/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Daddy Can you give me 10$ ?

KiWi
03-17-2009, 08:03 PM
A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5 year old son waiting for him at the door.
"Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
"Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man.
"Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?"
"That's none of your business! What makes you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.
"I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded the little boy.
"If you must know, I make $20.00 an hour."
"Oh, " the little boy replied, head bowed. Looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I borrow $10.00 please?"
The father was furious. "If the only reason you want to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you're being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don't have time for such childish games."
The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy's questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so , the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. May be there was something he really needed to buy with that $10.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door. "Are you asleep son?" he asked.
"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.
"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man. "It's been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you. Here's that $10.00 you asked for."
The little boy sat straight up, beaming. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man.
"Why did you want more money if you already had some?" the father grumbled.
"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied. "Daddy, I have $20.00 now... Can I buy an hour of your time?"

It's so sad but has a truth to it. We have become so fixated on money and wealth that our children are paying the price.

Someone once wrote, "A child spells love T-I-M-E." I think it's true.

please take care of your children imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raynn~
03-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Awwww!

format_quote Originally Posted by Orange
"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied. "Daddy, I have $20.00 now... Can I buy an hour of your time?"
:(

KiWi
03-19-2009, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Raynn~
Awwww!

:(

i know... so sad
it brought tears to my eyes :cry:

aadil77
03-19-2009, 10:10 PM
SubhaAllah I hope this wasn't true imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KiWi
03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Allahu A3lam akhi
but i think it is :(

Bint-Al-Islam
03-19-2009, 10:29 PM
thats sad story to hear at the end :(

~Raynn~
03-19-2009, 10:42 PM
But I'm sure this would've made the dad reconsider his priorities...

//-Asif-\\
03-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Wow, too true. Great story by the way, really makes you think. I'm a newlywed by the way and for the longest time I worried about the status of my kids when I finally have some.

Yanal
03-19-2009, 11:19 PM
I remember this being posted. But it's such a good story.

The Ruler
03-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I doubt the story is true. No matter how you look at it, the story seems impossible.

~Raynn~
03-20-2009, 11:56 PM
^^ Lol, sure, but that doesn't exactly diminish the point of the story...

~Taalibah~
03-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Wha! You know this is getting to be true. imsad

buddy1
04-08-2009, 08:54 AM
you would be so surprised how clever children are some of the things they come out with is mad!

however true or not, this story is based on truth, we do spend to much time worrying about money, instead of the finer things in life.

Allah blessed me, so i can afford to stay at home in our own privately owned home with my children all day everyday, i know others are not blessed in the same way, and for that im truely greatful! But i know that others who have to work to keep their children clothed fed and watered miss their babies something terrible, and wish they could spend more time with them! so please be aware 99.999999999% of the time not spending enough time with them is not through choice. but its to line their lives for a better future.

i love my babies xxx

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.