/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who are the people in this hadith?

AntiKarateKid
03-08-2009, 06:14 PM
The Messenger Muhammad (saw) said: "Some peoples will come on the Day of Judgement and their Imaan will be outstanding, it's light will shine from their chests and from their right hands. So it will be said to them, 'glad tidings for you today, Assalaamu alaykum and goodness for you, enter into it (Jannah) forever!' So the angels and the Prophets will be jealous of the love of Allah for them". So the Sahabah asked, ' who are they O Messenger of Allah?' He (saw) replied, "They are not from us and they are not from you. You are my companions but they are my beloved. They will come after you and will find the book (the Qur'an) made redundant by the people, and a Sunnah which has been killed by them. So they will grab hold of the book and the Sunnah and revive them. So they will read them and teach them (the Qur'an and the Sunnah) to the people and they will experience in that path a punishment more severe and more ugly than what you (O Sahabah) have experienced. Indeed, the Imaan of one of them is equivalent to the Imaan of forty of you. The Shaheed of one of them is equivalent to forty of your Shuhadaa'. Because you found a helper towards the truth (the Prophet [saw]) and they will find no helper towards the truth. So they will be surrounded by tyrant rulers in every place, and they will be in the surroundings of Bayt ul-Maqdis (al-Quds). The Nussrah (victorious material support) of Allah will come to them, and they will have the honour of it on their hands". Then he (saw) said "O Allah give them the Nussrah and make them my close friends in Jannah" (Musnad of Imam Ahmed).

Is this hadith talking generally about people who adhere to the sunnah in these times of laxity or specifically about some people in Al-Quds?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-09-2009, 01:23 AM
When I encountered this hadith in Arabic, I didn't see the addition of ahl al maqdis..
but Allah swt knows best

:w:

AntiKarateKid
03-09-2009, 02:22 AM
could you provide what you found? with sources? Thanks sis!

جوري
03-09-2009, 02:32 AM
I must admit, I have never read a book and archived page and number but can see the importance of this to you.. I have typed part of the hadith I remembered in Arabic and the full hadith is

فقال ( لقد اشتقت الى رؤية احبابى فقال الصحابة : نحن احبابك يا رسول الله فقال صلى الله عليه وسلم انتم اصحابى ولكن احبابى هم الذين امنوا بى دون ان يرونى )
او كما قال صلوات الله وسلامه عليه
فهولاء هم الاصحاب فما بالكم بالاحباب

I can't find you the number and when I try searching the Arabic writing on the web is so compact and small that I can't weed it out. Now what I advise is that you cut and paste it and do a power search, see if the number and narration come up insha'Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
03-09-2009, 02:34 AM
thanks alot sis for the help :D

جوري
03-09-2009, 02:39 AM
I really don't know if I were of help? but at least now you can narrow down the search by doing some acrobatics using the above

waslaam 3lykoum wr wb

AntiKarateKid
03-09-2009, 03:29 AM
darn google, I tried doing this blindly but no worries.

What did you find out by yourself? Which parts were authentic? If its not too much trouble helping a random guy on the internet LOL.

جوري
03-09-2009, 03:36 AM
It is an authentic hadith, I didn't do much search about it, as I was already aware of it, I just typed in the correct words.. let's translate

( لقد اشتقت الى رؤية احبابى فقال الصحابة : نحن احبابك يا رسول الله فقال صلى الله عليه وسلم انتم اصحابى ولكن احبابى هم الذين امنوا بى دون ان يرونى )

The sahaba were sitting with the prophet (P) and he stated, I long to see my loved ones, the sahaba said, we are your loved ones oh messenger of Allah, so the prophet (P) said, you are my friends, but my loved ones, are those who believed in me, even though they haven't seen me.

