/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with this ummah?

Ummu Sufyaan
03-18-2009, 09:49 AM
:sl:
firstly, this is just some random thoughts ive been having...so nothing personal if anyone takes offense...

what is wrong with this ummah?
no really, what is wrong? imsad why is it that people accept things like gay Muslims, prayer not being established..basically so many things that are considered haram are seen as something so small...

my brother was telling me that he saw a programe on tv where it mentioned (something along the lines of) some Muslims wishing that allah revealed a verse in where He accepted gay people (because it was a program about gay Muslims)...why do we even think like this!

why arent the punishments for sins (eg zina, etc) established? this is what makes it so much worse. if these aren't implemented (obviously by the permission of a Muslim authority), no one dares to do these things, and we would have a much more "healthier" society!...in fact these punishments are seen as extreme (imo) is because no one knows of them due to the lack on implimention of them! how are we suppose to know and accept these things, when it isn't practiced/seen!

i thought things like prayer are common knowledge and these things are part of our natural instinct...i thought guarding your modesty is something natraul, as is not cheating in your (financial) dealings

i know what everything happens is qadr, but at the end of he day, people still have a choice. i dont mean to be judgmental, but i really thought some of this stuff comes naturally.

im so sick to death of people twisting the words of the quran and hadith because apparently they're too "extreme" and we dont want to make a shame out of ourselves...since when? :(
im sick to death of this whole "apologetic Islam" that people have.

why are niqaabis seen as something so bad in a Muslim society<---needed to highlight that, in case anyone missed it...

why is the hijab becoming a fashion statement. i mean looking nice and presentable is commendable, but having your abaya being so over decorated and looking like a walking craft shop is something else :(

i understand that people are ignorant, and thats not the issue here, im talking about where we are over prioritizing the dunya over our aakhira to the extent where we are not taught and we dont know that basic things in islam are obligatory. it is so sad wallahi...the foundations of of our instinct are not present in us anymore...

being a Muslim doesn't mean just believing in Allah, it means implementing
what the quran and sunnah say, according to the understanding of the companions/salaf...so what is going on :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
doorster
03-18-2009, 10:02 AM
someone wise said to me once to pull that beam out of my own eye before ranting on about the speck in the eye of another

aamirsaab
03-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I understand where the Op is coming from. But, what I have found is concentrate on perfecting your own Islam first and foremost is better. That's not a judgement call on you being a ''bad'' muslim or anything, rather that YOU should be even better.

As Doorster said: Pull that beam out of my own eye before ranting on about the speck in the eye of another.

Worry more about your own Imaan than others. When you get hung up on other people's mistakes, you stop moving. And that is even worse.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend ''bad'' muslims (and I do understand the points you were making - it can be very annoying to see sunnah and hadith go down the drain), just that we should be concentrating on getting ourselves perfect before we can even begin to tell others.

Vito
03-18-2009, 04:06 PM
If we see a problem with something and we have the ability to fix it, or at least try to, don't you think we should? I wouldn't necessarily say that in order to step in and say something about whats going on, we need to perfect our own lives. No one is perfect and problem free so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Another thing to think about is, some people do things not knowing that its wrong so, if we just sit on the sidelines saying 'well I need to worry about my own life first', then that person will continue. I don't know, thats just what I think.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
doorster
03-18-2009, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
If we see a problem with something and we have the ability to fix it, or at least try to, don't you think we should? I wouldn't necessarily say that in order to step in and say something about whats going on, we need to perfect our own lives. No one is perfect and problem free so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Another thing to think about is, some people do things not knowing that its wrong so, if we just sit on the sidelines saying 'well I need to worry about my own life first', then that person will continue. I don't know, thats just what I think.
in the context of whining and whinging found in OP, this post is worse.

initial post of thread is bit like those drivers always going on and on about other drivers speeding or breaking rules while themselves going 30mph over the limit. just go back read more of her posts and you will notice extremism of the worst kind, a delusion almost and hatred of all things which do not conform to a certain type of belief.

some people do things not knowing that its wrong so, if we just sit on the sidelines saying 'well I need to worry about my own life first', then that person will continue.
try that in my former country and see if you escape with your life, what you think or believe to be right might be downright deviant according to the one you want to "correct"

in real life all one can do is to live decently and if some want to follow you then all fine and dandy other way (where you try to impose your will) there will be a big problem

