/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself

nadia85
03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
when u join a forum and then post a introduce yourself If u do not got any repsonse or not much would it put u off??Does how other members respond to ur introudction give u a opion of the forum??and does it effect if u stay on there?? thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BintAbee
03-13-2009, 02:47 PM
:sl:

Now just imagine if no one replied to this thread you made. wouldn't you be a bit disappointed and feel that you are being ignored? When you enter a place and you don't know anyone don't you just wait for that 1 person to come up and reply to your salaam and welcome you? Ofcourse I would want people to respond, even if its just 1 person. The way they respond doesn't actually tell me there personality. i'll have to read more of their other posts to know this. When I joined, I really waited for a reply coz this as my first forum n i wasn't sure if i was doing the right thing or not. If no one replied, i'd say I wouldn't quit the forum, i'll just go and post in some thread that interests me. I don't think people with intentionally ignore you for no reason.

Oh my, that was some looooong explanation. Hope i didn't tire u out n hope i answered ur question :)

:w:

NIKKY
03-13-2009, 03:14 PM
av jst joined this forum today...if no one had replied to my intro i fink id be well put off... but lucky for me some did reply...and lucky for u am not at all put off....!lol
if no one replies to u, you tend to feel left out. i dont fink u shoud leave..you shoud get in there and help urself...! then others will notice u n comment.

Vito
03-13-2009, 04:16 PM
My main purpose of coming here was to learn and possibly give advice of my own or just have a little fun with some posts so, it really wouldn't have bothered me. I wouldn't let something like this get to you to be honest. I think its safe to say the majority of people probably don't even visit that section but, I could be wrong.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
03-13-2009, 04:20 PM
It wouldn't bother me in the least if no one replied. I'm on a forum not for people to say hello to me, but to participate in the discussions in different threads.
Of course if people reply and say hello it would be nice, but I wouldn't leave the forum or get upset if that didn't happen.

جوري
03-13-2009, 04:26 PM
I used introduce yourself well after having been here a while,. basically because I wasn't familiar with all the sections -- I am not very computer savvy, and it took me a while to venture into other sections lol.. I started on a post I had found through web search and it was long abandoned so I suppose it is like when someone comes and breathes life into a post long dead and everyone else wonders why..
I didn't receive a response to that post and the section it was on I believe the akhira section seemed all but abandoned .. so I thought the forum was dead.. but then I found world's affairs and the rest as they say was history...

p.s I have long sense abandoned world affairs on this forum too, given my H-Pylori and all too occasional heart burn =)

Imam
03-13-2009, 04:38 PM
:sl:

how members respond to my posts is the only way to give me initial opinion not only of some of the members of the forum but also opinion of myself ... This forum helped me lots to find out what non-Arabic speakers (Mulsims ) would need to know,and how to approach them .....and the way Moderators deal with the posts and threads is the only way to give me opinion of the moderators....

and I never forget the fact ..... the person behind the monitor is not neccesarily the same person in real....

Danah
03-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I voted for maybe...........I think it depend on the place.
mainly I came here to gain knowledge and I was not expecting that much from people here because I was looking at the other introduction threads and I did not see that much replies on them...

so I was not that eager to get responses, but I think people replies even if there were very few replies do matter

Tony
03-13-2009, 09:07 PM
the statistics of this poll are bizzare. 3 of 4 responses are 27.7

Musaafirah
03-13-2009, 09:14 PM
^^Well, I've changed the percentage...Dayang!
Ummm, no I don't really remember whether or not I was bothered. I don't think I was. I joined a few weeks after I found the forum and wasn't really active to begin with. Simply because I'm not too good with all the forummy type things.
There's a lot of sections on here I still haven't checked out and well, no I don't think I'd be put off if hardly anyone replied. I'm really bad with welcoming people. Don't think I've welcomed many people, just because I don't check that section out or anything unless an introduction post happens to be in the top 5 stats.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.