/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sects in Islam - Zakir Naik

Civilsed
03-07-2009, 08:07 AM
:sl:

An excellent answer by Zakir Naik to a non muslim about the different sects within islam

Sects in Islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
03-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Dr Zakir Naik beliefs are questionable itself

Praising Yazeed proves my point

I have stopped listening to him since he came out with that comment

Pomak
03-07-2009, 10:37 AM
I found the answer, very bad in fact.

Peterwf
03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul

I have heard Dr Zakir Naik on satellite TV (Peace TV) he seem to get a lot of air time.

Could you explain further how his beliefs are questionable, then I can be on my guard when next I hear him speak.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Hana*
03-07-2009, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pomak
I found the answer, very bad in fact.
Care to elaborate on that comment?

I, personally, found the answer very good and he is correct, according to the Qur'an, when he says we are not permitted to create sects in Islam. All these groups came after Prophet Muhammed, pbuh, so which category did He fall into? This is the question Dr. Naik asked, and it can't be answered because He was a Muslim, period.

So, if you could give an explanation as to why you think the answer was bad, I would appreciate it. I may have missed something.

Wasalam,
Hana

doorster
03-08-2009, 02:01 AM

Saying that

• The fact is that it WAS a power struggle.
  • The fact is that it could've been avoided.
  • The fact is that yazeed did not want to kill Hussain and offered him a safe passage.
  • The fact is that Hz. Hussain could've taken that passage without harming his Imaan
  • Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah is one of those people whom we neither curse nor love

is not a crime in my book (unless we go by the tales told by a certain sect, then should we not also join with them when they curse 3 of the khulaifah and hazrat Ayesha too?).

format_quote Originally Posted by Peterwf
I have heard Dr Zakir Naik on satellite TV (Peace TV) he seem to get a lot of air time.

Could you explain further how his beliefs are questionable, then I can be on my guard when next I hear him speak.
He is owner of Peace TV

only thing I do not like or watch is when he debates with other religions and embarasses them by showing them bits from their books

Pomak
03-08-2009, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
Care to elaborate on that comment?

I, personally, found the answer very good and he is correct, according to the Qur'an, when he says we are not permitted to create sects in Islam. All these groups came after Prophet Muhammed, pbuh, so which category did He fall into? This is the question Dr. Naik asked, and it can't be answered because He was a Muslim, period.

So, if you could give an explanation as to why you think the answer was bad, I would appreciate it. I may have missed something.

Wasalam,
Hana
Prophets= infallable (aka can't sin)
People= fallible

So things that apply to prophets don't necessarily apply to humans

Also a simpler way could of been to say groupings like Hanafi, shafi, ikwan...ect are not sects. One would need to have ignorance of monumental proportions to think "hanafi" is a sect.

Sects exist because the rulings are derived differently, a case and point being the Sunni/Shia thing. each side having different materials to base their opinions on.

K.Venugopal
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
...only thing I do not like or watch is when he [Dr. Zakir Naik] debates with other religions and embarasses them by showing them bits from their books
That's true, he quotes only 'bits' from, say, the Vedas, and claims that the Vedas say there is only one God when the whole of the Vedas speak of the oneness of existence, not that there is only one God.

'Abd-al Latif
03-08-2009, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pomak
Prophets= infallable (aka can't sin)
People= fallible

So things that apply to prophets don't necessarily apply to humans

Also a simpler way could of been to say groupings like Hanafi, shafi, ikwan...ect are not sects. One would need to have ignorance of monumental proportions to think "hanafi" is a sect.

Sects exist because the rulings are derived differently, a case and point being the Sunni/Shia thing. each side having different materials to base their opinions on.
Just to clearify; If you mean that the Prophets are infallible, as in they are perfect and free from mistakes then this is incorrect.

“The ummah (Muslim nation) is agreed that the Messengers are infallible in carrying out their mission – they do not forget anything that Allaah has revealed to them except with regard to matters that have been abrogated. They are also infallible in conveying the Message – they do not conceal anything that Allaah has revealed to them, for that would be a betrayal and it is impossible to imagine that they could do such a thing. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘O Messenger! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord. And if you do not ,then you have not conveyed His Message…’ [al-Maa’idah 5:67]. If anything is concealed or changed, then the punishment of Allaah will befall the one who is guilty of doing these things, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And if he [Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] had forged a false saying concerning Us [Allaah], We surely would have seized him by his right hand (or with power and might), and then certainly should have cut off his life artery (aorta).’ [al-Haqqah 69:44-46]. One aspect of infallibility is that they (the Prophets) do not forget anything of that which Allaah has revealed to them, and thus no part of the revelation is lost.”

