/* */

PDA

View Full Version : PiXie's PosTinG ProbLeM

Re.TiReD
03-14-2009, 03:46 PM
AssalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah

It is with the deepest regret that I must inform you of PiXie's posting paranoia. She will browse the forum for hours on end but cannot bring herself to post. Now why is that, I hear you ask?

Is it the Moody Mods, the Mean Members, or maybe its the evil cackle that can be heard echoing from zAk's AdminCP...? Indeed Allah (swt) knows best.

Oh and btw, before I continue, I just want to say this:

So yeh....How can we overcome this problemo? Like seriously. Sometimes I cant be bothered posting aswell and if I do then I feel like getting it deleted straight away...Just because I make the silliest of posts at times....But I dont get an anxious feeling like some :S

So laak, vats teh solushun yaar?

WassalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alcurad
03-14-2009, 03:55 PM
well, if you find yourself browsing and not posting/reading then simply log out, and get back to your other life.
on the other hand I remember my first year, when I joined I never did post, I'd just read and attempt to grok it all.
hope that helps :),,

Re.TiReD
03-14-2009, 04:14 PM
But what if you wanna post but you feel like you're going to say something wrong or that people are not going to respond to your posts?

transition?
03-14-2009, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inaayah
But what if you wanna post but you feel like you're going to say something wrong or that people are not going to respond to your posts?
:sl:

I hate when that feeling happens. Worse is that I get that feeling when I'm with Muslims in real life. That's probably at why I fail at getting Muslim friends around my community. I have this awful dread of meeting practicing Muslims because I feel so inadequate... But just yesterday I had thought about this:

The thing is not to worry. <3 I realized that the people in this forum and the Muslims in my community aren't out to get me, standing with a red ink correction pen or record of my mistakes. These people are here only to support and benefit you. You got to humble yourself to realize that I can make mistakes and my Muslim brothers and sisters aren't to simply make me feel bad and correct me with contempt, looking down on me -They are here to help spread knowledge and help you too become a better Muslim ^_^. It is a quality of a Muslim to want for others what they want for themselves.

I had something deleted. I felt bad for making the mistake, but I was glad because I knew it was deleted only to benefit/protect me and others. : ).

People not responding to your post is a part of forum life. Some threads fail and others are successes. They are not ignored because they are "bad." but mainly because people don't always remember to say something or have to say something.

Haven't you ever been to a beautiful thread, but simply got distracted by another great thread where you could to discussion more, so went there? Happens all the time, there are so many threads and people sometimes don't have the physical time to post in every thread and it doesn't mean they are just ignoring your threads/posts.

Benefit from the knowledge of others. It is usually a sense of pride that makes reluctant from gaining knowledge and the blessing from people who are more knowledgeable. So beware, that you want people to love you, rather you want Allah (swt) Love you for humbling yourself and coming out as who you are, only to become a better person

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
<_<

zAk, the general consensus is that you're evil.

You didnt know? ;D

JazakAllah khayr sis Transition with the question mark for the beautiful post *wub*

Musaafirah
03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
I have posted many threads I regret here and even then it'll take me ages to reply.
Sometimes however I let my fingers type and then next thing you know I've hit enter.
Like I'm doing now.
(I really should do some work now!)

Re.TiReD
03-14-2009, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
That's an old story :ermm: The evilness has shaded away long back :ermm:

On Topic: It's piXie [not PiXie]
Nupee, the evilness remains. Although I guess mods here are nicer than other ones *cough* eh?

On Topic: I refuse to call her PiXie without teh capital P.

I hope she posts now, even though she'll probably take 30mins on it :D *wub*

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-14-2009, 04:59 PM
That's an old story :ermm: The evilness has shaded away long back :ermm:
Apparently it shaded away when he got married. Good riddance, I say! :D

Al-Zaara
03-14-2009, 05:03 PM
That's an old story :ermm: The evilness has shaded away long back :ermm: As someone just said... 'Marriage changes'.

On Topic: It's piXie [not PiXie]
Agreed! :thumbs_up And what's wrong with some 'evilness'? Without him there'd be too much spelling mistakes to stand, just to give an example.

Btw, I haven't even seen piXie online much. And she's not the only member in this forum who has got that issue. Dr. Phil knows whom I'm talking about (inside joke).

crayon
03-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Some days I can't seem to stop talking (typing). Other days, like today, it takes an effort to write something, so I usually just read.
Don't feel like you need to do one or the other, just be natural, and if you feel like posting, post, if not, don't- it's not like you're getting graded on the number of your posts.. :)

S_87
03-14-2009, 08:19 PM
LOL. ive talked to her about this, she is one weird pixie :wub:

Musaafirah
03-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Does anyone else find the cat in the original post seriously cute?!
Where is piXie? I thought she was really active before?!

The Ruler
03-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Posting is boring. Sometimes, it's more fun to just sit back and let the drama unfold before you.

But really, there are days when there's hardly anything to reply to. I often click on the top 5 stats to go through the recently discussed topics' list ticking 91% of them as 'blehs', 'tchs' and 'mmhs'.

Re.TiReD
03-15-2009, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
LOL. ive talked to her about this, she is one weird pixie :wub:
Lol we gotta help her overcome her phobia manu :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.