/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Manchester

Mikayeel
03-18-2009, 09:48 PM
:sl:

It seems very likely that i will be moving to manchester to study next year. If inshAllah i meet the offer they gave me which should be no problem.

Any brothers sister from manchester here? Could you just give me a quick review of the city and the places i should avoid, and the places i should go to.

I was there today for the interview which went well alhamdulilah, i had a look through the city(only around oxford road) and went to visit the curry mile lol, a mile with curry shops which u can see from space haha :p.

U can post anonymous if u prefer :) thanks.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
03-18-2009, 09:55 PM
It's the Manchester university you're talking about right? Just out of curiosity, what course do you plan to study?

Güven
03-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Manchester United :(

Sahabiyaat
03-18-2009, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
It's the Manchester university you're talking about right? Just out of curiosity, what course do you plan to study?
a degree in milk and dairy products

duh!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
03-18-2009, 09:59 PM
manchester met?

S_87
03-18-2009, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
old trafford sucks, now trafford centre is a place i wouldnt mind spending time :rollseyes

and members from manchester, theres a few of you (i know of) show yourselves :)

Cabdullahi
03-18-2009, 10:03 PM
brother why dont you hit coventry its more calmer

The Ruler
03-18-2009, 10:05 PM
^I don't think commuting from Coventry is a good idea.

format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
a degree in milk and dairy products

duh!
If that was a joke, I didn't get it. =_='''

alcurad
03-18-2009, 10:11 PM
^obaa chan:D

Cabdullahi
03-18-2009, 10:25 PM
^I don't think commuting from Coventry is a good idea.

commuting huh..why?

The Ruler
03-18-2009, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
^obaa chan:D
Damare kusou jiji. Ruler-sama de yobe. Sore wa meirei da.

commuting huh..why?
Because, reading this:

If inshAllah i meet the offer they gave me which should be no problem.
and this:

I was there today for the interview which went well alhamdulilah
it seems he will be attending Manchester university. Either that or a job (but then the first quote seems out of place). But yah.

Cabdullahi
03-18-2009, 10:46 PM
^oki doki ...you didnt understand me...i was saying to the brother to apply to cov uni....but i guess its too late now :)

Güven
03-18-2009, 10:51 PM

Didnt you know that our brother Mikayeel was one of the best Milkman on LI ?

*Gazes at his Avatar and sig , especially sig*

no seriously bro , What are you gonna study ? if im not mistaken a while ago you were thinking about studying Zoology wasnt it.

The Ruler
03-18-2009, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
^oki doki ...you didnt understand me...i was saying to the brother to apply to cov uni....but i guess its too late now :)
Ah, I see.

Didnt you know that our brother Mikayeel was one of the best Milkman on LI ?

*Gazes at his Avatar and sig , especially sig*
I do wonder why... But to remain on topic, I'll ignore my curiosity and accept what you've just said.

Mikayeel
03-18-2009, 11:01 PM

Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks for everyone who replied.

Its the actual manchester university not the met. And the course is zoology, with the option to change to any science related degree after the first year. Like biomedical science, pharmacoly and these kind of things.

Is coventry a nice place? See deeeeep inside am a big city boy lol :p.

My study will involve admiring how nice the colour of milk is :p :D

Cabdullahi
03-18-2009, 11:07 PM
coventry...is a small countryside village compared to manchester

Cabdullahi
03-18-2009, 11:18 PM
so what other uni's did ya apply to micky?

Mikayeel
03-18-2009, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
so what other uni's did ya apply to micky?
uhm.

sussex university, kings college, cardiff uni and kingston. But manchester is so one that i liked the most.

They Amazing field trips! Like south africa, ecuador, mallorca, greece. Its really nice, and the city is amazing :)

Yanal
03-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Manchester is known for soccer. You're studying without me:D I thought you would wait for 12 years before studying. How much does it cost? Don't need to reply on this thread a PM would be great:).

Banu_Hashim
03-19-2009, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel
uhm.

sussex university, kings college, cardiff uni and kingston. But manchester is so one that i liked the most.

They Amazing field trips! Like south africa, ecuador, mallorca, greece. Its really nice, and the city is amazing :)
applied to king's as well. did you get an offer?

Mikayeel
03-19-2009, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
applied to king's as well. did you get an offer?
Nope i was turned downimsad

Shukri18
03-25-2009, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
what!?! hhaah Man. U. should be a great bonus for you to go :)

coddles76
03-25-2009, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri18
what!?! hhaah Man. U. should be a great bonus for you to go :)
LOL @ Guven. I agree, keep away from Manchester United. You should have studied somewhere in liverpool. Would have been better for you. lol

Shukri18
03-25-2009, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
LOL @ Guven. I agree, keep away from Manchester United. You should have studied somewhere in liverpool. Would have been better for you. lol
hahhaha!
nah, I hear in Liverpool there is sad epidemic disease called second place spread around that general area, alhamdulilah you will be at Manchester; where second place is not tolerated.

coddles76
03-25-2009, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri18
hahhaha!
nah, I hear in Liverpool there is sad epidemic disease called second place spread around that general area, alhamdulilah you will be at Manchester; where second place is not tolerated.
Yes but liverpool have the only cure to the disease in which one dosage causes a reaction to the cell makeup and modifies it to First place fever and hence second place spread is no longer an issue ;)

Shukri18
03-27-2009, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
Yes but liverpool have the only cure to the disease in which one dosage causes a reaction to the cell makeup and modifies it to First place fever and hence second place spread is no longer an issue ;)
*round of applaus
good one!
but I'm sorry as I recall Man. U has held onto that first place fever since '94!
[ignoring the '06 chelsea win]. As I said bro a tissue box will be headed your way pretty soon.

Ar-RaYYan
03-27-2009, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel

It seems very likely that i will be moving to manchester to study next year. If inshAllah i meet the offer they gave me which should be no problem.

Any brothers sister from manchester here? Could you just give me a quick review of the city and the places i should avoid, and the places i should go to.

I was there today for the interview which went well alhamdulilah, i had a look through the city(only around oxford road) and went to visit the curry mile lol, a mile with curry shops which u can see from space haha :p.

U can post anonymous if u prefer :) thanks.

:w:

so are you certain that you want to study Zoology then?.I remember while back you weren;t sure but alhamdullilah im happy that it went well for you! congrats for your offer at manchester uni! :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.