/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tears for Sudan and Dafur

Grace Seeker
03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
The story of atrocities in Sudan just keep getting more and more horrible. It makes me wonder if those who are in authority are people or animals. No, they cannot be animals, for no animal behaves like this. Story here: 'They told me to kill, to rape children'

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
03-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Mr Bashir won't be conducting amny diplomatic visits now.

Eric H
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Grace Seeker;

Horrific, I cannot comprehend mans inhumanity to man or woman or child.

In the spirit of praying justice for the oppressed

Eric

Qingu
03-06-2009, 03:36 AM
The UN put out a warrant for President Bashir's arrest on war crimes charges.

Predictably, he is defiant, claiming that the U.N. is trying to "colonize" Sudan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/wo...udan.html?_r=1

I'm curious to see what Muslims on this forum have to say about this. If the U.N. does end up intervening in Sudan to try to stop the genocide, would Muslims support it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
03-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I think the lack of any significant U.N. intervention in Darfur up to this point is unforgivable. After Rwanda the phrase of the day was "never again", but it appears words are just words.

Pomak
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM
It works a bit like this.

Moral authority mean you can go and suggest/actually do something about things you view as wrong. US/West at the moment has none.

Whatsthepoint
03-08-2009, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pomak
It works a bit like this.

Moral authority mean you can go and suggest/actually do something about things you view as wrong. US/West at the moment has none.
The ICJ is an international organization.

Pomak
03-09-2009, 04:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
The ICJ is an international organization.
Yeah when white non slavic people are brought before it, then i'll believe it.

Dawud_uk
03-09-2009, 05:03 AM
you have a point, could anyone seriously see bush being brought to trial? anyone doubt he should be?

the problems in dafur are a little complicated, but this is how it was explained to me from a brother whose wife is from there...

you have 'african' tribes who are farming the land, and 'arab' tribes who are semi nomadic herdsman, the inverted commas are because both words have no meaning as both are black and both sets of tribes will speak arabic and the local dialects.

but the arab nationalist government, believing in all this nationalistic crap that is totally against islam gives special privilages to arabs and the africans get less, which is an injustice.

this situation was further complicated by a huge brought that has forced more competition for the land and a fight between 'african' farmers and 'arab' nomads as the nomads to save their herds are forcing them into land they previously never used and so threatening the farming tribes food supplies.

the arab tribes therefore organised various uprisings and fighting back to get their land and work against the racist policies of the government, some in risen in the name of islam, others in the name of african nationalism. this being as dumb as arab nationalism but this is their land after all, da-fur, fur being the main local tribe and da meaning place so literally place of the fur tribe.

the government feeling itself now under threat from these rebels and being racists in the first place, sides with the 'arab' tribesmen and start aiding them.

and finally another big complication... potential massive mineral reserves under dafur including enough uranium to keep the wests nuclear power plants running for several more decades.

Whatsthepoint
03-09-2009, 01:55 PM
The problem is that very few white non slavic individuals have commited crimes against humanity.
I'm slavic btw.

Pomak
03-09-2009, 02:10 PM
The problem is that very few white non slavic individuals have commited crimes against humanity.
I'm slavic btw.
So am i.
So erm, do tell how no one in or affiliated with the last US administration is guilty of war crimes? (alternatively the conduct of the 06 war would also have a case to answer).

fact is that the court works only when the political wind blows the right way. For example unless the Serbs wanted to get into the EU, they would not have handed over anyone.

Whatsthepoint
03-09-2009, 02:22 PM
So am i.
So erm, do tell how no one in or affiliated with the last US administration is guilty of war crimes? (alternatively the conduct of the 06 war would also have a case to answer).

fact is that the court works only when the political wind blows the right way. For example unless the Serbs wanted to get into the EU, they would not have handed over anyone.
Bulgarian right?
The court has no power on itself, it needs other parties to put pressure on the countries in question. Who's gonna pressure the US?
But the main point is there's a difference between say Yugoslav wars and say war in Iraq. The first one was an inentional gencoide supported by several major politicans, Iraq was a badly planned conflict based on non-existent evidence. I guess the latershould be enough to incite someone..
Darfur is a genocide too.
Let me rephrase my earlier psot. Not many non slavic white individuals have comitted a genocide since the formation of the ICJ.

Cabdullahi
03-09-2009, 03:27 PM
what about robert mugabe?? he's black and i am sure he has ordered some sort of mass killings but unfortunately Zimbabwe have diddley squat when it comes to petroleum so no one will push for his arrest, Sudan looks more lip lickingly delicious, its got more resources, its ridiculous even hollywood stars like the brainless mia farrow has done her share of spreading disinformation and propaganda as an ambassador
if bashir has done something then he should be brought to justice simple as BUT robert mugabe should be next and the caucasian fella's

Al-Zaara
03-09-2009, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I think the lack of any significant U.N. intervention in Darfur up to this point is unforgivable. After Rwanda the phrase of the day was "never again", but it appears words are just words.
"Never again" is a phrase that should be thrown out of the window. It always seems to happen again.

Danah
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I just could not continue reading when I reached to some points.....so awful
all of what I can say is May Allah save people there in Dafur from that miserable life the live

Muezzin
03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
No race or religion has a monopoly on monsters.

Whatsthepoint
03-09-2009, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
what about robert mugabe?? he's black and i am sure he has ordered some sort of mass killings but unfortunately Zimbabwe have diddley squat when it comes to petroleum so no one will push for his arrest, Sudan looks more lip lickingly delicious, its got more resources, its ridiculous even hollywood stars like the brainless mia farrow has done her share of spreading disinformation and propaganda as an ambassador
if bashir has done something then he should be brought to justice simple as BUT robert mugabe should be next and the caucasian fella's
The court should be given enough jurisdiction as to be able to apprehend anyone, including former or incumbent heads of states.
This could cause a war though.

Pomak
03-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Bulgarian right?
The court has no power on itself, it needs other parties to put pressure on the countries in question. Who's gonna pressure the US?
But the main point is there's a difference between say Yugoslav wars and say war in Iraq. The first one was an inentional gencoide supported by several major politicans, Iraq was a badly planned conflict based on non-existent evidence. I guess the latershould be enough to incite someone..
Darfur is a genocide too.
Let me rephrase my earlier psot. Not many non slavic white individuals have comitted a genocide since the formation of the ICJ.
Da.

Aggressive war, (Nuremberg laws) is something that they be charged with.

PS. I'd like to see Russians stand trial for the conduct in the 1st Chechen war.

Also my reference to 06 war was to the 2006 Lebanon war, where most people admit that in the last 2 days of the war the IDF launched 1-2 million bomblets (from cluster bombs) for what seems to have been, only for the purpose of harming civilians.

(also chemical weapons have been used by Israel, and US against civilians in the last 5 years)

The reason i have real trouble believing in this, is that well because things like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot happened. And no one lifted a finger, in fact one could say that at one point the west(aka USA) was supporting people who had killed 26% of their population.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.