I could go along with controversial posts if they actually targeted a real individual/poster/post then went on to prove that person/ post wrong, but random tantrums aimed at masses are just plain "o lookie see how pious I am"

anyhow, I only came back to this thread to rep a very decent post by a staff member but it disappeared as soon as I logged on and I ended up venting instead

Al-Zaara
03-18-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't want to comment on the whole thread, 'cause really, I have no freaking time to even glance at someone else to see how sinful or how great they are. My own life is too pre-occupying.

why are niqaabis seen as something so bad in a Muslim society<---needed to highlight that, in case anyone missed it...
It is just one thing I don't believe you're too familiar with. In the Balkan and the Turkish areas for example, people didn't have the norm of wearing this niqab. It wasn't and isn't the norm in every Islamic culture.
I believe breaking the norm is what makes people raise their eyebrows, as in itself people are dirfting away from Islam and loosing their identity in the middle of strong globalization.

Vito
03-18-2009, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
in the context of whining and whinging found in OP, this post is worse.

initial post of thread is bit like those drivers always going on and on about other drivers speeding or breaking rules while themselves going 30mph over the limit. just go back read more of her posts and you will notice extremism of the worst kind, a delusion almost and hatred of all things which do not conform to a certain type of belief.

try that in my former country and see if you escape with your life, what you think or believe to be right might be downright deviant according to the one you wan to "correct"

in real lif all one can do is to live decently and if some want to follow you then all fine and dandy other way (where you try to impose your will) there will be a big problem

I could go along with controversial posts if they actually targeted a real individual/poster/post then went on to prove that person/ post wrong, but random tantrums aimed at masses are just plain "o lookie see how pious I am"

anyhow, I only came back to this thread to rep a very decent post by a staff member but it disappeared as soon as I logged on and I ended up venting instead
I'm happy you liked my post.. Anyways, I'd say the majority of the khutbahs on friday are spent talking on situations like this. Why the Islamic world is in the position its in today. Do you consider that whining as well? I see topics like these as wake up calls more than anything else, definitely not whining.

As far as the bolded statements:

1. No thanks
2. I only fear Allah and if I happened to die standing for what was right, so be it.

doorster
03-18-2009, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
I'm happy you liked my post.. Anyways, I'd say the majority of the khutbahs on friday are spent talking on situations like this. Why the Islamic world is in the position its in today. Do you consider that whining as well? I see topics like these as wake up calls more than anything else, definitely not whining.

As far as the bolded statements:

1. No thanks
2. I only fear Allah and if I happened to die standing for what was right, so be it.
YEAH Right! it is so dang easy to play superman on keyboard, however it is a different story in real life, unless you have gangs of taliban like thugs in tow

Vito
03-18-2009, 06:33 PM
It would probably make more sense to type about someone if you actually knew them.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-19-2009, 07:31 AM
just go back read more of her posts and you will notice extremism of the worst kind, a delusion almost and hatred of all things which do not conform to a certain type of belief.
extreme i may be (although tbh, that aint the intention) but im not sure which is worse tho...extreme in belief or extreme in lack of manners! do inform me!

mmm yeah that was my intention.. actually if you want the truth there was a few times i deleted and rewrite and edited my post lest i came across as "holier than thou"...

if you actually re my post and dont let your stupidity get to you, then you would actually see my whole point was the following...

i understand that people are ignorant, and that's not the issue here, im talking about where we are over prioritizing the dunya over our aakhira to the extent where we are not taught and we don't know that basic things in islam are obligatory. ...the foundations of of our instinct are not present in us anymore...
which is why i used examples such as the prayer and the issue of gay Muslims...i thought these things are part of out nature, esp the one about gay muslims...

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
I don't want to comment on the whole thread, 'cause really, I have no freaking time to even glance at someone else to see how sinful or how great they are. My own life is too pre-occupying.
i wasn't glancing at someone else ...in all honesty, i don't usually notice these things until they're so blatantly obvious in my face :S (which some of those things mentioned were)...