[Al-rusul wa’l-risaalaat (The Messengers and their missions), ‘Omar al-Ashqar, p. 97]

‘Omar al-Ashqar also said (op. cit., p.102): “The Prophets and Messengers may also strive to find the right judgement in the situations with which they are faced, and they judge according to what they themselves see and hear – they do not have knowledge of the Unseen. They may make an incorrect judgement, as happened to the Prophet of Allaah Dawood (David), who failed to do so, and Allaah helped his son Sulaymaan (Solomon) to come up with the right answer in that particular case. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that he heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘There were two women, each of whom had a son. A wolf came and carried off the son of one of them, who said to the other, “The wolf has taken your son.” The other said, “No, he took your son.” They came to Dawood to ask him to judge between them, and he ruled in favour of the older woman. Then they went to Sulaymaan the son of Dawood and told him what had happened. He said, “Bring a knife and divide the child between them.” The younger woman said, “Do not do that, may Allaah have mercy on you! He is her son.” So Sulaymaan ruled in favour of the younger woman.’ (Reported by al-Bukhaari).
And sects don't exist because of different rulings, they exist because such people have strayed from the straight path. Some reject the Qur'an, some reject the sunnah, some reject more or less then that.

Without getting into further detail, can all members please refrain from sectarian issues otherwise this thread will be closed.

IslamicRevival
03-08-2009, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Just to clearify; If you mean that the Prophets are infallible, as in they are perfect and free from mistakes then this is incorrect.
Prophet Muhammad PBUH is the greatest man on this planet, Allah SWTs Messenger, our guide, Our Role model yet you say prophets can sin!

AstaghfirAllah! Shameful!

Anyone who has these beliefs are clearly not on the path of sunnah!

IslamicRevival
03-08-2009, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
Saying that

• The fact is that it WAS a power struggle.
  • The fact is that it could've been avoided.
  • The fact is that yazeed did not want to kill Hussain and offered him a safe passage.
  • The fact is that Hz. Hussain could've taken that passage without harming his Imaan
  • Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah is one of those people whom we neither curse nor love

is not a crime in my book (unless we go by the tales told by a certain sect, then should we not also join with them when they curse 3 of the khulaifah and hazrat Ayesha too?).
I agree We are NOT to praise or curse Yazeed yet Dr Zakir Naik praised him?

Zakir Naik was supporting Yazeed in his speech! and unfortunately you do too!

'Abd-al Latif
03-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Prophet Muhammad PBUH is the greatest man on this planet, Allah SWTs Messenger, our guide, Our Role model yet you say prophets can sin!

AstaghfirAllah! Shameful!

Anyone who has these beliefs are clearly not on the path of sunnah!
Bro, before you start accusing me of deviant beliefs keep in context what i'm trying to say. I'm not argueing with the fact that the Prophet (saaws) is the best of creation, our guide, our role model, the one who should be loved the most out of all creation. Nor am I saying that he sins, rather what i'm saying is that the fact remains that he was a human being.

When I said he would err, I meant he would err in humanly matters (i.e. unintentional mistakes) but not as a Prophet (i.e. not mistakes in religion). He could forget something such as praying an extra ra'ka during prayer (this is a hadeeth, I can get the actual text if you want), or make a mistake in a worldly matter such as a hadeeth that is narrated in Saheeh Muslim by Rafi' ibn Khudayj:

The Prophet (s) came to Madeenah, and they were pollinating the date-palms. He said "What are you doing?" They said, "We always used to pollinate them." He said, "Perhaps if you do not do that, it will be better." So they did not do it, and the harvest was lacking. They mentioned that to him, and he said, "I am only a human being like you. If I tell you to do something with regard to religion, then follow it, but if I tell you to do something based on my own opinion, I am only a human being." (narrated in Muslim, 2361).

Troubled Soul, if you or anyone else are unclear about anything I have said then PM me and I will be happy to clearify any doubts.

With that said, unfortunatly this thread seems to be taking a wrong turn so I will be closing it.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.