/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allah really does know best!

Revert to Peace
03-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Some trials and tribulations of a new Muslim can be frustrating, for me, coming across other converts/reverts has also proved, until recently, elusive. However, as one door opens, alhamdulillah, so does another.

I recently attended an introduction to Islamic Counselling at an east London institute. Alhamdulillah, everyone was friendly and supportive to this new Muslim, and the only convert present. You may imagine and you would be right that I was somewhat concerned that my knowledge of the Qur'an would not be enough compared to everyone else however I listened to my peers and soaked up the ayas and surahs that were being said. The result of this 3 day course. Perhaps Allah swt has blessed me with counselling skills but I know, and I'm realistic that I have 42 years of Qur'anic knowledge, compared to my born Muslim sisters and brothers, to catch up on and that's not an easy task. Alhamdulillah, it was a very interesting and inspiring event.

As I left, I decided to look around a bit and to my surprise the centre holds, every Saturday, a 3 hour session for new muslims! Walahi.. recently I was somewhat despondent that I felt so isolated but alhamdulillah.. Allahu alim. Sabr sabr and more sabr until our time is right for what Allah swt feels we are ready for. So insha'Allah I will have an opportunity to go and insha'Allah meet other reverts. Also, just recently, I have a new contact with a Sister that doesn't live far from me, a German revert.

So, sabr really does pay off. Keep praising Allah swt, keep asking in du'a, and we will be rewarded, insha'Allah.

Wa salam

Fi Aman Allah

:muslimah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AntiKarateKid
03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert to Peace

Some trials and tribulations of a new Muslim can be frustrating, for me, coming across other converts/reverts has also proved, until recently, elusive. However, as one door opens, alhamdulillah, so does another.

I recently attended an introduction to Islamic Counselling at an east London institute. Alhamdulillah, everyone was friendly and supportive to this new Muslim, and the only convert present. You may imagine and you would be right that I was somewhat concerned that my knowledge of the Qur'an would not be enough compared to everyone else however I listened to my peers and soaked up the ayas and surahs that were being said. The result of this 3 day course. Perhaps Allah swt has blessed me with counselling skills but I know, and I'm realistic that I have 42 years of Qur'anic knowledge, compared to my born Muslim sisters and brothers, to catch up on and that's not an easy task. Alhamdulillah, it was a very interesting and inspiring event.

As I left, I decided to look around a bit and to my surprise the centre holds, every Saturday, a 3 hour session for new muslims! Walahi.. recently I was somewhat despondent that I felt so isolated but alhamdulillah.. Allahu alim. Sabr sabr and more sabr until our time is right for what Allah swt feels we are ready for. So insha'Allah I will have an opportunity to go and insha'Allah meet other reverts. Also, just recently, I have a new contact with a Sister that doesn't live far from me, a German revert.

So, sabr really does pay off. Keep praising Allah swt, keep asking in du'a, and we will be rewarded, insha'Allah.

Wa salam

Fi Aman Allah

Awesome. I love meeting converts. Their newfound zeal often serves as a reminder for people like me who were born Muslim to clean up our acts!

Eric H
03-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Revert to Peace;

You seem to have found a great faith to start you on your life’s journey, not only that you have done something very few people can do. You have influenced Antikaratekid to clean up his act, awesome !!!!!

In the spirit of growing in faith for life's journey

Eric

coddles76
03-10-2009, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert to Peace

Wa salam

Fi Aman Allah

Thankyou for the note Sister and may Allah SWT reward you.
I am also a very true believer that if your intentions and heart is there Allah SWT will make things easier for you and help you on your way to guidance. You just have to put the effort and do your part then Allah SWT will do the rest.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tresbien
03-10-2009, 04:53 PM
MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU.I ask you my sister to pray for me.Allah is pleased with you and the prayers of new convert is answered.I ask u by ALLAHJ and all who reads to pray for me to be granted a good hearing , good sight and cure me and increase my imane and provision.May ALLAh cure our bodies, hearts and protect us from the blazing fire, May allah increase our provision and forgive our sins and have mercy on us and the dead muslims amine.May allah guide our sisters and brothers and may allah cure our parents and grant them satisfaction and mercy.astagfirou allah lidanibi wa limouminina wa mouminate.Do not forget to send blessing upon our prophet and celebrate the remembrance of ALLAH.

Time
03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Welcome my sister :)

Walaikum As Salam

AnonymousPoster
04-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Asalamualaikum w. w.

Im sorry this may not be relavant on this thread but ( newbie excuse! ) i can't seem to figure out the directions of where/ how to post.

i stumbled across this site and the title of your post caught my eye...
id been feeling somewhat lost lately and have Alhumdulilah started to feel okayish again ...the title for me was very touching and hope giving.

Anyway it occured to me after a while... i think i may have attended the same course you mention...was it on the 28th of feb?
im not comfortable revealing my identity now and the same may be for you, so if it was the same course and you are who i assume, i will understand if you choose not to respond to this.
However i just wanted to say sister ...you are worried about catching up on knowledge when theres really no need to be... the zeal and the spirit which seems apparent in you is what knowledge is suppose to help you attain..you are fortunate to have it without the years you are trying to make up for...you may just need to put the icing on the cake ( the technicalities) where as many of us born in to islam have yet to aquire the ingredients!
wasalam

Yanal
04-28-2009, 04:08 AM
MashAllah you are very fortunate to have a Islamic community that meet every so often. Just to remind you brother speaking to an unknown sister is fitnah and that is haaram.
I know you didn't know but stay here and ask your questions to avoid fitnah.

Hope you stay in the right path and continue to pray constantly and be in the beat of iman hopefully like the rest. The who that aren't may Allah give them encouragment and give them the deen they need and iman to pray. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.