/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asking for Allah's forgiveness

Amat Allah
03-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Asking for Allah's forgiveness

1. Shaddad b. Aws reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "The best supplication for forgiveness is to say, `Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Khalaqtani wa ana `abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa' dika mastata'tu. A'udhu bika min sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u laka bini'matika `alayya wa abu'u laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfirudhdhunuba illa anta (O Allah, You are my Lord, there is no god but You. You created me and I am Your servant, and I try my best to keep my covenant (faith) with You and to live in the hope of Your promise. I seek refuge in You from evil done by me. I acknowledge Your favors upon me and I acknowledge my sins. So forgive me for none forgives sins but You."`) The Prophet, peace be upon him, added, "If somebody recites this during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be one of the people of Paradise. And if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be one of the people of Paradise." (Reported in Bukhari and reported by Buraydah ibn al-Hasib in Abu Dawud, #5052)

Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, #115.

2. Ali (r) reported that when the Prophet (s) prayed, the last thing he would say between the tashahud and the tasleem was, "O Allah, forgive my past and later sins, what was in private and what was in public, and what I have been extravagant in. You are more knowledgeable of it than I. You are the Promoter and the Retarder. There is no god except You." (Related by Muslim.)

Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 1, #161

3. Abdullah ibn `Amr reported that Abu Bakr said to the Messenger of Allah, "Teach me a supplication that I may use in my prayers." He told him, "Say, O Allah, I have wronged my soul a great wrong and no one forgives sins except You, so forgive me with such forgiveness that only comes from You and have mercy on me. Verily, You are the Oft-Forgiving, the Oft-Merciful. " (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

4. Handhalah ibn `Ali said that Muhjan ibn al-Adra' related to him that the Prophet entered the mosque while a man was just about to finish his prayer. The latter made the tashahud and said, "O Allah, I am asking You, O Allah, the One, the Only, the Absolute, who begets nor is begotten, nor is anyone like Him, to forgive my sins, for You are the Forgiving, the Merciful." The Prophet then said three times, "He has been forgiven." (Related by Ahmad and Abu Dawud.)

writer: Brother Anas

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sirajstc
03-11-2009, 03:50 AM
Great post Jaza kalla kahair 4 sharing with us :)

Ameen May Allah increase our imaaan up and up:) AMeeenn

Amat Allah
03-12-2009, 02:59 AM
jazaka Allah khairan my respected brother and may Allah fill our hearts with Iman Taqwa his love and rememberance Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen

Fahiima
03-12-2009, 04:09 AM
masha allah may allah forgives our sins ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amat Allah
03-12-2009, 04:17 AM
Jazaki Allah khairan my precious sister Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.