/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No regret, but know it is wrong

anonymous
03-12-2009, 10:13 AM
:salamext:

i have self harmed lots of times, and yesterday i tried to suicide by taking an overdose. i know it is wrong i know that i shouldnt be doing it but it is like my mind knows it is wrong but my heart does not feel any regret

example: my mind knows its wrong to listen to music, and sometimes my heart feels regret that i do it and i ask for forgiveness. but i've tried everything to make me feel regret for the above stupid thing i do, but alas, no regret.

how do i feel this brothers and sisters, please advice me. i have tried to listen to heart moving recitations of the quran, but it does not instill the same fear as it used to :(

my heart has hardened, my imaan dropping to a low level, and all hope feels lost...:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
anyone? this is sort of urgent... unless you want to see a fellow Muslim in hell :(

nadia85
03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:salamext:

i have self harmed lots of times, and yesterday i tried to suicide by taking an overdose. i know it is wrong i know that i shouldnt be doing it but it is like my mind knows it is wrong but my heart does not feel any regret

example: my mind knows its wrong to listen to music, and sometimes my heart feels regret that i do it and i ask for forgiveness. but i've tried everything to make me feel regret for the above stupid thing i do, but alas, no regret.

how do i feel this brothers and sisters, please advice me. i have tried to listen to heart moving recitations of the quran, but it does not instill the same fear as it used to :(

my heart has hardened, my imaan dropping to a low level, and all hope feels lost...:cry:
salam well I not sure what 2 say .well I will just speack from experince as I used 2 self harm alot b4 but I am ok now ,what helped me was sorting my life out ,what made me self harm was my life and the way it was going.If u need 2 ask me anything please do cause not sure what ekse 2 say:peace:

anonymous
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
how did u feel regret for what you did? self harm?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nadia85
03-12-2009, 12:31 PM
how did u feel regret for what you did? self harm?
I do regret it but at that time alot of bad things in my life where happeing couldnt controll it was my only way out

nadia85
03-12-2009, 12:38 PM
btw have u spoken 2 some1 about it ???what triggers u 2 do this?? what u feel b4 and when and after it happens??

IbnAbdulHakim
03-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Pray a lot

make dhikr a lot

seek refuge in Allaah !

im serious

DO THIS DONT IGNORE MY ADVICE !

nadia85
03-12-2009, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
Pray a lot

make dhikr a lot

seek refuge in Allaah !

im serious

DO THIS DONT IGNORE MY ADVICE !
yess brother ur very correct :peace:

alcurad
03-12-2009, 12:53 PM
why are you self harming in the first place? find out that, then deal with it.
relieving stress and emotional pain by hacking and slashing yourself isn't exactly going to take it away, it's only making it worse at that, there are real ways to deal with such matters, seek professional counseling, join a website where people who have had your experience or are going through it meet and talk, etc..

nadia85
03-12-2009, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
why are you self harming in the first place? find out that, then deal with it.
relieving stress and emotional pain by hacking and slashing yourself isn't exactly going to take it away, it's only making it worse at that, there are real ways to deal with such matters, seek professional counseling, join a website where people who have had your experience or are going through it meet and talk, etc..
It doesnt help but at the time it does unless u have selfed harm it s hard 2 understand:smile:

Ummu Sufyaan
03-13-2009, 01:31 AM
:sl:
what do you hope to achieve with suicide? dont forget that there's an aakhirah. how do you know that what awaits you on the other side is good news? why do you want to speed to that?
fear allah, and do not despair. seek change in prayer (dua) and patience. cultivate the little iman you've got...
associate with those who do good... listen to the quran/lectures, etc...just build your iman up even if its by doing the most tiniest of deeds and being consistent in them...

anonymous
03-13-2009, 02:55 PM
i'm ok...i feel a bit calmer...and regret is starting to kick in...alhamdulillah...

nadia85
03-13-2009, 03:04 PM
i'm ok...i feel a bit calmer...and regret is starting to kick in...alhamdulillah...
May Allah swt help u ,Rember he s always there for u me every1:thumbs_up:D

AntiKarateKid
03-13-2009, 03:35 PM

You just need to relax man. Struggle through life and do good deeds then theres an eternity of paradise for you.

Would you give me a dollar if I told you Id give you a billion back? Yes you would. So just keep cool and persevere. I dont think you want to burn in hell for an eternity just because you feel no regret right now.

anonymous
03-13-2009, 03:37 PM
actually, i wouldnt give you the dollar cause i have no interest in money alhamdulillah

AntiKarateKid
03-13-2009, 03:50 PM
actually, i wouldnt give you the dollar cause i have no interest in money alhamdulillah

Thats good but
It was a metaphor lol.

A few years of struggle now is insignificant compared to the reward in the after life later.

anonymous
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
meh

AntiKarateKid
03-13-2009, 03:59 PM
meh
meh.

I used to go through this phase when I was in junior high. No self harm but definitely depressed.

Give it some time man. We all get burnt out sometimes and just need to recuperate.

In some of my meh phases, Id be in the shower and start thinking then get this urge to be a better Muslim again.

Al-Zaara
03-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Aleykum selam,

Your heart seems to be in the right place and you care for your religion. But do remember suicide is condemned in your religion, in your belief.

You shouldn't be wondering why you don't regret after listening to music, but how to stop harming yourself. Have you searched for professional help?

I know I say this in many threads, but people think too high of themselves too often. You are strong even though somebody helps you. You shouldn't be handling things all by yourself if you always end up in the same position.
Allah is there even though you speak to someone else and this person helps you. You're not out of Islam if you go and search for someone quallified and who can watch for you. InshaAllah you'll find the courage and determination to do this, tell someone or go for yourself call for help from professionals.

Faseeha
03-13-2009, 08:10 PM
:sl:

Firstly, there is no quick solution to this problem, as many other members have suggested, professional help is one of the routes to changing what you're doing!

Secondly, there is a reason for what you are doing, no one decides to cut themselves or over dose just for the fun of it. You've got to find the reason for your suicidal attempts, it could be problems which you are going through at the moment, if that is the case then you'll find the cause of your actions, if you aren't going through anything at the moment, then the reason will be subconscious, and this will be much harder to deal with.

Depending on the type of person you are, you could overcome and deal with this on your own, doing that isn't really simple, so I would advise you to see a counselor or psychologist.

You are in a very dark and gloomy place right now, and you may not be able to see a way out, but remember there have been many who've been in similar situations, and managed to get through it. After you overcome this phase in your life (Insha'Allah you will) you'll be much stronger, and you'll appreciate the beauty of life much more!

May Allah ease your pains and make things easier for you

:w:

Tony
03-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Peace. how you get your rep to be 0. I would like this also, can reps be turned of permanantly. stop harming Allahs creation my friend, that flesh is on loan nd needs only one carefull owner when returned. Peace and blessings

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.