/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suhaib

Suhaib Jobst
03-14-2009, 09:57 PM
As Salam Alaykum,

I embraced Islam seven years ago, adopting Suhaib as my Islamic first name. I am a 23-year-old university student, who stumbled upon this forum while undertaking some research. Everything is according to the Will of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala), containing wisdom and a deeper purpose.

I notice that the majority trend on this forum is of the "Salafi" movement. I was a zealous Salafi youth for about four years after my conversion but have since rejected their approach. I follow the Maliki madhhab and am studying the Shadhili-Darqawi tariqa of Tasawwuf (I know this already makes me a "heretic" in the eyes of many here).

However, I don't intend any arguments or polemics but rather to discuss the issues which divide us, in a constructive and logical manner. I look forward to these and other general discussions, and indeed to further correspondences. Jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
03-14-2009, 10:01 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum :D:thumbs_up

I don't think anyone cares about these minor divisions between muslims, you'll probably find users like this on ummah forums, but over here we're like a big family

Mikayeel
03-14-2009, 10:03 PM
:w: Suhaib

Welcome and have a good stay :)

Suhaib Jobst
03-14-2009, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I don't think anyone cares about these minor divisions between muslims, you'll probably find users like this on ummah forums, but over here we're like a big family
Jazakallah khair. I just noticed that many posts which attempt to express the madhhabi and Sufi views tend to be closed. Likewise, I noticed that there are many Salafi texts which are "sticky" so I cannot respond to any of them. However, although I have my own strong beliefs in this regard my primary focus is on other issues where we could probably find more agreement as Muslims in general, insha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
03-15-2009, 11:57 PM
welcome to LI:)

Zafran
03-16-2009, 01:55 AM
salaam

yep welcome to TTI

and your right about the salafi thing - but as the brother said we are a big family.

peace.

Bint-Al-Islam
03-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Salam Alekum
Welcome to LI.. gd 2 have u here Alhamdulillah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.