/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What happens after death?

tahmid1993
03-10-2009, 10:59 PM
After people are buried do they go straight to heaven or hell?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
03-10-2009, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tahmid1993
:sl:

No one but Allah has the answer to that...

The question is very vague though....

doorster
03-10-2009, 11:53 PM
general/134279388-

seeking-knowledge/134279108-

RAYN
03-16-2009, 07:32 PM
After death then we go to the grave. Angels will ask questions regarding our life-

Who is your Lord?
What is your religion?
Who is this man (prophet Muhammad pbuh) who was sent among you?

After the grave then we are risen again on the day of judgement.

After judgement then we either go to heaven, hell, or a place in between.

Allah knows better.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
doorster
03-19-2009, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RAYN
After death then we go to the grave. Angels will ask questions regarding our life-

Who is your Lord?
What is your religion?
Who is this man (prophet Muhammad pbuh) who was sent among you?

After the grave then we are risen again on the day of judgement.

After judgement then we either go to heaven, hell, or a place in between.

Allah knows better.
could you explain a little more please e.g. who goes to a place "in between" and why?

Yanal
03-19-2009, 01:43 AM
What brother Mikayeel has said is true in a way but also it's known that angels come and ask you a series of questions and depending on what your soul replies you get determined he'll or heaven. If he'll you will get tortured till the day of judgement .

Muhammad
03-19-2009, 07:44 PM

From the time a person dies until he is resurrected, he remains in a suspended state known in Arabic as the 'Barzakh' (Lit. a partition).

(In Falsehood will they be) Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: "O my Lord! send me back (to life),-

"In order that I may work righteousness in the things I neglected." - "By no means! It is but a word he says."- Before them is a Partition (Barzakh) till the Day they are raised up.

Qur'an 23: 99-100

So al-barzakh is the period between a person's death and his resurrection on the Day of Resurrection. Whoever dies as a Muslim, obeying Allaah, will be in a blessed state, and whoever dies as a kaafir, disobeying Allaah, will be punished.

A detailed account of what happens to the soul after death has been mentioned below:
The soul of the deceased is taken from the ends of the toes towards the top of the body, and when it reaches the throat, the death rattle sounds in the throat of the person who is about to die, and his eyes glaze over and roll upwards. Um Salamah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered upon Abu Salamah (after he had died) and his eyes were open, so he closed them then said, ‘When the soul is taken, the eyes follow it.’” (Reported by Muslim, 1528).

The soul is met by the angels. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The angels met the soul of a man from among the people who came before you, and said, ‘Did you do anything good?’ He said, 'I used to tell my employees to postpone collection of payment or to let off anyone who was in difficulty.’ So it was said, ‘Let him off.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 1935).

The soul is taken up to heaven by two angels after it is taken (i.e., after a person dies), as was reported in the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah who said: “When the soul of the believer is taken, it is met by two angels who take it up…” (The narrator said: then he mentioned its good fragrance and scent of musk). The people of heaven say, ‘A good soul that has come from earth, may Allaah bless you and the body in which you used to dwell. Then they take it up to its Lord, may He be glorified and exalted, then He says, ‘Roam with it until the end of the world.’ When the disbeliever’s soul comes out… (the narrator mentioned its putrid smell and curses). The people of heaven say, ‘An evil soul that has come from earth,’ then it is said, ‘Roam with it until the end of the world.’ Abu Hurayrah said: then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) put a piece of cloth over his nose, like this. (Reported by Muslim, 5119).

