/* */

PDA

View Full Version : does my husband HAVE to pray in the mosque every prayer.

innocent
03-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Can he not ever pray with me at home?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
innocent
03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Well?? Anybody?

aadil77
03-14-2009, 04:53 PM
if theres a mosque nearby, he should be praying in jamat

Vito
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM
He is allowed to pray at the house.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nadia85
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM
I think its best 2 pray at the mosque if u got the chance .I would love 2 .

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-14-2009, 07:19 PM
:salamext:

That depends on how close he lives to the masjid, and whether he can hear the adhaan being called:

Ruling for praying at home if the masjid is far away

Question:

I live in a house far from the masjid and I am forced to drive the car to the salaat. And if I walk on foot (to the masjid), then I sometimes miss the salaat (completely). Knowing that I can hear the adhaan over the loud speakers, then if I prayed in my house or prayed with three or four of my neighbours at another house, is this considered a serious matter? Please benefit me. May Allaah reward you with good.

Answer:

The duty on you is that your make salaat with your Muslim brothers in the masjid if you hear the call in your shop naturally, without needing something that amplifies the low and hard to hear sounds. Then if you are distant and you do not hear the sound of the call (adhaan) without the sound being amplified, then it becomes permissible for you to pray in your house or with some of your neighbours.

And it is established from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) who said to a blind man who asked for permission to pray in his house: “Do you hear the call to prayer?” He said: ‘Yes’ He (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: “Respond to it”. (Collected by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh)

And his saying (صلى الله عليه وسلم): “Whoever heard the call (adhaan) and he did not come to it (the prayer), then there is no prayer for him except with an excuse”. (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, ad-Daraqutni, Ibn Hibbaan, and al-Haakim with a Saheeh chain)

And when you answer the muaddhin and you are distant and you endured the hardship on your feet or in the car, then there is a goodness for you and it is preferred and Allaah will write in your records that you went to the masjid and returned from it with sincerity and correct intention.

And it is established from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم): He said to a man whose house was far from al-Masjid an-Nabawi and he never missed the prayer (in congregation) with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم). It was said to him: If you were to buy a donkey you could ride upon it in the dark nights and in the burning sand. He said: I do not like my house to be situated by the side of the masjid, for I (eagerly) desire that my steps towards the masjid and back from it, should be recorded when I return to my family. Upon this the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: “Allaah has gathered all (rewards) for you”. (Collected by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh)

Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz

Kitaab ad-Da'wah, Volume Two, Question 103

Source

seeker-of-light
03-14-2009, 10:14 PM
good explanation, however if he lives far from the mosque, like i do, then i would say not. it would be ok for him to pray at home^_^

innocent
03-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Well we dont live far from masjid but we definitely dont live close enough to hear the adhan.

Javba
03-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Sisters and Brothers in Deen,
Salaams,
I think there should be some middle ground, however Allah and Rasul know better.
Each person has to do what he can do, and answer for himself.
Ofcourse you have a detailed answer above, but :
1- In most conditions it is preferable to pray in Mosque.
2- Those who live far - get more Sawab to go to Mosque than those who are close.
3- It is possible to do Jamaat @ home - even with 2 people - so he could go to mosque and sometimes pray at home.
Indeed it is a blessing to be able to go to Mosque to pray.
Jazaak Allah for reading this far.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.