/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dealing with a set back

Ummu Sufyaan
03-10-2009, 06:19 AM
:sl:
so you've just received some bad news. really bad news.
for some, when something like this happens, they tend to "shut down" meaning they don't feel like seeing/talking to anyone... being totally alone basically. they dont feel like doing anything either even eating *due to a lack of appetite)...they dont get hungry and if they do eat its just to keep them going, cos they know if they dont, other strange things will happen to them physically...... and even then it's in very small proportions. its not something they choose to do, they just cant help but feel and react like this.
but this isnt the way to deal with something. so what do you advise they do.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Peterwf
03-10-2009, 08:40 AM
During my first wife's illness with cancer and then after her eventual death life was as you say a struggle, all the basic things like eating and washing were a real effort.
Those around me were also grieving and were therefore struggling.

My faith sustained me.

The real turning point was the realisation that I was not supposed to "get over" the loss, but I was to get through the situation.

I will always have in my heart what I have lost, to "get over it" is not acknowledging the importance of what has gone before.

I now have a new wife, and my memories of the past.

miss red
03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I think depression for that is not a disease but nature react as long as it doesn't take mor then a month or 2 but more its sure disease, so that person necessary go to doctor for help.
Also is not a less faith, for the sooraht yosef when his father became blinded for lossing his son i don't know it in english (وابيضت عيناه من الحزن).
So i think it's matter of time, good support and to see the full halve of the glass.

Hope athores help better

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.