/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalam Alaikam

Lyndon
03-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Assalam Alaikam :sl:,

Greetings dear brothers and sisters. My name is Lyndon, I am an American living in Okinawa Japan. In the U.S, Navy. Born and raised christian and have been practicing Buddhism for the last 3 years. I am a spritual seeker. Recently I have read large portions of the Quran and watched several videos on youtube about Islam. I have been very surprised to find that Islam is a very open and tolerant religion. It is a religion of peace and submission to the one and only god. I was also surprised to find out that Muslims, Christians, and Jews all refer and pray to the same god. This also confirmed my own personal belief, that there is one and only one god. I want to learn more about Islam.

I have one problem though, with the American stereotypes of islam. Also my dad hates Muslims and thinks the Quran is written by satan. I have detested this to my dad, and asked have you ever read the Quran? And I try to smash some delusions about islam before my father. Also, my wife has detested against queries in Islam. SO it is hard for me to pursue. I try to look past these types of ignorance and know I must keep seeking truth. There is a Masjhid here and I hope to go to one of the Friday prayers. Actually I work at the chapel which the Masjhid is in. I have spoken to the Imam in the past about my interest in Islam and on of the lay leaders, I told him i would come to their Arabic class last Saturday. However there was a large wedding going on in the main chapel, with whom most people know who I am. So I was scared to go in the Masjhid that day, because I didn't want people to think I am a muslim. I hope I didn't disappoint the lay leader as to my word to be there. I even speculated that most of the community showed up that Saturday to welcome me, Im not sure. So I feel kind of bad for not going. But, I plan on going next Friday to observe pray.

I really want to learn. And have come to find out that Islam, is really spiritual and devine faith. Most of what I have read in the Quran has made sense, and unlike reading a bible it is not confusing.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
03-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Wa alaikum asalam, welcome to the forums!

Hopefully you can ask any questions you have here, or read older threads to learn more about what Islam teaches.

Peace.:)

al Amaanah
03-15-2009, 12:32 PM
wa 3alaikom

welcome to LI and ask away insha Allah.

BintAbee
03-15-2009, 01:32 PM
wa alaikumus salaam

Please continue learning about Islam. Do not give up. May Allah help and guide you! Welcome to LI.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*KB*
03-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Peace,

:welcome: Insha'Allah you'll enjoy your stay :)

Assalamualaykum and Peace to All
*KB*

Lyndon
03-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Thank you all for the warm greetings. I have a million questions, and a few have been answered by reading old threads and posts. It is hard to find everything as I am sure it has been asked or discussed before. However I feel compelled to start new threads to ask my questions.

Insha Allah
:happy:

Güven
03-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Konbanwa, Ogenki desu ka ? I love japan :D

Welcome to LI , I hope you have a very enjoyable and beneficial stay in here.

Im glad to see that you are interested in Islam!

Lyndon
03-17-2009, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Konbanwa, Ogenki desu ka ? I love japan :D

Welcome to LI , I hope you have a very enjoyable and beneficial stay in here.

Im glad to see that you are interested in Islam!
Genki desu yo. Nihongo Hanesemasuka?

Japan is a wonderful place. Certainly islam is sprouting up in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlalLOPMIgE

'Abdul Rahmaan
03-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Welcome brother! Glad to have you here. :)

Lyndon
03-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Assalam Alykum,

I have taken my Shahada and I am now a Muslim. Thank you all. And pray for you all. Insha'Allah. :inshallah:Mosque:

crayon
03-17-2009, 02:18 PM
MashaAllah!! Mabrook (congratulations) brother, may Allah keep you on the straight path, welcome back to Islam!

Güven
03-17-2009, 02:23 PM
MashaAllah !!! Allahu Akbar !! Im realy glad to hear that ! Welcome to the Family!

May Allah make your path easy and protect you from all the misconceptions, misguidance , and reward you with Jannatul-Firdaws (Highest Heaven) , Ameen !

The Ruler
03-17-2009, 02:29 PM
I would say ,"Okaeri"... But that's more like 'Welcome home' desu ne? Demo, some do consider LI as an e-home. Dakara, Okaerinasai Lyndon nii-san. (I hope the context is right).

Amat Allah
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Asalamo Alikum Wa Rahmato Allahi Wa Barakatoh

Allaho Akbar Allaho Akbar Allaho Akbar mashaa Allah ,all praise and glory be to Allah...

wellcome my dear respected brother to Islam wellcome to LI`s family as a new precious brother ...I am really really happy for yah my brother laa ilaha illa Allah ...

please whenever u need to ask any Q just do it we are here with yah after Allah to give u help and support inshaa Allah ,ask whatever u want and we will try our best to give u all answers by Allah`s willing....

may Allah guide ur family ease ur life ,be pleased with you and keep u on the stright path and fill ur heart with his rememberance Taqwa Iman his love peace comfort and the endless happiness and may he make all ur dreams hopes wishes and prayers come true and cover you with all of his blesses graces forgiveness mercy and be pleased with u in this life and in the hereafter and may Allah protect you from all harms sins satan and hell fire and may he give you strength and good knowledge and purify u from all sins ,may Allah reward you with the highest levels of paradise Al Ferdaws with out being reckoning to be with Rasool Allah Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa Sallam all prophets peace and blessings of Allah be upon them and the prophet companions may Allah be pleased with them and Angels peace be upon them all and to be coverd by silk perfumed with musk eating from Al jannah fruits looking to Al mighty face coverd with his light and grace......the same Duaa for All muslims from jin and mankind......

praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be uopn Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

allways remeber Allah is allways with u and when u walk to Allah, Allah will run to u ^^

take care of ur self

BintAbee
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Masha Allah, i'm sooo happy for you brother. May Allah accept it from you and keep you steadfast and make you among the Mu'mineen. Ameeeeen!!!!

*KB*
03-17-2009, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lyndon
Assalam Alykum,

I have taken my Shahada and I am now a Muslim. Thank you all. And pray for you all. Insha'Allah. :inshallah:Mosque:
Assalamualaykum

Marsha'Allah :D :D May Allah Bless You Ameen :statisfie :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.