:sl:

Inshallah they will be punished for what they do and say

Vito
03-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I've reconsidered it and decided to stay an apostate. I have great respect for the Lord Jesus Christ, that's why you won't see me saying he's too fat to walk on water. What other people do don't concern me. When I stand before God I stand alone.
To seclude yourself from the rest of the world and let people do as they please is probably not very Christian like, don't you think? For any religion really. If something happens, you don't just cover your ears, bend over, take it up the *** and say God will deal with them. Now I'm not saying to catch the next flight over there, but I hope you see where I'm coming from.

Izyan
03-03-2009, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
this is why Christianity is dead and buried in the west, they have allowed atheists and seculars to mock and make fun of their faith to the point where most people dont take it seriously, what do you expect, when you allow someone to walk all over you time and time again, no one will take you seriously. and then Christians wonder why Christianity is falling out! duhhhhh have some more honour and respect for your faith and then maybe it would be as dominant as it used to be.
You must not know much about the US. The Christian Right had enough clout to influence the last 3 elections (sat out the last one).

Izyan
03-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Ok you guys don't like the book of John. How about Matthew?

Matthew 17
The Transfiguration
1After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.

2There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.

3Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

4Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah."

5While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!"

6When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified.

7But Jesus came and touched them. "Get up," he said. "Don't be afraid."

8When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus.

9As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, "Don't tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead."
This was also repeated in Mark and Luke.

Izyan
03-03-2009, 05:39 PM
this verse is John speaking, secondly, how do you interpret son of God to mean God? you just made that up, i suggest you go learn a little about this term son of God and how it was used by most Jews and Jesus, son of God meant servant of God, not God himself.

and what is this term you made up begotten?????? this is precisely what Islam attacks, this literal interpretation you have in your Bible, calling Jesus the BEGOTTEN son of God, begotten isnt a word that is used for spirituality, its all in the physical sense, i suggest you go learn about the greek word that is used for begotten, and you will see that this word is a sexual act between man and woman when they make a baby.
It was a poor translation. If you want the literal translation for the original texts it's:

"For in this way God loved the world: that he gave the unique son, so that all the ones trusting in him would not perish, but have eternal life."

Izyan
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
To seclude yourself from the rest of the world and let people do as they please is probably not very Christian like, don't you think? For any religion really. If something happens, you don't just cover your ears, bend over, take it up the *** and say God will deal with them. Now I'm not saying to catch the next flight over there, but I hope you see where I'm coming from.
And people called Jesus a false messiah, a liar, a demon, amongst other things. What did he do in turn?

Whatsthepoint
03-03-2009, 06:54 PM
The opposite reaction of Muslims is the reason why they are seen as religious fanatics and terrorists who belong to the desert rather than Europe.
I don't know which way's better, but Christian certainly don't receive much attention as Muslims lately.

crayon
03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm interested, why do you have a problem with the first one?

Whatsthepoint
03-03-2009, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I'm interested, why do you have a problem with the first one?
Because they're religious fanatics that actually mean it, and they seem filled with hate, religious hate for that matter.

crayon
03-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Because they're religious fanatics that actually mean it, and they seem filled with hate, religious hate for that matter.
By "having a problem with it" do you still support their right to say/believe it?

Whatsthepoint
03-03-2009, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
By "having a problem with it" do you still support their right to say/believe it?
Yes, I do. But I think the world would be better without them. For both Israelis and Palis.

Hamayun
03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
lol I love the use of the word "begotten" :D

Its quite handy when you can just make things up as you go lol. Just add words in as and when it pleases you.

Izyan
03-03-2009, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
lol I love the use of the word "begotten" :D

Its quite handy when you can just make things up as you go lol. Just add words in as and when it pleases you.
begotten is not a made up word. It's derived from the root word beget which means to sire or produce.

Hamayun
03-03-2009, 08:47 PM
begotten is not a made up word. It's derived from the root word beget which means to sire or produce.
I know begotten is a real word. I was referring to the use of it in your scriptures. Did Jesus say he was "begotten"?

Vito
03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
And people called Jesus a false messiah, a liar, a demon, amongst other things. What did he do in turn?
He didn't care because its not his problem. Right?

Muezzin
03-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Topic! Come back, topic! We love you!

Which is to say this thread has deviated from it somewhat.

Which is to say it's close to being locked.

Which is to say there's still a chance to make things right.

The_Prince
03-04-2009, 03:32 AM
how about we make fun of the holocaust victims for these Israelis? im sure they wouldnt like that now would they.

now before ppl wanna say HEY HEY how can u compare the 2? well whats so different, Jesus was oppressed, and killed (although he wasnt killed, im just going with the view of all other none Muslims), Jesus had many of his followers killed and persecuted, i mean just go to the history books and see what the followers of Jesus had to endure. :) muaahahahahahah, yes, lets go have our freedom of speech and mock everything now shall we, yes, perfect!

Whatsthepoint
03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
how about we make fun of the holocaust victims for these Israelis? im sure they wouldnt like that now would they.

now before ppl wanna say HEY HEY how can u compare the 2? well whats so different, Jesus was oppressed, and killed (although he wasnt killed, im just going with the view of all other none Muslims), Jesus had many of his followers killed and persecuted, i mean just go to the history books and see what the followers of Jesus had to endure. :) muaahahahahahah, yes, lets go have our freedom of speech and mock everything now shall we, yes, perfect!
Sure, it should be allowed.
Two Jewish children are sitting on a roof next to a chimney. When asked what are they doing they reply: "We're waiting for our parents".

But yeah, there is a huge difference. Jesus, Mary and Muhammad are long dead people, people have periished in the holocaust 60 years ago. And they're mostly people we know nothing about, wheres Mohammad and Jesus's views are widely published, and lots of people are bound to disagree with them, so they make fund of them.

Keltoi
03-04-2009, 02:48 PM
This isn't that different from what Christians see on TV all the time in the U.S. Being thick skinned is important. It doesn't make it right or respectful, but it is the reality of free speech societies.

Gator
03-04-2009, 04:28 PM
...muaahahahahahah, yes, lets go have our freedom of speech and mock everything now shall we, yes, perfect!
Yes, I think you should have that right.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.