/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Zeal Alone Is Not Enough (beware of TAKFIR)

Trn2allah
03-02-2009, 09:14 PM
ByShaykh Abdullah Azzam

"By Allah, one of the youth came to me, and he would always visit me. He loved me, and he was Jordanian. He took Shukri Mustafa as a leader, and became fascinated by his ideas. I never saw a youth holding onto his faith as tightly as this one. He was a pharmacy student, and he would sometimes come to break his fast with me in Cairo.

One day, after he met Shukri Mustafa, he came to visit me. He started to speak, and I began to enter into a discussion with him. Suddenly, it was time to pray. I noticed that he was reluctant to pray behind me, so, I said to him: "Please, lead us in the prayer." So, he stepped forward and led us. Afterwards, everytime I would step forward to lead the prayer, he would say that he was travelling (so that he would lead, instead). So, I asked him, in a straightforward manner, "What do you think of me?"

He asked: "Do you want me to be frank with you?"

I said: "Yes, be frank."

He said: "I consider you to be a disbeliever."

I asked: "Why, son? What is the issue?"

He replied: "You are from the Ikhwan al-Muslimin."

I said: "OK."

He went on: "Everyone in the Ikhwan al-Muslimin is a disbeliever."

I asked: "Why?"

He said: "Because they do not make takfir of al-Hudaybi, the disbeliever[*]."

Imagine! With such ease! I said to him: "Come, let me tell you: ash-Shafi'i and Ahmad bin Hambal differed over the disbelief of the one who abandons the prayer out of laziness. ash-Shafi'i said that he is not a disbeliever, and Ahmad said he is a disbeliever, and then they debated over it, with none of them declaring the other to be a disbeliever."

Subhan Allah! Because of his extreme zeal and emotion, he said to me, in his exact words: "If I was present, and had debated ash-Shafi'i, and he had refused to make takfir, I would have declared ash-Shafi'i to be a disbeliever."

I said: "There is no might nor power except with Allah. We are finished. Get out of here. If it has gotten to this point, then we are finished."

And yes, he eventually became entagled with Shukri Mustafa, and received a fifteen-year sentence, and he is still in jail until now. They, because of their lack of knowledge, are simply youth with much zeal, and the hearts of these youth were made to follow their desires."

['Fi Dhilal Surat at-Tawbah'; p. 104]
[*] al-Hudaybi (may Allah have Mercy on him) was a scholar from the Ikhwan who was arrested by 'Abd an-Nasir. Although he himself considered 'Abd an-Nasir to be a disbeliever, when he was being tortured in prison, and was asked if 'Abd an-Nasir was a disbeliever, he would reply: "What would we gain if we did or didn't declare him to be a disbeliever?" - saying this out wisdom, in order to avoid having anything ****ing recorded against him by his own tongue. So, Shukri's group made takfir of al-Hudaybi because of the answer he gave, which didn't contain explicit takfir of 'Abd an-Nasir. They then went even farther, declaring the Ikhwan to be kuffar for not making takfir of al-Hudaybi.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musaafirah
03-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Sorry, but what does takfir mean?

Trn2allah
03-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Time Magazine described Shaykh Abdullah Azzam as the man who was the 'reviver of Jihad in the 20th Century'.

Abdullah Yusuf Azzam was born in the village of Ass-ba'ah Al-Hartiyeh, province of Jineeen in the occupied sacred land of Palestine in 1941 CE. He was brought up in a humble house where he was taught Islam, and was fed with the love of Allah, His Messenger (saw), those striving in the Way of Allah, the righteous people and the desire for the Hereafter.

Sheikh Abdullah Azzam was one of the first Arabs to join the Afghan Jihad against the communist USSR in 1979, when he learned about the Afghan Jihad, he left his teaching position at King Abdul-Aziz University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and went to Islamabad, Pakistan, in order to be able to participate in the Jihad. He was a fine example of Islamic manners, in his piety, his devotion to Allah and his modesty in all things. He would never adulate in his relations with others.

Shaykh Azzam always listened to the youth and he was dignified. He practised continual fasting especially the alternate daily fasting routine of Prophet Dawud (as). He strongly counselled others to practice fasting on Mondays and Thursdays. The Shaykh was a man of uprightness, honesty and virtue, and was never heard to slander others or to talk unpleasently about an individual.

On 24 November 1989 three bombs were planted on a road so narrow only a single car could travel on it. It was the road Shaykh Abdullah Azzam would use to drive to the Friday Prayer. That Friday, the Shaykh together with two of his own sons, Ibrahim and Muhammad, and with one of the sons of the late Shaykh Tameem Adnani drove along the road. The car stopped at the position of the first bomb, and the Sheikh alighted to walk the remainder of the way. The attackers lying in wait, then exploded the bomb. A loud explosion and a great thundering were heard all over the city. People emerged from the mosque, and beheld a terrible scene. Only a small fragment of the car remained. The young son Ibrahim flew 100 metres into the air; the other two youths were thrown a similar distance away, and their remains were scattered among the trees and power lines. As for Shaykh Abdullah Azzam himself, his body was found resting against a wall, totally intact and not at all disfigured, except that some blood was seen issuing from his mouth.

