/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shoe-throwing Iraqi journalist sentenced to 3 years in prison

Eric H
03-12-2009, 05:35 PM
This sounds like crazy justice, the shoes did not even connect.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The_Prince
03-12-2009, 10:37 PM
maybe he will get off on appeal, and this is just a message.

Musaafirah
03-12-2009, 10:39 PM
The dude needs to be freed. The punishment doesn't fit the crime...Then again, there is no justice is there?...

Eric H
03-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Prince;
maybe he will get off on appeal, and this is just a message
If George Bush had any real sense of justice, he should get the man released.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
coddles76
03-13-2009, 04:25 AM
The guy was purely expressing his views of the injustice that was caused to the innocent lives massacred and in return this is what he gets. I say he is brave for standing up to injustice and inhuman practices.

Whatsthepoint
03-13-2009, 02:10 PM
He did attack a foreign diginitary..
Well, 3 years in prison is much to much, I'd give him a few hours of community service and a restraining order.

cihad
03-13-2009, 07:08 PM
ridiculous

Al-Zaara
03-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Hahaha, 3 years in prison for throwing a shoe? Here in Finland it ain't even equal to raping or even killing in some cases.

Keltoi
03-17-2009, 02:44 PM
It was more of an insult to the Iraqi government than it was to Bush. Bush doesn't care. If someone threw a shoe at a foreign leader while on an official state visit to the U.S., the punishment would be severe. Maybe not three years in prison, but not a slap on the wrist either.

Muezzin
03-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Even though this particlular story is all over the place, it would be nice for someone to provide a link.

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Maybe not three years in prison, but not a slap on the wrist either.
Nike to the face, perhaps?

Kafir
03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
The fact that this VERY just man received three years in prison for dealing to Bush the VERY LEAST he DESERVES, is just horrid. It goes to show what puppets the Iraqi government is of the USA. I wish there was something I could do. I'm wringing my hands here at the PC.

I have picketed this war for 8 years, signed numerous petitions, went to rallies, raised money, tried to do so much to help end what the USA was doing and I knew the entire time it wouldn't matter. The people in my country are asleep at the wheel, and it seems around the world as well. Its heart breaking :(

Khalil_Allah
03-18-2009, 05:35 AM
IA maybe the guy will get an easy-going prison where he can pray and read a lot of Qur'an.

I just can't believe he missed both times.... lol

Eric H
03-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Keltoi;
Maybe not three years in prison, but not a slap on the wrist either
I agree, keep the man's shoes, that will teach him a lesson.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric

Whatsthepoint
03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalil_Allah
IA maybe the guy will get an easy-going prison where he can pray and read a lot of Qur'an.

I just can't believe he missed both times.... lol
He didn't miss, Bush dodged it!

MO783
03-18-2009, 12:36 PM
:sl:

Shame on the Iraqi goverment, he should be freed, I hope people protest

Gator
03-18-2009, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Too much soccer and not enough baseball in Iraq! Should have led bush more.

Punishment is way too much though I guess they want to discourage such behavior. A few weeks and then probation max.

Khalil_Allah
03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Ok, I feel the same way about Bush as the majority, but come on... that was like Matrix skillz. :blind:

AntiKarateKid
03-18-2009, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kafir
The fact that this VERY just man received three years in prison for dealing to Bush the VERY LEAST he DESERVES, is just horrid. It goes to show what puppets the Iraqi government is of the USA. I wish there was something I could do. I'm wringing my hands here at the PC.

I have picketed this war for 8 years, signed numerous petitions, went to rallies, raised money, tried to do so much to help end what the USA was doing and I knew the entire time it wouldn't matter. The people in my country are asleep at the wheel, and it seems around the world as well. Its heart breaking :(
Much respect for that.

nocturnal
03-19-2009, 12:40 PM
One of the most profound problems facing the resistance collectively in Iraq is this crippling factionalism which is decimating them politically and costing them credibility. Whether it's Al Sadr or Abd al Aziz al Hakim's parliamentary blocs, they should, together with all the other resistance movements irrespective of religious affiliation coalesce around the unifying call to eject the occupation forces from Iraq.

That's probably the reason Al Maliki is still holding office, it's not just American support, but the fragmentation of the resistance that is spiltting the popular vote. They need to produce a common manifesto centred on reconstruction of Iraq but contingent on withdrawal of occupation forces. The Iraqi electorate knows that such a splintered opposition avidly pursuing its own interests won't achieve anything, perhaps thats how Al Maliki is retaining the so called "popular mandate".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.