/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are muslim women alowed to touch other muslim men?

Trulsdd
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi!

I'm having a discussion with my family about hijab use in the police, which is a big issue in Norway atm. They say "Muslim women should not be allowed to be police, they are not alowed to touch other men!" Is this wrong?! I'm nearly 100% sure it's wrong, but need this to be confirmed by a muslim!

I'll continue fighting for hijab in the policeforce here in Norway! :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
03-11-2009, 05:02 PM
In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Salaam/peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Trulsdd
"Muslim women should not be allowed to be police, they are not alowed to touch other men!"
yes , both men & women must keep a safe distance from each other . But we do need women Police officers .

Many culprits are women & they must be guarded by women police , must be in custody of women police. Introducing Hijab will encourage many women to take the job . Thanks for your effort.

Zahida
03-11-2009, 07:07 PM
:sl: Hmmmmmmmm this isry good question. This is why Islam allows a woman an education, because we need female, doctors nurses etc etc to attend to our affairs.................

When i was in Makkah in 1996 a woman had stolen something from a gold shop, there was a big hoo haa!!!!! Anyway they did not touch her the shop owner locked the doors and called the police and female police officers arrived to the scene of the crime..............

Anyway this is something that you would need to discuss with a scholar. Good luck and well done to you with your choice of profession. Ameen.:bump1::w:

S_87
03-12-2009, 12:39 PM
if youre asking about the toucihng: muslim men cannot touch a muslim woman who is not a 'mahram' to them. a mahram is a womans father, brother, son, grandfather, nephew, paternal and maternal uncles etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Thinker
03-12-2009, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trulsdd
Hi!

I'll continue fighting for hijab in the policeforce here in Norway! :D
Why is an aethiests (which is how you describe yourself) fighting for the use of the hijab?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.