/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question to Far Eastern people here...

Danah
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
:sl:

From what I know, is that people in far east like Malaysia, Japan, Singapore.....etc used to bow for the elders in certain events like Eid or something like that.

I remember talking with me Singaporean Professor about that, he is a muslim and I asked him how they do this when in Islam people bow only for Allah

he answered that this is something traditional and have been practiced for hundred of years and people look at it like as a kind of respecting the elders!!! not as a kind of worshiping

but I did not get satisfied by that answer ^o)

would like to hear our far eastern members here.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
03-05-2009, 08:41 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

north_malaysian
03-05-2009, 08:47 AM
On Eid, Malays do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvczD...eature=related

north_malaysian
03-05-2009, 08:56 AM
On Eid, Malays do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4SS...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvczD...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztsta...eature=related

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
03-05-2009, 11:41 AM
thanks brother for those videos, it corrected my views actually....may be its different among muslims in Malaysia Wallah A'alm....since its a Muslim Country, but what about muslims in the other countries like Singapore, Japan, china........I dunno, does anyone have any idea about that?

Do muslims there still follow such traditions?

north_malaysian
03-05-2009, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
thanks brother for those videos, it corrected my views actually....may be its different among muslims in Malaysia Wallah A'alm....since its a Muslim Country, but what about muslims in the other countries like Singapore, Japan, china........I dunno, does anyone have any idea about that?

Do muslims there still follow such traditions?
in Singapore maybe.... dunno about China and JApan

and yeah... Muslims in Malaysia still do that

Güven
03-05-2009, 01:07 PM

thats almost similar how the Turks doing it , Kissing the hand of an elder and put it on the forehead.

north_malaysian
03-05-2009, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
thats almost similar how the Turks doing it , Kissing the hand of an elder and put it on the forehead.
yupp.... I've seen a Turkish movie years ago... and when the son did that to his mother... I was like... hey, that's similar to Malaysians..:D

Do the Turks kiss the hand? Actually, we just touch our noses on the hand .. no kissing...

Do you know that the last clip (the cartoon) was translated into Turkish and shown on a Turkish tv station...

Danah
03-05-2009, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
in Singapore maybe.... dunno about China and JApan

and yeah... Muslims in Malaysia still do that
wait what do you mean by yeah they still do that? the kissing hand or the bowing?

north_malaysian
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
wait what do you mean by yeah they still do that? the kissing hand or the bowing?
kissing hand.. a must on Eid...

Usually, the children would confess to all mistakes done to the parents for the whole year and ask forgiveness from the parents on Eid Al Fitr

Danah
03-05-2009, 01:25 PM
^ oh okay got it now.....thanks

and about confessing to all mistakes done by children is rly nice thing to do :)

about my original question, I think I need a Japanese or a Singaporean person to answer it

north_malaysian
03-05-2009, 01:31 PM
and about confessing to all mistakes done by children is rly nice thing to do :)
Why the kids confessed?

1) In Eid, if a person ask for forgiveness, you must apologise him/her.. it's a must
2) Kids get Eid Money after doing that from the parents

about my original question, I think I need a Japanese or a Singaporean person to answer it
you have to wait for them then...:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.