/* */

PDA

View Full Version : never-ending cycle - stuck in a loop

IbnAbdulHakim
03-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

have you ever felt like your trapped in a loop?

like you trying your best to progress and find new things of interest but everyday you slump back to where you began.

i feel like i renew my intention everyday and somedays i succeed and somedays i fail. yet i feel like my progressions stopped.

seriously aaaanyone know what im talking about?

only thing i can think of to snap out of it is to go travelling (its kinda like my universal solution :D)

jazakAllah khair to anyone who bothered reading

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
03-07-2009, 10:00 AM
yeah

only thing i can think of to snap out of it is to go travelling (its kinda like my universal solution )
what are you waiting for then? :)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-07-2009, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
what are you waiting for then? :)
a job lol

i wish i could go tonight!!!! i get hyped just thinking about it!!

Musaafirah
03-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Completely understand ya!
I always try something new and then promptly forget what I started and then look back and think 'Why on earth didn't I finish that off?'
Seriously, I can't wait until I finish my degree, that's probably the only thing I've been persistent with. Even then, I have off days, where I don't feel like doing the set assignments and all.
Travelling'd be cool...I think the best type would be not the one that's planned out, but the random tours and all...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
03-07-2009, 07:25 PM
well my problem isnt so much "why on earth did i do that", rather "duro i cudda done so much more!!!"

if you k now what i mean :ooh:

Musaafirah
03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Yup, i get that too...Different feelings at different times..
Man, I need a new hobby...One that'll last.. and be worth it....

Güven
03-07-2009, 07:33 PM
I know EXACTLY what you mean !

alcurad
03-07-2009, 07:40 PM
hello stuck in a loop friends, I too have had such happenings in my life:)
the best solution is never do something you don't want to unless if there is no other choice..

The Ruler
03-07-2009, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
have you ever felt like your trapped in a loop?
Nope.

like you trying your best to progress and find new things of interest but everyday you slump back to where you began.
Nope.

Yup. Solution: think positive and never look back. Can I say anything more cliché? But it works.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-07-2009, 08:52 PM
^ your joking?

your saying you dont look back at your days thinking of the amount of hours you've wasted and lamenting it? :ooh:

Ansariyah
03-07-2009, 09:02 PM
wat kinda loop?

Zahida
03-07-2009, 10:17 PM
:sl: Hmmmmmmmm alot of the time!!!! Routine just gets to me and i would like a change......... but what>>>>>

Just pick yourself up and look forward to something new and think positive, thats a step in the right direction..................

If you can't afford travel at the moment to some exotic faraway place...........try somewhere local...............:w::bump1:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-07-2009, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
wat kinda loop?
the kind isnt important, it could be a certain routine, a way of life you cant escape etc...

Intisar
03-08-2009, 03:56 AM
:sl: Yeah, it's like doing something that you know isn't right and you keep vowing to yourself that you will halt from doing so but then you just end up doing it again and again, never being able to move on and progress from that. It becomes a vicious cycle, may Allaah give us enough eeman to break the cycle insha'Allaah.

transition?
03-08-2009, 04:45 AM
:sl:

Have you set new, more challenging goals for yourself? That's probably the first step to progress. From the looks of it, you already chose something. If you're already working for it just be patient. : ). Sometimes, it feels like you're hitting the same crack on a dam, until one day the crack just breaks down the whole dam.

(im so sorry for the cheesy analogy).

When i was 15, i wanted to dive into Islam. Those days, knowing i could complete long research papers and clean the entire house, i thought of course i could develop a commmitment to Allah
(swt) and pray and fast and turn my life around. I was physically prepared and somewhat mentally
prepared. I struggled day to day trying to fulfill my duties - never got close to any of my bigplans within those months or even that year plus the next few. I thought it was b/c i was truly horrible Muslim, unfrateful, unworthy of Islam...etc....I was disappointed and impatient and practically depressed with myself.
all these years later, i realize that i had been progressing - although, i didn't do everything I meant to do(mainly b/c i wasnt ready and circumstance), by circumstance/Allah's Will I spent that time deeply in search for knowledge and inspiration to help my faith. Slowly,everything started fitting together and I could easily fulfill my duties. It was almost random, a miracle for me. All that time, I was in despair b/c I worried that all the knowledge I was learning was useless if I were to never to act from it (b/c i believed myself incapable of doing so)But you know what, Allah (swt) is the Best of Planners.

Im not sure if that even relates to your original post. Hope it helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.