/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Lives - Sharia Style

Uthman
03-09-2009, 08:08 PM
What would happen if you took high profile celebrity marriages, divorces and legal wrangles and settled them under Sharia law? The answers are rather surprising. Madonna might not have ended up paying Guy Ritchie anything. Sir Paul McCartney and Heather Mills might have done better to consider an Islamic-style marriage contract, where the norm is to agree a settlement figure before marriage.

Just over a year since the Archbishop of Canterbury made his provocative comments on Sharia law, Ajmal Masroor, a leading British Muslim and London imam, enlists the help of legal and Islamic commentators to explore the pros and cons of accommodating some parts of Sharia to the settling of civil disputes amongst British Muslims.

09 March 2009
11:35 PM
BBC One

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00j6ll4

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Don't you know that Kabbalah is where it is at with celebrities?

aamirsaab
03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Don't you know that Kabbalah is where it is at with celebrities?
I thought it was pilates?

Jazakallah kheir for the heads up Osman, I'll try and catch this tonight. For those who have early bed times, like moi, you should be able to catch it on I-player later on in the week.

I notice this programme also contains Ajmal masroor. Gauranteed aweseomeness!

doorster
03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I thought it was pilates?
me too

BTW. I understood kabalah to be Judaism's equivalent to "our" Sufism

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
03-09-2009, 08:41 PM
'Kabalah' sounds like a fighting style.

As part of her dance of martial arts death, Madonna would probably utilise Cornetto stillettos.

Anyway, I'll check this programme out inshallah.

جوري
03-09-2009, 08:58 PM
nah.. all into Kabbalah and calisthenics :lol:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...bbalah&spell=1

alcurad
03-09-2009, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

dance of martial arts death, would probably utilise Cornetto stillettos.

Anyway, I'll check this programme out inshallah.
why, you want to fight someone:?

doorster
03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
nah.. all into Kabbalah and calisthenics :lol:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...bbalah&spell=1
lol I get it now, they are trying to find some kind of religion, in past long ago it used to be trips to ashrams and Himalayas, I must try to keep up with my celeb gossip (no, not really)

جوري
03-09-2009, 09:08 PM
This emoticon :lol: seems to have talipes equinovarus but of the hand if there is such a thing I suppose one would call it a hand deformity.. as cute as he is, I always feel he is uncomfortable holding the lol portion.. :hmm:

جوري
03-09-2009, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
lol I get it now, they are trying to find some kind of religion, in past long ago it used to be trips to ashrams and Himalayas, I must try to keep up with my celeb gossip (no, not really)

you can't miss it, it makes prime time news
Madonna is always in Israel purchasing kabbalah gifts for her fashionably black adopted kid with her pal Britney etc etc

it is actually another reason to get your news from independent sources-- I have unfortunately sat through alot of 'is your pet psychic' and '103 proven methods to trap yourself a man' before converting to other sources!

:w:

AntiKarateKid
03-09-2009, 09:22 PM
you can't miss it, it makes prime time news
Madonna is always in Israel purchasing kabbalah gifts for her fashionably black adopted kid with her pal Britney etc etc

it is actually another reason to get your news from independent sources-- I have unfortunately sat through alot of 'is your pet psychic' and '103 proven methods to trap yourself a man' before converting to other sources!

:w:
My gosh that's SO TRUE it... it hurts my eyes LOLOLOL!

alcurad
03-10-2009, 01:35 AM
isn't that right:), I can't help it sometimes though, it is comic relief, and I did get curious as to how someone could come up with 104 ways to,, meh forget it:)

north_malaysian
03-10-2009, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
nope... the Israeli martial art is called as Krav Maga..

Kabbalah is like Jewish version of Sufism... like doorster said...

doorster
03-10-2009, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
nope... the Israeli martial art is called as Krav Maga..

Kabbalah is like Jewish version of Sufism... like doorster said...
phew!

I was beginning to think that I imagined it all :D

Time
03-10-2009, 03:45 AM
What about brad pitt and jolie and jennifer?

Cabdullahi
03-10-2009, 06:51 AM
^one word: satanists

aamirsaab
03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
:sl:
Anywho back to the topic. My thoughts on the video:

* I thought it was pretty well balanced - he showed view points from muslims agreeing with sharia law and those who disagreed with it.
* It was relevant and up to date
* He went to Leicester
* He spoke with the right people who knew what they were talking about
* He concluded pretty much what I've been saying about sharia law: it is awesome and compatible with UK law (civil side anyway)!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.