/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the pain of starting over

AnonymousPoster
03-09-2009, 05:08 AM

I have been told by people far wiser that the best way to deal with life is just to go through it, thus I'll refrain from dispensing with platitudes and mind numbing details on a matter that will not matter or echo something that you can relate to.
Rather I wish to know of your stories after major set backs.

How did you pick up and move on?
what happens the day after.
job loss, financial loss, license revocation, squandered fortune or youth, death of loved ones, pain medication addictions, departure of friends. I think the secret is rather than look at all those who were with you, who went on to the walk the path of green pastures and sunny meadows. I want to know of you on the difficult thorny road less traveled. It might give me renewed hope.

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AntiKarateKid
03-14-2009, 04:07 AM
Well... these verses have always pulled me through.

So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

(Quran, 94:5-6)

From Surah Inshirah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzbF2qj_mr8

I used to chant that in my heart whenever grief creeped up.

Ever since reading Surah Inshira, I recover much much faster for any setbacks.

Woodrow
03-14-2009, 04:26 AM
I can relate to all of those things you listed.

Loss of loved ones- My parents, my first 2 wives, nearly all of my relatives and probably all of my childhood friends.

I have lost more jobs than many people ever held. some because of illness, some because of company cut backs some because of my own dumb decisions.

Addiction to pain killers. Believe me I went through the rigors of when the military concept of pain reduction was morphine as a result I will not even touch aspirins today nor any pain killer, no matter how mild or safe it is supposed to be.

Squandered wealth? I dare not even mention how much money I have wasted.

Loss of property. I have lost all of my personal property several times through natural disasters like floods and tornadoes.

Yet, I value the lessons I learned from each of those loses and cherish the strength I gained as a result. I might have thought I lost much at those times. but, looking back I now see how much more I gained as a result of them. Sometimes the greatest gift we can receive is the loss of something we love.

The Ruler
03-14-2009, 10:33 AM
What gets me out of any form of misery is the thought of whatever Allah does is best for me. Then, I think of the things that had the potential to go wrong had what I wanted happened. After that, I can only be thankful for the set back. And, of course, I smile. Once you start to smile on the outside, the insides eventually smile too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
03-14-2009, 11:02 AM
sometimes the lose of something is like a warning..............

sometimes allah takes from us what takes us from him

and I have experienced that a lot in my life, if you want to be satisfied, look at your life from different angles....dont just live your life blindly. Try to relate everything happened to you with something else happened. You will find that everything happened for a reason even if it was some trivial
Our life is a chain of events, everything related to the other, even if you could not see the relation now, you will see it later, sometimes you cant believe how event A happened after event B when they dont have any clear relation to each other...............this way you will reach to the inner peace and the sanctification that make you accept all grief and pains you went over.

and I can guarantee that to you, its really effective and this is how I live my life. I found an amazing peace surround my soul subhanAllah by that

nms
03-23-2009, 04:47 AM
Praying keeps me going, yeah, sometimes I do get down and things can bring me down. that is when I remember Allah keeps me strong and the gives me the strength in life when things are tough and get tougher.

coddles76
03-23-2009, 05:06 AM
We all have our mistfortunes and trials in life and I give thanks to Allah SWT who has helped me through those difficulties. Some setbacks take weeks or months to repair, some take days but I thank Allah SWT who has helped me through all of them. Turning back to Allah SWT, Asking for forgiveness, asking for his help and guidance is what has helped me mentally to stay focused on the ultimate goal, you see with that my mind is set on the ultimate goal of the hereafter and I know that nothing here in this world is ever going to benefit me except the righteous deeds I perform, so if that means being patience during adversity, then I must try to maintain my patience so that I may recieve reward for the hereafter. This is what keeps me going, this is what keeps me focused. I just hope that this mental state of depending upon Allah SWT doesn't fail on me because then I know I have NO hope. As long as pleasing Allah SWT is always on my agenda, I know I can't fail, InshAllah!.

nms
03-23-2009, 05:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
We all have our mistfortunes and trials in life and I give thanks to Allah SWT who has helped me through those difficulties. Some setbacks take weeks or months to repair, some take days but I thank Allah SWT who has helped me through all of them. Turning back to Allah SWT, Asking for forgiveness, asking for his help and guidance is what has helped me mentally to stay focused on the ultimate goal, you see with that my mind is set on the ultimate goal of the hereafter and I know that nothing here in this world is ever going to benefit me except the righteous deeds I perform, so if that means being patience during adversity, then I must try to maintain my patience so that I may recieve reward for the hereafter. This is what keeps me going, this is what keeps me focused. I just hope that this mental state of depending upon Allah SWT doesn't fail on me because then I know I have NO hope. As long as pleasing Allah SWT is always on my agenda, I know I can't fail, InshAllah!.
This is good advice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.