/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Expecting from Allah

AnonymousPoster
03-12-2009, 05:56 PM
:sl:

I just got my exam results and I've messed up big time, I might not get into Uni etc. Over the past few months I've felt like giving up and not studying as theres soo much other problems going on around me, I just wanted to die or hope that a huge sign of qiyama happens to set me straight or cause worldwide Jihad or something. But I didn't give up hope and kept patient, kept trying, kept praying for success etc.

But one thing I would do was to not expect anything from Allah so I could avoid dissapointment. now I just wanted to know if this is the right attitude carry on with? I keep hope that I will do well, but then I don't expect anything from Allah, incase I screw up then get punished through my results and get dissapointed. So is the right attitude?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TrueStranger
03-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I always expect the best from Allah and expect the worst from myself.

You should try it.

Snowflake
03-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Allah's creation not expecting anything from Him is like a child not expecting it's cries to be heard by its mother. If a mother can't ignore her child's needs, will Allah, who loves us 70 times more than her ignore us? :cry:

You must change you attitude and expect help from Allah alone.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
if you cant expect from Allaah, you cant expect from anyone

Allah is the ONLY one who doesnt dissappoint in the long run!

if you think youve been let down, the flaw is in your foresight!!!!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
03-13-2009, 03:46 PM
:sl:
Jazakh'Allah brothers and sisters for the advice. The problem with me is that I always mess up at the wrong crucial times and this has a huge toll on things i'm trying to achieve in life. This always happens and now I've gotten into this bad habit of not expecting anything in the first place so I don't get too dissapointed. I don't know what to do, I don't know how I can expect things that I want from Allah when I'm such a bad person and always let him and myself down.

I can't rely on myself to stay straight anymore, its the same things over and over again that I mess up over, I'm not ovin forward and I just want a way out of this world. I feel the longer I stay here, the worse things are gonna get for me.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-13-2009, 03:58 PM
^ the answer lies in increasing worship and abstaining from evil

this includes both habits and company.

Assalamu Alaikum

aadil77
03-13-2009, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=TrueStranger;1110370]I always expect the best from Allah and expect the worst from myself.

lol

AnonymousPoster
03-13-2009, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
I always expect the best from Allah and expect the worst from myself.

You should try it.
How can you expect the best from Allah when you expect yourself to do bad bad things? I'd personally feel ashamed and unworthy, if theres something i'm missing in me someone please point it out. I need help

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.