/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sisters only please -Private issues

anonymous
03-13-2009, 06:28 PM
:salamext:

Ok the last couple of days...I've been gettin' brown discharge...I think I'm due on my peroid for a couple of days but I'm getting really wrried bout this 'cos i've never got it b4. I woz wondering can you pray and stuff when you get this? The discharge is continous just lyk when ur on ur period except it's brown. I've carried on praying and stuff but now i'm wondering if i shouldnt be?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zahida
03-13-2009, 10:27 PM
:sl: This is quite common, however you should not be praying or reading namaaz whilst you are like this.

Anything bleeding discharge that lasts over 10 days is not considered as your period.

Lastly get some medical advice.:w::bump1:

AnonymousPoster
03-14-2009, 02:31 AM
:sl: sis,
It could be ovulation spotting. It could be the start of your period. If you are married, it could be implantation bleeding (pregnant). There are many things it could be. If it is out of the norm, then continue praying. Just clean yourself and make a fresh wudhu before every salaat.. and if it turns into a full blown period in a few days then stop praying. If it doesn't though, and it continues.. see your doctor!

AnonymousPoster
03-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Just clean yourself and make a fresh wudhu before every salaat.. and if it turns into a full blown period in a few days then stop praying. If it doesn't though, and it continues.. see your doctor!

^ Correct!

Question

I have had a vaginal discharge for the past two months.

It is brown in colour with small clots. I have pain as if I am going to have a period and a bloated feeling but no odour.

The discharge is not heavy but sometimes the small clots are black. I am also suffering from wind.

Answer

A brown discharge is usually a blood discharge. If the bleeding is quite slight then it takes longer to reach the outside world and turns from red or black to brown in the process. Such bleeding can be caused by all kinds of things - most commonly infections and erosions (these are raw patches on the cervix).

There are many other possibilities and the only way to find out what is causing it is to go and see your GP and get examined or referred to a gynaecologist for examination.

I suspect this is not going to go away by itself so go and get it attended to. Most of the possible causes are extremely easily treated.

Yours sincerely

Dr Bob Leckridge, GP
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/womenshealth/207070.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
03-14-2009, 11:38 AM
:sl:

I'm not married sister and it's only been going on for 4 days at first i thought it was my period because it looked slightly red but now it's just brown (sorry for being graphic). I carried on praying like normal but now i'm confused whether I should be or not. I've just being doing what u suggested cleaning myself b4 every salat.

:w:

S_87
03-14-2009, 12:20 PM
does this answer ur question?

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/38750/brown%20discharge

anonymous
03-14-2009, 02:08 PM
JazakaAllah Khair sister. That did give me a new insight but when he says:

"But if these five days are followed immediately by your period, then they are part of your period, so you should not fast or pray on these days. "

If you know your period is going to be around the 21st of the month does this include in it?

Sorry I'm being so persistent it's just that I think I should stop praying 'cos this keeps happening but then if I do stop and it's not part of my period then i've commited a major sin leaving the prayer and i'm confuzzled. Also if I book an appointment with my GP it'll be booked for ages by which point there will be no need.

M..x
03-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Sis, tha discharge problem, should defo go to tha doc if its not normal, i mean wait a cupla days till you start and if you dont and it continues, then i would defo go see doc or sumet...! x

Sister_22013
03-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Asalamu-alaikum

It could just be what is often termed as "old blood" as its generally close to brownish colour. Usually for me, it comes SOMETIMES days after my period has finished. Sometimes, they can come before a period to.

If it happens once in awhile, its no big deal. I here its nothing to worry about, just your system clearing stuff out.

nms
03-21-2009, 10:02 PM
go to the doctor, it could be something.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.