/* */

PDA

View Full Version : doing dawah by email

innocent
03-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Can I do dawah by email? Just use it as a signature so that every email I send has it at the end.
But what should I put in it?
Please can someone advise?
Jazakallah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
innocent
03-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Helloooo? Is there no-one who can help me with at all?

$tranger
03-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Dnt see y u have the need to :-\ there must be people that u can do 'face-face' dawah. Besides, emails seriously annoy some ppl incudin me.

Choose carefully who you send them to, and send that stuff which u have knowledge of

Ummu Sufyaan
03-30-2009, 07:08 AM
:sl:
lol
But what should I put in it?
well it depends on what you want to call people to...maybe a link to a site or something? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
03-30-2009, 07:39 AM
you couold put Surah Al-Ikhlas in it. you can also use automatic reply so whenever someone emails you, they get a message containing something about Islam.

- Qatada -
05-02-2009, 09:04 AM
asalam alykum

Its a gud idea. Some ppl link to a link like IslamReligion.com.

amna_mirza
05-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Most people find it annoying though. Thus I suggest not putting anything that is too in their face. Put something that most people could relate to in their everyday lives. Then again that is different for different people

IAmZamzam
08-26-2009, 03:07 AM
I'm primarily an internet da'i myself. I have done some dawah through e-mails, and succeeded a time or two: convinced an atheist to believe in God, and convinced a Mormon to sort of revert, though he had trouble giving up his Mormonism and not practicing both at once. So it can work. It may not be best to do it in such a potentially time-consuming way.

Muhaba
08-26-2009, 10:02 AM
dawah should definately be done online, esp by ppl living in places that restrict freedom of speech or ppl living in a Muslim country who want to do dawah to nonmuslims.

there are lots of ways. i like the signature and automatic reply. With automatic reply, you can send an email to some company, educational institute, etc or to some nonmuslim friend and when they reply back to you, they get the dawah message. So that way you can do dawah without spamming. If you just email lots of ppl with a message of Islam, it becomes spamming and they can get annoyed. But if you email them first, like "can you tell me about blah blah blah" or "hey! how's it goin, guess what we did over the weekend. blah blah blah" and when they reply they get the automatic reply message about Islam, you do dawah without spamming.

Also you may not be able to tell someone directly about islam, becuase lots of ppl don't want to listen to preaching, but if they get an automatic reply with something about Islam, they may read it & not get mad at you for sending it to them. They won't be able to say,"I don't want to talk about Islam." Of course they may not read it at all when they see it's about Islam, so in that case you can use tact, like include some verses or hadith and only at the end write that it's from Islam. I like to use the verses from Surah Al-Isra to introduce Islam to ppl. I'm hopefule ppl reading them will become impressed & curious about Islam.

Another thing would be to quote some ayah or hadith in an email advertisement (like the ads in yahoo mail) that ppl can click on and reach some islamic website. But Yahoo ads are quite expensive.

- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Do a Hadith/Qur'an verse in your signature, and change it every other 2 weeks. This way it will increase everyone's knowledge and they will learn more about Islaam, as well as yourself.

IAmZamzam
08-27-2009, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
i like the signature and automatic reply. With automatic reply, you can send an email to some company, educational institute, etc or to some nonmuslim friend and when they reply back to you, they get the dawah message. So that way you can do dawah without spamming. If you just email lots of ppl with a message of Islam, it becomes spamming and they can get annoyed. But if you email them first, like "can you tell me about blah blah blah" or "hey! how's it goin, guess what we did over the weekend. blah blah blah" and when they reply they get the automatic reply message about Islam, you do dawah without spamming.
I don't know. That sounds to me like it's at the very least scratching the surface of spamming.

Also you may not be able to tell someone directly about islam, becuase lots of ppl don't want to listen to preaching, but if they get an automatic reply with something about Islam, they may read it & not get mad at you for sending it to them. They won't be able to say,"I don't want to talk about Islam."
My policy is to ask people's permission to give them dawah. Unwelcome attempts at conversion to any religion always come across as obnoxious, and usually rightfully so. Asking if you may carries the double advantage of respecting the other person and helping to gain their respect as well.

cat eyes
08-27-2009, 11:26 PM
doing dawah through email is rewarding for people who are bit shy to do face to face.. Allah knows

hrm
08-28-2009, 06:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman

My policy is to ask people's permission to give them dawah. Unwelcome attempts at conversion to any religion always come across as obnoxious, and usually rightfully so. Asking if you may carries the double advantage of respecting the other person and helping to gain their respect as well.
:sl::statisfie
Very nicely put. That's the essence of humility and respect for others.