Shaykh Abdullah Azzam himself once said, " Indeed Islamic history is not written except with the blood of the Shuhadaa', except with the stories of the Shuhadaa' and except with the examples of the Shuhadaa'. "

Subhaanallah!!

doorster
03-02-2009, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafirah
when they call one another kafir
or
takfir or takfeer (تكفير) is the practice of declaring unbeliever or kafir, an individual or a group previously known as Muslim
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trn2allah
03-02-2009, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafirah
Takfir means to declare someone a Kaafir.

Its not straight forward either there are many conditions.

Learn about extremism in TAKFIR http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Bewa...20Al-Misri.pdf

Its not HARAM to make TAkFIR but one must be very careful and try to leave it to the scholars

Musaafirah
03-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Jazakallah for the explanation.
EDIT: I thought we didn't have the right to declare someone as being a disbeliever?

Trn2allah
03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Imaan is not just whats in the heart, Imaan is outward actions aswel as inner beliefs.

Trn2allah
03-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Interesting Article regarding Takfir

http://salafiyyah-jadeedah.tripod.co..._has_right.htm

By Shaykh 'Ali bin Khudayr al-Khudayr

doorster
03-02-2009, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trn2allah
Interesting Article regarding Takfir

http://*****iyya****.com/***Takfeer/Who_has_right.htm

By Shaykh 'Ali bin Khudayr al-Khudayr
do you think what he said is correct? and if so does it not get contradicted by any part of your first post?

Trn2allah
03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
do you think what he posted is correct? and if so does it not get contradicted by any part of your first post?
Na'am akhee, I do agree with this answer of Shaykh Khudayr Maa shaa Allah.

"the normal person who knows the principles of takfeer and its obstacles"

If one knows the conditions then why not....

This sounds like a contradiction but in actual fact this is just a reiteration of the point mentioned in the orignal post. Zeal is not enough, knowledge of the conditions ie "the principles of takfeer and its obstacles" must also be acquired before one can make such declarations and Allah SWT knows best.

May Allah Azza Wa Jal guide us all to the straight path....

Aameen

doorster
03-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Na'am akhee, I do agree with this answer of Shaykh Khudayr Maa shaa Allah.

"the normal person who knows the principles of takfeer and its obstacles"

If one knows the conditions then why not....

This sounds like a contradiction but in actual fact this is just a reiteration of the point mentioned in the orignal post. Zeal is not enough, knowledge of the conditions ie "the principles of takfeer and its obstacles" must also be acquired before one can make such declarations and Allah SWT knows best.

May Allah Azza Wa Jal guide us all to the straight path....

Aameen
jazakAllah khair but do you also know that this man can not make up his mind, about 6 years ago he and his cohorts were pronouncing takaafir left right and center then something happened which forced him to go on Saudi TV to apologise and take it back in front of millions of people. you can read in back copies of ain al yaqeen, a Saudi Arabian National Politics & Government Magazine if you do not believe me

Trn2allah
03-03-2009, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
jazakAllah khair but do you also know that this man can not make up his mind, about 6 years ago he and his cohorts were pronouncing takaafir left right and center then something happened which forced him to go on Saudi TV to apologise and take most of them back in front of millions of people. you can read in back copies of ain al yaqeen Saudi Arabia National Politics & Government Magazine if you do not believe me

The hypocritical Saudi Regime forced him to withdraw his Takfir against Turki Al Hamad. (check out some of Turki brain's statements which he is yet to publicly retract) May Allah hasten the Shaykh's release

May Allah guide us All to the Straight Path

Aameen

doorster
03-03-2009, 01:15 AM
The hypocritical Saudi Regime forced him to withdraw his Takfir against Turki Al Hamad. (check out some of Turki brain's statements which he is yet to publicly retract) May Allah hasten the Shaykh's release

Aameen
The hypocritical Saudi Regime
from what little I know about him, I gather that he does not like them
Saudi Regime forced him to withdraw his Takfir
does that not speak volumes about the character of this man to anyone who can think?
Turki Al Hamad
I like him (but I do not like or read any novels by anyone including him)!
check out some of Turki brain's statements which he is yet to publicly retract
you mean like writing that something is wrong with our psyche?

It is an illusion when we think that all the world is against us, and an illusion when we think that there will not be any existence for us without the perishing of the others. It is illusion when we have either to get the best for ourselves or (otherwise) we have to die.

According to this logic if we were thirsty either we possess all the rain or let the rain be stopped.

It is also an illusion if we think that (dwelling on) the past is the route to the future (success) and it is illusion if we think that the world without us will not be able to survive; for this reason (our demented delusions) they (west) compete against each other to exploit us like hyenas struggling for their prey. The biggest illusion is that we are Allah's angels on His land and all the rest of the (people of) world are shayatin
I loved it!!!
oh cant describe to you how much I crave that

Trn2allah
03-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Allah knows best brother.

I love you for his sake inshaAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.