/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wooooo

Ansariyah
03-07-2009, 09:30 PM
I have come to the conclusion that Some people are just the way they are because someone else is wat they are but deep down thats not who they really are.

If I am the kind of a Muslim who goes at my own Pace wit my deen....am I worse then the one who knows not even why they're doing wat they're doing tho its doing a whole lot?

Why do people judge someone according to the length of their garment? The size of their Hijab?...

How come people are in groups, the practicing, the fitnah mongering pants/jeans wearing Girls/ the amazing bearded bros, the oh so Harami boys who don't have beards. LoL

Why are people shocked wit ur islamic knowledge just because ur not wearing a Jilbab?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zahida
03-07-2009, 10:22 PM
sl: Don't know...........people just automatically assume that hijab wearing females and bearded bros are experts in Islam...................... But honestly with experience i find that girls who don't wear hijab and bros who don't have beards and prefer the clean shave look are sometimes more knowledgeable than the hijabis and beardos!!!!!!!!!!!!:w::bump1:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-08-2009, 12:18 AM
your saying people immitate others not allowing their true selves to manifest?

Why are people shocked wit ur islamic knowledge just because ur not wearing a Jilbab?
because then your like a donkey carrying books

(The likeness of those who are entrusted with the Law of Moses, yet apply it not, is as the likeness of the donkey, carrying books. (62.5))

when you learn something IMPLEMENT it. Dont say "yes i know its wajib/fard/sunnah muakkadah" and then disregard, naudhubillah.

may Allah guide us, i hav so much i need to implement... :(

format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
sl: But honestly with experience i find that girls who don't wear hijab and bros who don't have beards and prefer the clean shave look are sometimes more knowledgeable than the hijabis and beardos!!!!!!!!!!!!:w::bump1:
lol really sis?

thats strange... ive heard clean shaven and hijabless ones "act" like they got the knowledge (i know i dont have knowledge either, im not sayin gi do before people start firing), but to be honest... their lack of practising either makes them very apologetic (oh i cant practice because of this and this) or they express a wrong understanding (do you know brother that its ok to do so and so.. (his mainly trying to justify himself)).

this is my experience... practise what you learn... so that Allah can bless you.

this short life aint worth it... man we sacrifice too much for so little :( without islam wats the worth of this dunya? and we give what? 0.1% to islam.. seriously...

Faseeha
03-08-2009, 07:13 AM
:sl:

Why do people judge someone according to the length of their garment? The size of their Hijab?...
Sadly that is what so many people do, many fail to realize that it is not our place to judge anyone on their actions. Some people follow certain Islamical practises and assume that they are better then others for doing so. If a girl doesn't have a scarf (Hijab) on, then she is already judged to be a bad person by some, even though she may have better qualities then a girl wearing a scarf. People need to realize that it is not our place to judge anyone, and that just because someone isn't practising Islam the way we are, does not make us better then them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zahida
03-08-2009, 11:48 AM
:sl: Lol!!!! In answer to that recently i was covering a year seven RE lesson and the students were studying Islam. One of the questions was what is the Shahadah.................. An Indian student answered the question without hesitation the Muslim girls wearing hijab were just sitting there looking all graceful................

We further went on to discuss Hajj and when an English student tried to answer the question the Muslim girls started to s****** because of her pronounciation.................... Needless to say i was aliitle bit angry with them...............

This is just a small example.............. I have been with Adults and they also don't know what they are talking about!!! Brother knowledge is not about the way you look, whether you have a beard or not? Whether a woman covers herself or not..................... That is something that is farz from us as Muslim brothers/sisters. Knowledge is something from within you.......................