Muhaba
08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Is that the way the Prophet (SAW) and his companions did it? did they ask for ppl's permission when they wanted to preach to them?

Misz_Muslimah
08-28-2009, 11:58 AM
87. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Be prompt in doing good deeds (before you are overtaken) by turbulence which would be like a part of the dark night. A man would be a believer in the morning and turn to disbelief in the evening, or he would be a believer in the evening and turn disbeliever in the morning, and would sell his Faith for worldly goods.''
[Muslim].

118. Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When you get up in the morning, charity is due from every one of your joints. There is charity in every ascription of glory to Allah; there is charity in every declaration of His Greatness; there is charity in every utterance of praise of Him; there is charity in every declaration that He is the only true God (worthy of worship); there is charity in enjoining good; there is charity in forbidding evil. Two Rak`ah of Duha (Forenoon prayer) is equal to all this (in reward)".
[Muslim].

hrm
08-28-2009, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
Is that the way the Prophet (SAW) and his companions did it? did they ask for ppl's permission when they wanted to preach to them?
:sl::statisfie
True. Preaching dawah is one of the most rewarding experience but there is a time and place for everything including Dawah. The times have changed and so is the approach and methods of doing dawah. Please read the following logical arguments.

Situation #1 I have just reached home after spending grueling time with my boss at the office for 10 hours. I have been shouted at and humiliated by the boss and have reached home in a bad mood. Now am having dinner with my family and trying to relax in peace and someone comes knocking at my door calling for dawah. My first reaction would be anger then I would tell them sorry I can't listen to you right now. They would leave and without informing me they come back when I want to go to bed. I tell them come on this and that date when I am off from work and would sit down and listen to what you have to say. Now under these circumstances what would be there reaction? Not good I suppose. Also my impression of them would be untimely and uninvited guests.

Situation # 2 I am sitting in a mosque or a place of worship and doing Hamd ( Tasbih or thikr ) of Allah and am so engrossed in it that I feel Allah is so close to me and He is listening to me . Next moment a group of people who wants to do dawah, without considering the fact that I am doing thikr of Allah, approach me and intervene and disturb my chain of thoughts and my closeness to Allah is gone in an instant. Now under these circumstances would I kiss their hands or would I be angry with them?

Situation # 3 In a way, TV, internet and radio has made the life of an ordinary muslim easy . Now I can get dawah cassettes and video of my favorite aalim or preacher and play it at my convenience and when I believe I can concentrate better. e.g. I have seen and listented to Ahmed Deedad speaches and one on one confrontations with the Christians on DVD and cassattes and through websites and Alhumduallah they have benefited me a lot. Zakir Naik, an indian gentleman, has a website and also a channel called PEACE. I can check it out anytime, at my convenience and I really enjoy listening to him. Yousaf Estee is another one whom I love to listen and see on the TV. But all of them out of sheer respect for the religion of Islam and to gain knowledge. No one is forcing me to watch them, I do it because I want to.

Situation #4 At the same time if some preacher or an islamic website send me dawah emails at the rate of 10-20 per day, I would really be frustrated and would just click the button at the top called " SPAM". This is called unsolicited emails and I would not only be unwilling to open them for fear of spread of virus on my drive but I would not consider it proper way of doing dawah.

In conclusion, I believe, ( anyone can differ) no one should be forced to listen to anyone or to be called to dawah without seeking prior permission from the person to being preached. Would you force someone in Islam when Allah has been outright explicit . Surah Bakarah aya 256 La Akraha Fid Deen - There is no compulsion in religion (of islam). To the best of my knowledge this would mean (cannot force anyone to accept islam as his religion and cannot force those who are inside the fold of islam to accept any fiqa or mathab's religious indoctrination)
WalAllaho Alam
May Allah increase all muslameen and musleemats in knowledge and Hikmah. Aameen
:wa: :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.