More information about how the soul comes out (at death) was reported in the hadeeth of Imaam Ahmad (may Allaah have mercy on him) from al-Bara’ ibn ‘Aazib who said: “We went out with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for the funeral of a man from among the Ansaar, and we reached the grave whilst it was still being dug. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sat down and we sat down around him, and it was as if we had birds on our heads. In his hand was a stick with which he was scratching in the earth. He raised his head and said, ‘Seek refuge with Allaah from the punishment of the grave,’ two or three times. Then he said, ‘Verily, when the believing slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him angels from heaven with white faces, as if their faces are the sun. They bring with them one of the shrouds of Paradise and some of the perfume of Paradise. They sit with him as far as the eye can see. Then the Angel of Death (peace be upon him) comes to him and sits by his head and says, ‘O pure soul, come out to the forgiveness and pleasure of Allaah.’ Then his soul comes flowing out like a drop of water flowing from a cup. Then he takes the soul, and no sooner does he seize it but they take it and place it in that shroud and perfume. Then out of it comes the most excellent fragrance of musk to be found on the face of the earth. Then they ascend with it and they do not pass by any group of angels but the angels ask, ‘Who is this pure soul?’ and they reply, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so’ – using the best names by which he was known on earth. Then they bring it to the lowest heaven, and ask for it to be opened, and it is opened for him. Those who are of high rank in each heaven accompany it until they approach the next heaven, and so it goes until it reaches the seventh heaven. Then Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says: ‘Record the book of My slave in ‘Illiyoon (the highest heaven) and take him back to the earth, for I created them from it, and I shall return them to it, then I shall take them out from it again.’ Then his soul is returned to his body and two angels come and make him sit up, and ask him, ‘Who is your Lord.’ He says, ‘Allaah.’ They ask, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘My religion is Islam.’ They ask, ‘Who is this man that was sent amongst you?’ He says, ‘He is the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him.’ They ask him, ‘What knowledge do you have?’ He says, 'I read the Book of Allaah and I believed in it.’ Then a voice will call out from heaven, ‘My slave has spoken the truth. Prepare for him a bed from Paradise and give him clothes from Paradise, and open for him a door to Paradise.’ And he will feel its breeze and smell its fragrance, and his grave will be widened for him as far as his eye can see. Then a man with a handsome face, beautiful clothes and a pleasant fragrance will come to him and say, ‘Good news! This is the day that you were promised.’ He will say, ‘Who are you? You face looks as if it brings good news.’ He will say, 'I am your good deeds.’ (The deceased) will say, ‘O Lord, let the Hour come so that I may see my family and my wealth again.’

When the disbelieving slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him angels from heaven with black faces, bringing with them sackcloth. They sit with him as far as the eye can see. Then the Angel of Death comes to him and sits by his head and says, ‘O evil soul, come out to the wrath and anger of Allaah.’ Then his soul disperses in his body and is dragged out like a skewer being pulled out of wet wool. Then he takes the soul, and no sooner does he seize it but they take it and place it in that sackcloth. Then out of it comes the most putrid stench of rotten flesh to be found on the face of the earth. Then they ascend with it and they do not pass by any group of angels but the angels ask, ‘Who is this evil soul?’ and they reply, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so’ – using the worst names by which he was known on earth. Then they bring it to the lowest heaven, and ask for it to be opened, and it is not opened for him.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited (interpretation of the meaning): “… For them the gates of heaven will not be opened, and they will not enter Paradise until the camel goes through the eye of the needle” [al-A’raaf 7:40]. Then he said, “Then Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says: ‘Record the book of My slave in Sijjeen (the lowest Hell) in the lowest earth. Then his soul is cast down.” Then he recited (interpretation of the meaning): “… and whoever assigns partners to Allaah, it is as if he had fallen from the sky, and the birds had snatched him, or the wind had thrown him to a far off place.” [al-Hajj 22:31]. He said, “Then his soul is returned to his body and two angels come and make him sit up, and ask him, ‘Who is your Lord.’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ They ask, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ They ask, ‘Who is this man that was sent amongst you?’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ Then a voice will call out from heaven, ‘He is lying. Prepare for him a bed from Hell and open for him a door to Hell.’ And he will feel its hot winds and smell its stench, and his grave will be constricted for him until his ribs interlock. Then a man with an ugly face, ugly clothes and a horrible stench will come to him and say, ‘Bad news! This is the day that you were warned about.’ He will say, ‘Who are you? You face looks as if it brings bad news.’ He will say, 'I am your evil deeds.’ (The deceased) will say, ‘O Lord, do not let the Hour come!’” (Musnad al-Imaam Ahmad, 17803; this is a saheeh hadeeth).

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/4395
For more information about the questioning in the grave, please see:
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10403

May Allaah (swt) protect us all from the punishment of the grave and keep us firm at the time of our questioning, Aameen!

:w:

Muhammad
03-20-2009, 02:26 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
could you explain a little more please e.g. who goes to a place "in between" and why?
I think the brother is referring to Al-A'raaf, which has been mentioned in the Qur'an in soorah Al-A'raaf: 46-49.

In Tafseer Ibn Katheer, it says,
...Mujahid said, "Al-A`raf is a barrier between Paradise and the Fire, a wall that has a gate.''...