It is just one thing I don't believe you're too familiar with. In the Balkan and the Turkish areas for example, people didn't have the norm of wearing this niqab. It wasn't and isn't the norm in every Islamic culture.
ahh okay cool, i didnt know that :)

@brothers Aamirsaab, and Kai, barakallu feekumaa...

doorster
03-19-2009, 07:40 AM
I prefer to remain stupid than be someone who satisfy their monstrous lust for hatred and murder by playing holy and preaching it on web forums.

would you like me to link you to some of your hate preaching posts where you express desire for destruction of whole communities?

Ummu Sufyaan
03-19-2009, 07:43 AM
I prefer to remain stupid than be someone who satisfy their monstrous lust for hatred and murder by playing holy and preaching it on web forums.
booooy oh boy look whose being judgmental now...

would you like me to link you to some of your hate preaching posts where you express desire for destruction of whole communities?
not particularity, because knowing you would most likely twist them out of context, which i wouldn't appreciate....

in all seriousness, if you have nothing else to say other than what you have already, don't bother replying, because i don't want my thread closed...

GreyKode
03-19-2009, 07:53 AM
I agree with you 100% Umm ul-shaheed. Ever muslim must be concerned about the ummah as much as he's concerned about himself and his own family.

wth1257
03-19-2009, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
firstly, this is just some random thoughts ive been having...so nothing personal if anyone takes offense...

what is wrong with this ummah?
no really, what is wrong? imsad why is it that people accept things like gay Muslims, prayer not being established..basically so many things that are considered haram are seen as something so small...

my brother was telling me that he saw a programe on tv where it mentioned (something along the lines of) some Muslims wishing that allah revealed a verse in where He accepted gay people (because it was a program about gay Muslims)...why do we even think like this!

why arent the punishments for sins (eg zina, etc) established? this is what makes it so much worse. if these aren't implemented (obviously by the permission of a Muslim authority), no one dares to do these things, and we would have a much more "healthier" society!...in fact these punishments are seen as extreme (imo) is because no one knows of them due to the lack on implimention of them! how are we suppose to know and accept these things, when it isn't practiced/seen!

i thought things like prayer are common knowledge and these things are part of our natural instinct...i thought guarding your modesty is something natraul, as is not cheating in your (financial) dealings

i know what everything happens is qadr, but at the end of he day, people still have a choice. i dont mean to be judgmental, but i really thought some of this stuff comes naturally.

im so sick to death of people twisting the words of the quran and hadith because apparently they're too "extreme" and we dont want to make a shame out of ourselves...since when? :(
im sick to death of this whole "apologetic Islam" that people have.

why is the hijab becoming a fashion statement. i mean looking nice and presentable is commendable, but having your abaya being so over decorated and looking like a walking craft shop is something else :(

i understand that people are ignorant, and thats not the issue here, im talking about where we are over prioritizing the dunya over our aakhira to the extent where we are not taught and we dont know that basic things in islam are obligatory. it is so sad wallahi...the foundations of of our instinct are not present in us anymore...

being a Muslim doesn't mean just believing in Allah, it means implementing
what the quran and sunnah say, according to the understanding of the companions/salaf...so what is going on :(
I guess two things stand out to me, for whatever they are worth. To start with, so long as the Muslim is differential to God's final word I don't see what is wrong with wishing it were not so.

Secondly I find the idea that having "Islamic Punishments" as a way to correct the society seems like putting the cart before the horse. It seems like whenever that path is followed a corrupt regime simply uses these punishments in a way contrary to Islam. Without mercy, compassion, or a respect for moderation but simply as a means to control the population and advance their own self interests.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
To start with, so long as the Muslim is differential to God's final word I don't see what is wrong with wishing it were not so.
but why, when god has had the final say? i mean (to me anyway) its like questioning His wisdom?

wth1257
03-19-2009, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
Greetings,

but why, when god has had the final say? i mean (to me anyway) its like questioning His wisdom?
I guess when I wrote this I thought of an event I seem to remember when God rebuked Muhammad for asking his mercy on some pagans he knew who died or something. As I recall God rebuked him because it was only He was sovereign to decide a souls fate, not because Muhammad wished his will were different, that the dead were met with paradise rather than hell.

Like I said it's a really busy part of the school year and I have slept like five hours this while week so if I totally botched that event I'm sorry.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.