Danah
03-09-2009, 06:56 AM
I have listened to this hadeeth before, and I remembered that the ones the prophet Mohammed Peace Be Upon him mentioned are those who hold his Sunnah in a time where it become abandoned like these times, because they believe in him when they dont see him and they believe in the Quran when they just get it from the previous people and they were not around when the Quran was revealed in the prophet days

will try to get the source for that inshaAllah, because I heard it in an Arabic lecture

doorster
03-09-2009, 07:08 AM
the one in OP is purported to be >> Musnad of Imaam Ahmad, no. 77, Hadeeth no. 17561

and it is or its many variants are used for all sorts of things (from current situation in Gazza to siege of al quds by dajjal)

Arabic readers can try to find it in books linked below

Musnad of Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal part 1
Musnad of Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal part 2
Musnad of Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal part 3
Musnad of Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal part 4

Imam
04-30-2009, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
The Messenger Muhammad (saw) said: "Some peoples will come on the Day of Judgement and their Imaan will be outstanding, it's light will shine from their chests and from their right hands. So it will be said to them, 'glad tidings for you today, Assalaamu alaykum and goodness for you, enter into it (Jannah) forever!' So the angels and the Prophets will be jealous of the love of Allah for them". So the Sahabah asked, ' who are they O Messenger of Allah?' He (saw) replied, "They are not from us and they are not from you. You are my companions but they are my beloved. They will come after you and will find the book (the Qur'an) made redundant by the people, and a Sunnah which has been killed by them. So they will grab hold of the book and the Sunnah and revive them. So they will read them and teach them (the Qur'an and the Sunnah) to the people and they will experience in that path a punishment more severe and more ugly than what you (O Sahabah) have experienced. Indeed, the Imaan of one of them is equivalent to the Imaan of forty of you. The Shaheed of one of them is equivalent to forty of your Shuhadaa'. Because you found a helper towards the truth (the Prophet [saw]) and they will find no helper towards the truth. So they will be surrounded by tyrant rulers in every place, and they will be in the surroundings of Bayt ul-Maqdis (al-Quds). The Nussrah (victorious material support) of Allah will come to them, and they will have the honour of it on their hands". Then he (saw) said "O Allah give them the Nussrah and make them my close friends in Jannah" (Musnad of Imam Ahmed).

peace

After I checked Musnad Ahmed I can tell you that there is no Hadith with such wording in Musnad Ahmed !!!

I have found some with the same wording (He (saw) replied, "They are not from us and they are not from you. You are my companions but they are my beloved. )

but the rest ideas is not there!!

8924 حَدَّثَنَا عَفَّانُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ اِبْرَاهِيمَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا الْعَلَاءُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، عَنْ اَبِيهِ، عَنْ اَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ خَرَجَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ اِلَى الْمَقْبَرَةِ فَسَلَّمَ عَلَى اَهْلِهَا قَالَ سَلَامٌ عَلَيْكُمْ دَارَ قَوْمٍ مُؤْمِنِينَ وَاِنَّا اِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ بِكُمْ لَاحِقُونَ وَدِدْتُ اَنَّا قَدْ رَاَيْنَا اِخْوَانَنَا قَالُوا اَوَلَسْنَا اِخْوَانَكَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ بَلْ اَنْتُمْ اَصْحَابِي وَاِخْوَانِي الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَاْتُوا بَعْدُ وَاَنَا فَرَطُكُمْ عَلَى الْحَوْضِ قَالُوا وَكَيْفَ تَعْرِفُ مَنْ لَمْ يَاْتِ بَعْدُ مِنْ اُمَّتِكَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ اَرَاَيْتَ لَوْ اَنَّ رَجُلًا لَهُ خَيْلٌ غُرٌّ مُحَجَّلَةٌ بَيْنَ ظَهْرَيْ خَيْلٍ دُهْمٍ بُهْمٍ اَلَا يَعْرِفُ خَيْلَهُ قَالُوا بَلَى يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ فَاِنَّهُمْ يَاْتُونَ غُرًّا مُحَجَّلِينَ مِنْ الْوُضُوءِ يَقُولُهَا ثَلَاثًا وَاَنَا فَرَطُكُمْ عَلَى الْحَوْضِ اَلَا لَيُذَادَنَّ رِجَالٌ عَنْ حَوْضِي كَمَا يُذَادُ الْبَعِيرُ الضَّالُّ اُنَادِيهِمْ اَلَا هَلُمَّ اَلَا هَلُمَّ فَيُقَالُ اِنَّهُمْ قَدْ بَدَّلُوا بَعْدَكَ فَاَقُولُ سُحْقًا سُحْقًا