Ibn Jarir recorded that Hudhayfah was asked about the people of Al-A`raf and he said, "A people whose good and bad deeds are equal. Their evil deeds prevented them from qualifying to enter Paradise, and their good deeds qualified them to avoid the Fire. Therefore, they are stopped there on the wall until Allah judges them.''...

http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=7&tid=17903
More information below:
If believers die believing in Allaah but having committed sins less than major shirk that puts a person beyond the pale of Islam, one of two scenarios may apply:

1 – they repented from those sins during their lives [...]

2 – Those who die without having repented from their sins, or whose repentance was imperfect and did not meet the required conditions, or their repentance was not accepted. What is proven in the verses of the Qur’aan and the Sunnah of the Prophet, and on which the righteous salaf was agreed is that these – the sinners among those who believe in Tawheed (the oneness of Allaah) – fall into three categories:
The first category: People who have many hasanaat (good deeds) to their credit, which outweigh these sayi’aat (bad deeds). Allaah will forgive them for their bad deeds and admit them to Paradise [...]

The second category: people whose hasanaat and sayi’aat are equal, so their sayi’aat are enough to keep them away from Paradise, but their hasanaat are enough to save them from Hell. These are the people of al-A’raaf (a wall with elevated places) whom Allaah says will stand between Paradise and Hell as long as Allaah wills, then they will be granted permission to enter Paradise, as Allaah says after telling us of the entrance of the people of Paradise to Paradise and the people of Hell to Hell. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And between them will be a (barrier) screen and on Al-A‘raaf (a wall with elevated places) will be men (whose good and evil deeds would be equal in Scale), who would recognise all (of the Paradise and Hell people), by their marks (the dwellers of Paradise by their white faces and the dwellers of Hell by their black faces). And they will call out to the dwellers of Paradise, ‘Salaamun ‘Alaykum’ (peace be on you), and at that time they (men on Al-A‘raaf) will not yet have entered it (Paradise), but they will hope to enter (it) with certainty.

And when their eyes will be turned towards the dwellers of the Fire, they will say: ‘Our Lord! Place us not with the people who are Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers).’

And the men on Al-A‘raaf (the wall) will call unto the men whom they would recognise by their marks, saying: ‘Of what benefit to you were your great numbers (and hoards of wealth), and your arrogance (against Faith)?’

Are they those, of whom you swore that Allaah would never show them mercy. (Behold! It has been said to them): ‘Enter Paradise, no fear shall be on you, nor shall you grieve’” [al-A’raaf 7:46-49]
The third category: People who will meet Allaah persisting in committing major sins and acts of immorality, so their sayi’aat will outweigh their hasanaat [...]
Read full answer here: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/9924
And Allaah (swt) knows best.

doorster
03-20-2009, 02:44 PM
walaikum salam

jazakAllah khair
will stand between Paradise and Hell as long as Allah wills, then they will be granted permission to enter Paradise
this is what I wanted him to say (which is similar to my belief that every sinner who is a believer will be forgiven after due punishment) otherwise it looks permanent like the Zoroastrian "in-between" place

Yanal
06-27-2009, 01:37 PM
:salamext:
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID

Put that in your browser and check the reply which is to long to Quote into here.The hereafter section has it.

Gubbleknucker
06-27-2009, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tahmid1993
They don't go anywhere. Dig one up and you'll see what I mean.

believeByHEART.
06-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by tahmid1993

They don't go anywhere. Dig one up and you'll see what I mean.

------------------

LOL- im sure my brother didnt mean in a physical way of the body being taken physically out of the grave.

i will answer the question however, no.
i dont have any quotes so dont go funny on me because i haven't 'backed' it up with evidence, but im sure my brothers & sisters will help me out with that xD

when in your grave you are visited by two angels in which ask you what your faith is and who is your prophet. If you were good in life you will be preceded by light faced angels however if you wasnt you will be preceded by angels with dark faces. You will learn of where you will go to by waiting till the day of judgement in your grave where you are judged by Allah.

its abit vague ^ but im here getting knowledge for myself too.
but it is the basis of the start of the hereafter. (:

Gubbleknucker
06-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Ok, so you mean the soul goes.

believeByHEART.
06-27-2009, 09:54 PM
yes the soul which is us as a 'person'.
but i take you dont believe in that no?
that we are just like robots maybe that dont have a purpose here and popped out of no where on to a little planet called Earth and then we live our lives and when we die-

we becoming nothing. dust.

?

Yanal
07-04-2009, 02:12 AM
This might erase doubts insh'Allah: http://www.islamicboard.com/hereafte...ave.html(first night in the grave)

Daniyal32
06-24-2012, 03:49 AM
Jazakallah Brother I have learned many things in this forum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.