/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When I see what the world coming to..

anonymous
03-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Sub7an'Allah it saddens me greatly, I mean, really, it tears me APART.

When I see the way our muslim bros and sis behave, even some of my very own friends, and how their Deen seems to play less and less of a role in their lives...and how their getting attached to this Dunya, it hurts.

This life is but a test and we will all be accountable for our OWN actions in the end, so I don't know why I burden my heart when I think of others... im not perfect I know that, but at least I try.

When I see people who truly understand the Deen(and I mean, UNDERSTAND it, like, know haddiths, understand the concepts and the meaning behind rules, and not just: ok.I can'd do this.) and listen to Islamic lectures and have some good influence around them...I mean, the things you'd hear these people say, you'd believe that they understand Islam IN THEIR HEARTS...

yet they don't practice it. Sub7an'Allah it confuses me. Really, I don't get it. Is it because their present desires overule their conscious?

I talked to many people IF they want to listen, if they come to me, or if I see that they are in the wrong path and open to help...I try to help them and out not judge...because that, Allah (swt) will do...

some people I talk to then, whatever they do,its up to them,others,
, I stay next to them, hoping I can be a good influence...

but when I see them do the same errors over and over, I can't help but feel frustrated/angered/upset...not because I feel like I wasted my time but because I KNOW that this Dunya will come to an end for all of us some day...and I am saddened by their behavior, for Islam is the most beautiful thing and with knowledge(and being born muslims) they do not embrace it..

people believe I care too much and ask me why. I can't help it. I am at the point where I don't even care anymore and only say Du'3a for them and closed my door to them, being truly annoyed by their actions. If they come to me I honestly won't feel like helping them( some of themhave lied straight to my face about their actions and that angered me; why lie? i won't judge. Who am I to judge?)I don't have much patience and that's a fault of mine.

Is this the right thing to do? Should I ignore the stories of their actions and despite it all, be there for them, or is Du'3a sufficient? Have any of you ever felt this way, and if so, what did you do?

...*sigh* What is the world coming to?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
03-06-2009, 03:14 PM
:salamext:

Anon #2

Yeh I have felt this way, and all we can do is advise them what wrong is right, once, and then the rest is up to them. We will go in our own graves and they will go in their own graves. We have to answer for our own actions, they ahve to answer for their own actions.

All we can do is advise and make dua, the rest is really up to them.

Plus we ourselves aren't perfect, InshaAllaah left us think about thta before looking at other people#s faults. And I'm not just saying this to the Thread Starter, but it is a reminder for myself firstmost. Allah alone knows how good/bad everyone is, so InshaAllaah let us just live in this world like a traveller.

:wasalamex

God-is-great
03-07-2009, 01:21 AM
:sl:

Yes, I have felt this way. Subhanallah, this thread reminds me of my life
I’ve been through this before n still going at it. Growing up, I’ve had so many friends.
I wasn’t religious, meaning wasn’t really practicing Islam. This all changed a few years ago.
One day a brother saw how I behaved and what kinds of friends I’d hung out with.
He asked me to come to the masjid to listen to a lecture. That day the sheikh was reading Surat Al Haqqah
As the sheikh was reading the surah, I swear tears were coming down my eyes.
I felt so ashamed of my life. I asked myself if I had to die at that moment, where would my place be.
If the Day of Judgment was to happen right now, which had would I receive my book.
Then I had this image of fire. I was scared to death. That day my life changed completely.
As soon as I got home, I repent to Allah and Alhamdulillah I started practicing Islam from there.
Then I started teaching my friends about Islam as well. I wanted them to realize that they are in great danger if they don’t get their act together before its too late.
Every time I’m with them, I would remind them about the Day of Judgment and that they would be held accountable for their actions.
When I started doing that, I’ve lost most of my friends. Some of them would turn the other way just to avoid me.
Some of them would be like “oh God, here comes yusuf with his Islamic lectures again”
Sometimes I feel like crying and I just want to say to hell with them and just give up.
Alhmdulillah I didn’t. Later on a couple of them started practicing as well and we are helping each other to get the others to do that as well.
It will take some time I know. But I’ve learned to be patient with them. I think that’s one of the most important things; is to have patient.
Just like you bro/sis, I get angry when I see my friends do something that’s against Islam.
But I never stopped making dua for them and Inshallah I won’t stop in the future
And I think that’s what you should keep on doing. If Allah wills, your friends will be guided to the right path.
Erm forgive me if I wrote too much. My fingers wouldn’t stop typing :embarrass

Jazakallah khair

:w:

The Ruler
03-07-2009, 08:33 PM
but when I see them do the same errors over and over, I can't help but feel frustrated/angered/upset...
We're human beings. It's in our nature to err. That's how many of us learn.

people believe I care too much and ask me why. I can't help it. I am at the point where I don't even care anymore and only say Du'3a for them and closed my door to them, being truly annoyed by their actions.
You care or you don't care? But really, being annoyed will only push them further away. They don't need someone who will get angered or fustrated for their wrong-doings. They need someone to guide them. Gently and slowly.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
03-07-2009, 10:04 PM
^agree,
some drown themselves in history and so on, other perceive that as 'knowledge'.
while it being information is correct, that doesn't make one act upon it right away, it doesn't have that property, it is just that, information.
we are all humans, so we are not prefect, accepting that and not getting riled over it seem like a good start.
if you get too emotional about it, take a break:)

this reminds me of a saying of the prophet:

Abu Musa reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of that guidance and knowledge with which Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, has sent me is that of rain falling upon the earth. There is a good piece of land which receives the rainfall (eagerly) and as a result of it there is grown in it herbage and grass abundantly. Then there is a land hard and barren which retains water and the people derive benefit from it and they drink it and make the animals drink. Then there is another land which is barren. Neither water is retained in it, nor is the grass grown in it. And that is the similitude of the first one who develops the understanding of the religion of Allah and it becomes a source of benefit to him with which Allah sent me. (The second one is that) who acquires the knowledge of religion and imparts it to others. (Then the other type is) one who does not pay attention to (the revealed knowledge) and thus does not accept guidance of Allah with which I have been sent.
Sahih Muslim:5668

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.