albaseerah.org
03-07-2009, 02:08 AM
Hasan Ibn Ali Ibn Abi Taalib (HIA) Educational Seminar

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

SEMINAR
Are the lectures translated?
Is there an age limit?

REGISTRATION
What are the steps of the Registration Process?
What is the deadline for registration?
When will I know if I have been accepted?
I have sent an email but not received any response - what should I do?
I am a new Muslim and I don't know any Shaykhs or Imaams. Can I still apply and leave these areas blank?
What is the visa and how do I get one?

FINANCIAL
Does the registration fee secure a seat?
Does price include flight to JFK?
I don't have all the money now - may I pay in instalments?
What are payment options...PayPal, credit card, money order, money transfer...etc
Is the registration fee refunded if I am not accepted?
Is the registration fee refunded if I need to cancel my application?

SISTERS
May sisters attend?
May sisters attend without a mahram?
Can children attend?

WHO MAY ATTEND
Is the program open to those not in US, UK, Canada?
I am in KSA - may I register and attend from there?

GENERAL
What can I do to start preparing for the Seminar?
I have not performed hajj as yet, can I join the Seminar?

SEMINAR

Are the lectures translated?
Yes. All lectures and Question and Answer sessions are translated.

Is there an age limit?
No. Anyone may apply. The main criteria is a desire to learn more about this Religion of ours seeking by it the Pleasure of Allaah.

REGISTRATION

What are the steps of the Registration Process?
Registration is quite a simple process as detailed below.

* Download the Registration Form: Word PDF
* Complete the downloaded Registration Form and email to: seminar.albaseerah@gmail.com
* Submit the printed copy of the Completed Registration Form along with the Registration Fee (Money Order, Check or via PayPal) to: P.O. Box 6551, Long Island City, NY 11106, USA.
* Await confirmation of acceptance by the Administration.
* Once accepted, you will be sent further instructions after registration has closed. This would include Visa instructions, finalizing of payment, and access to the online forum for Accepted Participants.

What is the deadline for registration?

The deadlines are as follows:

Register Before January 30th = $1995.00 + Reg. Fee

After January 30th = $ 2,195.00 + Reg. Fee
After March 15th = $ 2,295.00 + Reg. Fee
After May 15th = $ 2395.00 + Reg. Fee

When will I know if I have been accepted?
You will know you are accepted when you receive an email stating Congratulations You Have Been Accepted!!!!
As soon as your application has been received via email it will be reviewed and you will be informed whether you have been accepted. Kindly allow 5 - 7 business days for this process to be completed. If you have not obtained a response within 5 - 7 business days please contact us in the event that your application was not received. We try our best to accommodate as many participants as possible, but seats are limited and sometimes it is not possible to accept everyone.

I have sent an email but not received any response - what should I do?
We make every effort to respond to emails within 24-48 hours. If you have not obtained a response first check any Junk or Spam folders you may have in the event that it was automatically directed there. If you still cannot find it you can send us another email, call us at: 1(718) 889-1814 or post a message in the Hassan Ibn Ali Ibn Ali Taalib Forum.

I am a new Muslim and I don't know any Shaykhs or Imaams. Can I still apply and leave these areas blank?
Yes, you may still apply and indicate the name of someone who knows you, and who is also known by two prominent Islamic individuals in the society. So you should mention:

* The name of the individual who knows you.
* The names of the two individuals who know the person you mentioned.

What is the visa and how do I get one?
The Visa is acknowledged permission by the Saudi Government which is required in order to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We will process the visa for you.

FINANCIAL

Does the registration fee secure a seat?
Yes, once you have been accepted the Registration Fee serves to secure a seat. However you must make the full payment within 20 days (or date indicated by administration); failing to make full payment will result in cancellation of the seat.

Does price include flight to JFK?
No. You will need to arrange your own transportation to JFK (New York) or Dulles (Washington) and from those airports upon your return. Albaseerah provides all the in-between travel wal hamdulillaah.

I don't have all the money now - may I pay in instalments?
We hate to see money coming between you and the knowledge, If you have been accepted and you are unable to meet the dead line, contact the Administration at seminar.albaseerah@gmail.com or 1(718) 889-1814 as soon as possible indicating this, and all effort will be made to try and accommodate your payment by instalments.

What are payment options... PayPal, credit card, money order, money transfer, etc
A range of payment options are accepted including Money Order, Wire Transfer, Cheque, Debit Card, Bank Draft and PayPal.

Is the registration fee refunded if I am not accepted?
Yes, in the event that you have not been accepted your Registration Fee will be refunded in FULL.

Is the registration fee refunded if I need to cancel my application?
All attempts will be made to issue a full or partial refund on cancellation of your application. However, the following cases must be considered:

* In the event that you need to cancel your application after being accepted, you should inform the Administration as soon as possible in order to put an immediate stop to all processing of your documents such as visas, tickets, accommodation etc.
* You are entitled to full refund if you cancel the registration before receiving a confirmation from us.
* If you cancel your registration after receiving the confirmation you will be charged $100.00.
* If you cancel after March 30th then your registration fee will not be refunded but you will be refunded full package payment.
* After June 1st only 50 % of total amount paid will be refunded.

SISTERS

May sisters attend?
Yes sisters may attend and are highly encouraged to do so, alhamdulillaah we have special sessions and intensive courses for sisters inside the Prophet's masjid as well as special tajweed sessions by female teachers.

May sisters attend without a mahram?
Sisters may not attend without a mahram. There may be some exceptions, please contact administration and explain your situation.

Can children attend?
Since this is a rihlah for knowledge and children may sometimes be a distraction, we recommend that you join this trip without children so you may focus on seeking knowledge and increasing in Eebaadah and closeness to Allaah. But if you don't have someone who will take good care of your children in your absence and you have no other means to leave your children with someone you trust then you may bring your children with you.

WHO MAY ATTEND

Is the program open to those not in US, UK, Canada?
Unfortunately, due to limited seats registration is only open to USA, UK and Canada residents at the moment. We have received numerous emails from other countries and we are doing our best to include residents of other countries as well. Please write us after May 15th, 2009.

I am in KSA - may I register and attend from there?
Due to the strict policies, limited seats, and many other factors, we can only handle registrations from USA, UK and Canada at present.
We wish that we could open the Seminar to everyone without any restrictions or conditions but our present circumstances do not allow this. We are working on it and hopefully our future seminars will be open for all, inshaa Allaah.
We would also like to remind you that individuals living in the Kingdom or Gulf area are very fortunate to have access to the Mashaaykh all year round, and are able to attend their circles and benefit from them. It may be difficult for some, but by striving hard they would be able to sit and learn from the Scholars by the Permission of Allaah.

GENERAL

What can I do to start preparing for the Seminar?
Suggested tips included:

* Seek Ikhlaas
* Make Taubah
* Give Charity
* Adapt yourself to studying and memorizing Qur'aan
* Read accounts of past Seminars to get a feel for what to expect.
* **** Be sure **** to read all emails you receive pertaining to the Seminar and kindly follow all instructions.

I have not performed hajj as yet, can I join the Seminar?
Yes, you may join the Seminar even if you have not performed hajj as yet.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
03-07-2009, 02:46 AM
JazakAllah.

Amat Allah
03-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Jazakum Allaho khairan Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.