/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question from Revert

allahuakbar79
03-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Allāhu Akbar

As-Salāmu `Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I am looking for advice or guidance. I am a very recent revert to Islam. I live with my parents in southwest New Mexico. We are about 120 miles from the nearest Masjid and I am looking for some place in the US where I can study and practice my faith fully. I was laid-off my job in November and have been unable to find work. Can someone tell me of a place in the US where a person can go and immerse themselves in Islam and live there and learn how to live a true Muslim life, please let me know?

As-Salāmu `Alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musaafirah
03-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Sorry, I'm not from the US, so don't know how to help you.
However, there are other members here from US who'll insha'allah be able to help you!
Welcome to the forum though.

Khalil_Allah
03-14-2009, 11:21 PM
OMG ALHAMDULILLAH

I am a revert too, 4 years now, and I imagine that I understand what you are going through.

Are you a male?

If so, you should send me a PM, and I will talk to you more personally about your situation.

In the meantime, I just want to tell you that regardless of the people and the world around you, you may always rest assured that Allah swt has designed your situation just for you! Everyone in your life and every experience that you encounter is of Allah's design. Your pains, your loneliness, your struggles, your joys, your mother, your loss of job... everything.

Take it slow. Take it very slow. You may feel like you should automatically live in the character of our beloved Prophet, peace be upon him, but Allah allowed even the Prophet's people to slowly change. Don't be hard on yourself, and make every prayer that you can.

Talk to God on a personal basis. God knows you and knows what you know; you aren't expected to do everything in Arabic, but you must stay close to Him.

I will look forward to hearing from you, InshaAllah, and if not, then I recommend talking to one of the sisters on here. They have always been helpful to me.

I know that on behalf of everyone here, we welcome you to the forum and to the Truth. Your time in both will be well spent, InshaAllah.

Salaam alaykum, :thumbs_up
-------------
oh you are a brother! get at me quick!

allahuakbar79
03-14-2009, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalil_Allah
OMG ALHAMDULILLAH

I am a revert too, 4 years now, and I imagine that I understand what you are going through.

Are you a male?

If so, you should send me a PM, and I will talk to you more personally about your situation.

In the meantime, I just want to tell you that regardless of the people and the world around you, you may always rest assured that Allah swt has designed your situation just for you! Everyone in your life and every experience that you encounter is of Allah's design. Your pains, your loneliness, your struggles, your joys, your mother, your loss of job... everything.

Take it slow. Take it very slow. You may feel like you should automatically live in the character of our beloved Prophet, peace be upon him, but Allah allowed even the Prophet's people to slowly change. Don't be hard on yourself, and make every prayer that you can.

Talk to God on a personal basis. God knows you and knows what you know; you aren't expected to do everything in Arabic, but you must stay close to Him.

I will look forward to hearing from you, InshaAllah, and if not, then I recommend talking to one of the sisters on here. They have always been helpful to me.

I know that on behalf of everyone here, we welcome you to the forum and to the Truth. Your time in both will be well spent, InshaAllah.

Salaam alaykum, :thumbs_up
-------------
oh you are a brother! get at me quick!

Salaam 'Alaykum Brother,

I read your reply and thank you for your kind words. I am open to any and all suggestions at this point. I'll be looking forward to your reply insha'allah.

Salaam,

Abdul-Rahim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalil_Allah
03-14-2009, 11:50 PM
ok, i sent you a pm. do you check your email more? if so, then I will send you an email!

allahuakbar79
03-15-2009, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalil_Allah
ok, i sent you a pm. do you check your email more? if so, then I will send you an email!
I do check my email, ever 10 - 15 minutes from 8 - 8 every day. This forum will not allow me to even reply to pm's sent to me. You can email me at allahuakbar1979 at gmail.com

Salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.