/* */

PDA

View Full Version : prayer mats

Ummu Sufyaan
03-03-2009, 11:12 AM
:sl:
why do people pray on mats. i know it sounds like a dumb qn, but i don't get the logic behind it. i get if say the ground is too hard, or if your praying outdoors, or something, but why do people insist on using them inside? i mean the grounds clean and all, so why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
saba muslimah
03-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Ahan nice but unlogical Qn...??!

well bcoz Prayer mat is clean then other Surface for prayer in mosque...n muslims perform prayer in a que(SAF) bcoz of Prayer mat they stand together with a small distance B/w each person... hhmm
i think dat is above main reson..!

~Taalibah~
03-03-2009, 01:07 PM
If there comes a reason or necessity to read Salaah outside and there is grass then we do read on it if we have nothing else.
Reading Salaah on a mat always is safer as of fear of any naapaaki (uncleanliness) being around.

Hope that helps explain:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.