/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stretch Marks

AnonymousPoster
03-15-2009, 06:16 PM
SALAM Ok i am a bit embaressed to ask this as i know people here have bigger problems please forgive me. I lost a lot of weight in the past 4 years i was a fat teenager and when i hit 19 i managed to loose 3 stones anyways i have a lot of stretchmarks on my body and is putting me down i even try to cover it with foundation but it does not work the time of me marrying is coming nearer and nearer and i am afraid of what my future hubby might think, i do use bio oil but it didnt make much of a difference , am i over reacting? i know no1 is perfect but i am sure other sisters will understand where i am coming from. is getting me really down :( i want to be able to get married and feel comfortable in my own body not cover up in my own house.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zahida
03-15-2009, 09:12 PM
:sl: Haha!!! Couldn't help but laugh sis! Sorry. Firstly well done on losing your weight...............

Bio oil is good stuff continue to use it!!! InshaAllah it will make a difference. Also you can buy a cream called fade away about the same price as bio oil............... I would stick to the bio oil though give it about 6 months..............:w::thankyou:

Snowflake
03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Congrats on the weight loss! ;d

But hey listen sis. I've read so many letters in Agony Aunt Columns abt this. And the reply always is that men just do not notice these things. The best fade-out remedy you can try is increasing your self-confidence. Anywayz, what is wrong with having skin imperfections? It's all part of being human. If you accept yourself as you are, so will your future-hubby inshaAllah.

If you'd posted in the sisters section, I would've added more to my post. PM me if u want. :)

Cabdullahi
03-16-2009, 08:14 AM
erm...use your iron nah im messing ..bio oil is good i have marks near my arm and it has made it better

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
03-16-2009, 01:09 PM
They say cocoa butter helps? But like the sister said, you need to give it time insha'Allah x

NIKKY
03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
boi oil gets my vote aswell..! like every1 above sed..giv it tym...
big up 2 u for loosing weight....!

AnonymousPoster
03-16-2009, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
SALAM Ok i am a bit embaressed to ask this as i know people here have bigger problems please forgive me. I lost a lot of weight in the past 4 years i was a fat teenager and when i hit 19 i managed to loose 3 stones anyways i have a lot of stretchmarks on my body and is putting me down i even try to cover it with foundation but it does not work the time of me marrying is coming nearer and nearer and i am afraid of what my future hubby might think, i do use bio oil but it didnt make much of a difference , am i over reacting? i know no1 is perfect but i am sure other sisters will understand where i am coming from. is getting me really down :( i want to be able to get married and feel comfortable in my own body not cover up in my own house.
how did you managed to loose so much weight? what methods did you adopt?
mashallah well done sis!

ghengis
03-16-2009, 02:26 PM
lol

i'm a bloke. i use bio oil because i work out

and us blokes definately notice these things. ... but u gotta be comfortable with who u are...

... it is what it is....

Zahida
03-16-2009, 05:11 PM
:sl: Whoops :-[ just continue with the bio oil. You have to give it time. I used it for a year or so and got rid of a nasty scar after a very big op!!!!!!

The fade away stuff is good also available in boots, other than that go to your GPthey can give you some help especially if you are feeling low about these marks which are all in your mind by the way.................:w::)
format_quote Originally Posted by ghengis
lol

i'm a bloke. i use bio oil because i work out

and us blokes definately notice these things. ... but u gotta be comfortable with who u are...

... it is what it is....

Cabdullahi
03-16-2009, 05:15 PM
sister dont worry we men have stretch marks too ,inshallah bio oil should work

The Ruler
03-16-2009, 08:33 PM
My mum uses Bio oil and though it takes time to work, it works (according to her).

Snowflake
03-16-2009, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ghengis
and us blokes definately notice these things....
lol, you serious?

transition?
03-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, what's bio oil?

O_o.

The Ruler
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM

^That, which supposedly removes stretch marks/scratch marks/black spots and anything else that is deemed ugly by stupid people.

Snowflake
03-16-2009, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler

^That, which supposedly removes stretch marks/scratch marks/black spots and anything else that is deemed ugly by stupid people.
^ :D :thumbs_up

Whatsthepoint
03-16-2009, 10:13 PM
If the oil doesn't help, you still got surgery as a last resort.

Snowflake
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
^what is wrong with stretchmarks? A lot of women will get them anyway when they have babies. God forbid, at this rate I can see hospitals soon offering plastic surgery straight after child-birth! lol

Be human ppl and learn to accept that the only time we will be flawless is when we are in Jannah. :statisfie

S_87
03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

But hey listen sis. I've read so many letters in Agony Aunt Columns abt this. And the reply always is that men just do not notice these things.
lol ive read that many many times too

but apparently cocoa butter is good for stretch marks and congratulations on the weight loss sister :) and remember no one is flawless so a few marks is nothing to be ashamed or paranoid about

jennifer8055
03-24-2009, 01:09 PM
I used to have pretty bad stretch marks and red scars around my belly region ever since I gave birth to my three kids.I had tried Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter which a number of people had recommended but unfortunately it didn't seem to work too well. My Doctor had even suggested that I go for a Tummy Tuck. I then recently read an article about a lady who supposedly got rid of her stretch marks using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked really well. It took a number of weeks but my stretch marks soon faded away. You can read the lady's article at the link below.

http://www.stretchmarkszapped.com

AnonymousPoster
03-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Asalaamalaykum, my sister had a baby and she got strech marks and then she used this cream called "Palmers Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion. Maybe you can try it too. gd luck.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.