/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Very Odd Experience

wth1257
03-19-2009, 05:32 AM
As some of you all know I am an agnostic interested in Islam. A few weeks ago I was in a study group with some friends at school. The group of people was mixed, atheists, Christians, a Muslim etc. Anyway we were all joking around when a friend jokingly said "like Will (yours truly), he's a Muslim" (because I'm always reading some Islam book) He was just joking and I laughed but when the girl looked at me (like she couldn't quite tell if he was joking or not and was confused) I honestly didn't know what to say. I usually am actually fairly quick with a response but I just kind of did one of those weak laughs with a forced smile and finally mumbled "I'm not a Muslim/not religious" and then immediately became very involved in my work.

It was just strange because for a moment I honestly didn't know what to say. Which is odd because not all that long ago I would have known very clearly what to say (agnostic).

I don't know, a number of you have wished God's blessing for me, guidance etc either on the board, through the reputation comments or private message (although I've not been on much so perhaps I am forgotten in which case just ignore this and move along please :D) so I thought perhaps I should share that.

Anyway, I do not need this confusion during this very busy part of the school year and really am kind of confused. So while I don't know if there is anything to prayer perhaps a few of you could keep a somewhat confused kufir in mind during prayers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahabiyaat
03-19-2009, 08:36 AM
so... he thought u were muslim?

and u didnt contradict him....because subconciously .....you know u are :D DONT YA!

lol, just kidding, dont let it bother you too much, you are in our prayer :)

wth1257
03-19-2009, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
so... he thought u were muslim?
lol, no he was joking. Some of the other people sitting with us did not know wheather or not he was though.

and u didnt contradict him....because subconciously .....you know u are :D DONT YA!
I ono :><:

wth1257
03-19-2009, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
lol, just kidding, dont let it bother you too much, you are in our prayer :)

Thank you very much :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
So while I don't know if there is anything to prayer perhaps a few of you could keep a somewhat confused kufir in mind during prayers?
lol omg what a beautiful post :D

and look what you asked for.. a prayer? *grins fom ear to ear*

your heart believes in Allah's existence.. you're head is still catching up.. i cant tell u how i feel right now.. i have tears in my eyes.. tears of happiness and gratefulness to my Lord Who is opening your heart up. Make any supplication, just as spontaneously as it comes, direct from the heart. May Allah guide you to the beautiful Truth of Islam and you be with us in Paradise. Ameen :cry: lol << happy tears man!

Dawud_uk
03-19-2009, 11:15 AM
seems strange for someone agnostic to ask for people to pray for him!

anyway, i will make a du'a for you, that Allah guides you to islam, makes you a strong and firm believer and raises you on the day of judgement in the company of the pious, ameen.

Hafswa
03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Peace,
I have been there and know how distabilizing this can be.
will pray that you receive some divine intervention :)

_Rida_
03-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Aww that was an emotional post! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Cabdullahi
03-19-2009, 07:00 PM
its aight brother..........btw still bangin them weights?

Muhammad
03-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Hello wth,

Thank you for sharing that experience with us. We will be very happy to pray for you.

May Allaah the Exalted guide you to the truth and remove all doubt and confusion in your heart, Aameen.

Although it may conflict with the busy period, I think this confusion may actually be good - perhaps it will spark the beginning of a magnificent journey (Insha'Allaah). :)

Peace.

Civilsed
03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk

anyway, i will make a du'a for you, that Allah guides you to islam, makes you a strong and firm believer and raises you on the day of judgement in the company of the pious, ameen.
Ameen

Al-Zaara
03-19-2009, 08:33 PM
I really hope you'll find what is right for you. You're just like many of us sometimes are, in a confused state. You ain't alone and you'll never be, but I hope your journey to find whatever for you is to find, won't be a rough one, God willingly.

-Elle-
03-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Beautiful post, beautiful responses, mine will be simple;

don't leave any questions you have unanswered, and rely on both your head and your heart. Its hard at times, I mean, religion is based on belief and faith, and Islam is a way of life, actually, its the most beautiful way of life.:)

Ameen to the Du3ahs, and may Allah(Swt) put peace in your heart by guiding you to Islam...:)

AntiKarateKid
03-20-2009, 04:00 AM
Hey dont worry man.

I don't know you.

You don't know me.

But both of us know Allah.

So I will pray for you.

And inshallah Allah may guide us both!

coddles76
03-20-2009, 04:59 AM
You are in our prayers.
It may be that Allah is extending out his rope to you for you to grasp and I pray that Allah SWT will allow you to hold onto that rope (I just got a shiver through my body, realizing the blessing that Allah SWT can give to his creation).

[Quran 3:103]"And hold fast, all together, by the Rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the Pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: that ye may be guided".

wth1257
03-22-2009, 07:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
lol omg what a beautiful post :D

and look what you asked for.. a prayer? *grins fom ear to ear*

your heart believes in Allah's existence.. you're head is still catching up.. i cant tell u how i feel right now.. i have tears in my eyes.. tears of happiness and gratefulness to my Lord Who is opening your heart up. Make any supplication, just as spontaneously as it comes, direct from the heart. May Allah guide you to the beautiful Truth of Islam and you be with us in Paradise. Ameen :cry: lol << happy tears man!

Well thank you that was such a nice post. :) When I read the Qur'an I feel like it is correct. Yet I am constantly swinging between atheism and Islam. It's just draining.

wth1257
03-22-2009, 07:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
its aight brother..........btw still bangin them weights?
lol, I did pretty good last semester but have been a true disgrace this semester:-[

I plan to get to the gym tomorrow morning

smile
03-24-2009, 01:05 PM
you know you want to
don't resist
just submit

nebula
03-24-2009, 02:41 PM
wth1257 ill remember you in my dua's, i hope Allah guides you to the straight path and all the rest of us. If you need any help you can always ask us.

wth1257
03-25-2009, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
you know you want to
don't resist
just submit

That's easier said than done I think

wth1257
03-25-2009, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
wth1257 ill remember you in my dua's, i hope Allah guides you to the straight path and all the rest of us. If you need any help you can always ask us.
thank you :)

Amat Allah
03-25-2009, 05:57 AM
may Allah lead ur way to the path of the endless happiness my brother Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

I swear by Allah that prayer I am maken for yah from the bottom of my heart may Allah guide u brother Ameeeeeeeeeeen

take care of ur self ...

wth1257
03-25-2009, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
may Allah lead ur way to the path of the endless happiness my brother Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

I swear by Allah that prayer I am maken for yah from the bottom of my heart may Allah guide u brother Ameeeeeeeeeeen

take care of ur self ...

Thank you :)

I have a general question. I remember a Hadith in which a man offered to say the first half of the Shahadah-there is no god but Allah-but wished to wait to say the second half, that Muhammad was his prophet. Muhammad allowed this I believe. I have been advised to pray. I would like to try this but all the prayers I have seen include affirming the Prophethood of Muhammad (which I do not deney, but cannot yet mean it as Muslim do) except reciting the 99 names of God. Is it appropiate to say these as a prayer if one is not yet a Muslim? I have lately felt a strong urge to do this but do not know if it is permitted.

Al-Zaara
03-25-2009, 08:20 AM
^ A good question, I am not sure. I tried finding answers, maybe these will help?
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503546358

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...AskAboutIslamE

You probably mean you want to do dhikr, remembrance of God? http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/dhikr.html

wth1257
03-26-2009, 07:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
^ A good question, I am not sure. I tried finding answers, maybe these will help?
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503546358

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...AskAboutIslamE

You probably mean you want to do dhikr, remembrance of God? http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/dhikr.html

Thank you, that was very helpful :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.