/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts

Ibrahim_K
03-13-2009, 07:53 PM
In islam, is one judged for thoughts or actions? Too me it happens all the time that I have "bad" thoughts, for example when someone has offended me etc., but I never act according to these sinful thoughts, rather I try to be a nice persons despite what I might think.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
03-13-2009, 08:40 PM
If you think to do a bad deed and do not carry it out, then a good deed is recorded for you. If your bad thought is the bad deed then a bad deed is recorded. For a good deed the reward is 10 to 700 times the weight of that good deed and a bad deed carries one bad deed in weight. Allah has made our religion so easy in this respect and does not want us to fail. Peace

Woodrow
03-14-2009, 04:40 AM
Overcoming our bad thoughts and not acting upon them is part of the greater Jihad. We most likely will never fight any battle more difficult. To win that battle is a big step in the direction of Jannah.
May Allaah(swt) reward you for your victories in your inner battles.

Yanal
03-16-2009, 12:36 AM
My imam said " if you think of a good deed to do and you don't accomplish it,you get rewards for the intention,however it's the opposite for bad intentions in thoghts as if you think of a bad deed and don't do it you don't get any good or bad deeds." hope that helps you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.