/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Role of Youth in Islam

Khalisah
03-11-2009, 08:14 PM
:sl:
I am doing an essay on this topic, however struggling to find articles on this topic, can anyone help?
Also Any ideas which could help with the essay would be much appreciated!?
How would you all go about an essay like this?
Been a while since I have been in the education scene:embarrass

JazakhAllah in advance
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
03-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Khalisah;

If you are living in a western country, you might talk about all the advantages of not taking alcohol because of health, violence and crime. There is so much research done on the evil of drinking.
You might also talk about Islam and family values, so much of the western world’s problems are down to the breakup of families, casual relationships, immodesty and little community support.

You might also talk about having the courage and faith to live a faithful life and be a role model to those around you.

In the spirit of searching for God.

Eric

Peterwf
03-12-2009, 12:59 PM
In the UK there is a system of "Youth Councils", these are non-religious, which are a way of young people having a voice in local matters.
It might be worth a look at the sort of projects they do and draw a comparison as to how these actually meet(or not) the needs of young people.
Then taking this further to see how these relate to Muslim youth.

Khalisah
03-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Does anyone know any useful lectures regarding this topic? I have only managed to find short clips of advice for youth on youtube, but nothing about their role, or even biographies about the young companions and their role....please help?
:sl: and thank you!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
03-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Sorry I don't have any trusted resources.

Woodrow
03-13-2009, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalisah
Does anyone know any useful lectures regarding this topic? I have only managed to find short clips of advice for youth on youtube, but nothing about their role, or even biographies about the young companions and their role....please help?
:sl: and thank you!

A few sources for ideas. I hope these will be of help Inshallah

http://www.muslimyouthmagazine.com/

http://www.jannah.org/mamalist/Youth/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.