Hope i did not offend you, this is just my opinion and experience...............:w::smile:
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
your saying people immitate others not allowing their true selves to manifest?

because then your like a donkey carrying books

(The likeness of those who are entrusted with the Law of Moses, yet apply it not, is as the likeness of the donkey, carrying books. (62.5))

when you learn something IMPLEMENT it. Dont say "yes i know its wajib/fard/sunnah muakkadah" and then disregard, naudhubillah.

may Allah guide us, i hav so much i need to implement... :(

lol really sis?

thats strange... ive heard clean shaven and hijabless ones "act" like they got the knowledge (i know i dont have knowledge either, im not sayin gi do before people start firing), but to be honest... their lack of practising either makes them very apologetic (oh i cant practice because of this and this) or they express a wrong understanding (do you know brother that its ok to do so and so.. (his mainly trying to justify himself)).

this is my experience... practise what you learn... so that Allah can bless you.

this short life aint worth it... man we sacrifice too much for so little :( without islam wats the worth of this dunya? and we give what? 0.1% to islam.. seriously...

alcurad
03-08-2009, 12:37 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/1108261-post5.html :)

Zahida
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
:sl:I had a really interesting day today with some of my year 10 students who wear the hijab............. Guess what i found out, most of them wear it because their parents make them, 60% said they prefere not to wear it because they feel that they are treated different.................

I also found that many of them still atttend Masjid to learn to read the Koran, some said it was a waste of time because they did not understand what they were reading..................

I also found outimsad that only 3 girls from a class of 30 actually know how to read namaaz................imsad

Lol!!! Just doing abit of my own research!!!!:w::bump1:

جوري
03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Many people have alot of free time on their hand and in lieu of occupying themselves with their own affairs they prefer to be self appointed religious servants and pass out free advise whether others desire it or not...

I think it is a dangerous thing to do personally, because if you go around warning others while you yourself have many shortcomings, then & Allah knows best, it would qualify one as a hypocrite.

I have learned from trial and errot how to cut the conversation very short with such folks of whom the vast majority were women, and I'd advise anyone to do the same, just get one of those books on the gentle art of self-defense or just practice a few easy lines.. for me these couple work like a charm every time

1- when a woman comes and tells me anything anything at all negative I just smile and say OK! okay exclamation does wonders I can't begin to describe

2- for type II the folks who like to show off their virtues or anything else like how wonderful or fertile their children, I find a simple smile plus a 'Good for you' or "I am glad for you' also works wonders.. I wish I had worked those out in my teenage and early twenties it would have saved me alot of grief but as the saying goes 'better late than never'

:w:

Zahida
03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
:sl: Lol!!! You and me, both you must have heard the saying practise what you preach!!! Over the years i have learnt that the approach we both use avoids disagreements and arguements............... I really can't be bothered with arguements so i tend to agree also! The other person may walk away thinking i am wrong or whatever but i firmly believe that EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinions, i try not to force my opinions on anyone including my children, i always give them an opportunity to share their views and we discuss things.............. With them though cos they are still young i can twist the way i speak with them when i know what they are talking about is wrong, so eventually they see it from my point of view............:bump1::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Many people have alot of free time on their hand and in lieu of occupying themselves with their own affairs they prefer to be self appointed religious servants and pass out free advise whether others desire it or not...

I think it is a dangerous thing to do personally, because if you go around warning others while you yourself have many shortcomings, then & Allah knows best, it would qualify one as a hypocrite.

I have learned from trial and errot how to cut the conversation very short with such folks of whom the vast majority were women, and I'd advise anyone to do the same, just get one of those books on the gentle art of self-defense or just practice a few easy lines.. for me these couple work like a charm every time

1- when a woman comes and tells me anything anything at all negative I just smile and say OK! okay exclamation does wonders I can't begin to describe

2- for type II the folks who like to show off their virtues or anything else like how wonderful or fertile their children, I find a simple smile plus a 'Good for you' or "I am glad for you' also works wonders.. I wish I had worked those out in my teenage and early twenties it would have saved me alot of grief but as the saying goes 'better late than never'

:w:

Al-Zaara
03-11-2009, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Mm, indeed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!