7652 حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ الْعَلَاءَ بْنَ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، يُحَدِّثُ عَنْ اَبِيهِ، عَنْ اَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ اَنَّهُ اَتَى اِلَى الْمَقْبَرَةِ فَسَلَّمَ عَلَى اَهْلِ الْمَقْبَرَةِ فَقَالَ سَلَامٌ عَلَيْكُمْ دَارَ قَوْمٍ مُؤْمِنِينَ وَاِنَّا اِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ بِكُمْ لَاحِقُونَ ثُمَّ قَالَ وَدِدْتُ اَنَّا قَدْ رَاَيْنَا اِخْوَانَنَا قَالَ فَقَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ اَلَسْنَا بِاِخْوَانِكَ قَالَ بَلْ اَنْتُمْ اَصْحَابِي وَاِخْوَانِي الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَاْتُوا بَعْدُ وَاَنَا فَرَطُهُمْ عَلَى الْحَوْضِ فَقَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ كَيْفَ تَعْرِفُ مَنْ لَمْ يَاْتِ مِنْ اُمَّتِكَ بَعْدُ قَالَ اَرَاَيْتَ لَوْ اَنَّ رَجُلًا كَانَ لَهُ خَيْلٌ غُرٌّ مُحَجَّلَةٌ بَيْنَ ظَهْرَانَيْ خَيْلٍ بُهْمٍ دُهْمٍ اَلَمْ يَكُنْ يَعْرِفُهَا قَالُوا بَلَى قَالَ فَاِنَّهُمْ يَاْتُونَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ غُرًّا مُحَجَّلِينَ مِنْ اَثَرِ الْوُضُوءِ وَاَنَا فَرَطُهُمْ عَلَى الْحَوْضِ ثُمَّ قَالَ اَلَا لَيُذَادَنَّ رِجَالٌ مِنْكُمْ عَنْ حَوْضِي كَمَا يُذَادُ الْبَعِيرُ الضَّالُّ اُنَادِيهِمْ اَلَا هَلُمَّ فَيُقَالُ اِنَّهُمْ بَدَّلُوا بَعْدَكَ فَاَقُولُ سُحْقًا سُحْقًا

12118 حَدَّثَنَا هَاشِمُ بْنُ الْقَاسِمِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا جَسْرٌ، عَنْ ثَابِتٍ، عَنْ اَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ طُوبَى لِمَنْ امَنَ بِي وَرَانِي مَرَّةً وَطُوبَى لِمَنْ امَنَ بِي وَلَمْ يَرَنِي سَبْعَ مِرَارٍ‏.‏

12119 حَدَّثَنَا هَاشِمُ بْنُ الْقَاسِمِ، حَدَّثَنَا جَسْرٌ، عَنْ ثَابِتٍ، عَنْ اَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَدِدْتُ اَنِّي لَقِيتُ اِخْوَانِي قَالَ فَقَالَ اَصْحَابُ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ اَوَلَيْسَ نَحْنُ اِخْوَانَكَ قَالَ اَنْتُمْ اَصْحَابِي وَلَكِنْ اِخْوَانِي الَّذِينَ امَنُوا بِي وَلَمْ يَرَوْنِي‏.

I wonder where is this so called hadith been narrated?!!!!

There is no trace of it in Hadith collections !!

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.